Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,013,046 Views | 231615 Replies | Last: 42 min ago by valvemonkey91
Engine10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BREwmaster said:

mrad85 said:

Dang the WWR train has left the station
Atlas boys still pumping it, don't be surprised to see $7 soon.

Get your CC sells ready boys! Feb 7.50's?

Went $10s for the safety outside the channel, won't need to watch hard w work busy this week
0708aggie
AG
WHERE IS OA? We miss you bud.

Brewmaster
AG
So, I absolutely suck at options (especially near term premium burn), but apparently can trade in the IRA like a pro, selling CC's, etc:

I didn't realize it, but looked today and am up 60% in the last 6 weeks in the IRA!! More OA tutelage and less other noise!
same typical holdings as most of you: WWR, MBIO, FUTU, XL (bought when it was PIC), MARA and a few others.
FJ43
I trimmed $PLTR into the run up on the Feb 30c and just rebought back what I sold here.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

McInnis 03
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

McInnis 03 said:

$30K, you thinking iron on NFLX for earnings tonight? You can sell 10 wide condors 540/550 460/450 for $2.70+ right now.
no, but only because it's Tuesday. Are you going to do it?
Locked in now.
BrokeAssAggie
htown12 said:

You shouldnt need margin if you're selling covered calls because you own the shares. Worst case it hits the strike and they'll get called away from you.

If you're selling naked puts though there will be an option collateral needed and yes I tend to use margin on those.
That's what I thought but in Fidelity I choose "Sell to Open" and I get the following trade error message "Your order will leave your account with uncovered option position in cash."
FJ43
CrazyRichAggie said:

htown12 said:

You shouldnt need margin if you're selling covered calls because you own the shares. Worst case it hits the strike and they'll get called away from you.

If you're selling naked puts though there will be an option collateral needed and yes I tend to use margin on those.
That's what I thought but in Fidelity I choose "Sell to Open" and I get the following trade error message "Your order will leave your account with uncovered option position in cash."
Are you selecting the 'Put' side accidentally?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

BrokeAssAggie
FJ43 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

htown12 said:

Nope. Just tried it again and double checked I clicked the right one.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
FJ43 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

htown12 said:

Maybe some open GTC orders on those same shares?
FJ43
Esteban du Plantier said:

FJ43 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

htown12 said:

Yep that could be it also.

BrokeAssAggie

FJ43 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

htown12 said:

No open orders
Cloud
Are you sure you have enough shares to cover the number of contracts? (contracts X 100)
McInnis 03
AG
Anyone point out that $2.2MM call spread buy on LVS for Mar21 on the 55C/62.5C?
Engine10
AG
AMC leaps still cookin and we love to see it. I'm gonna wait till only need to sell less than 50% for net free. So much time
kyle field 94
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

FJ43 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

htown12 said:

No open orders

Do you have several accounts at fidelity and the shares are in one account and you are trying to sell calls in a different account (maybe fidelity selected the wrong account when you went to the trade order screen). It did that for me one time
BrokeAssAggie
Cloud said:

Are you sure you have enough shares to cover the number of contracts? (contracts X 100)

Yep, I have 800 shares. I even tried 1 contract and got the same message. If I select margin it will let me execute the trade.
McKinney Ag69
AG
Does anyone use the stock screener feature on Fidelity to identify low cost, high volume stocks? If so, find anything interesting?
FJ43
CrazyRichAggie said:

Cloud said:

Yep, I have 800 shares. I even tried 1 contract and got the same message. If I select margin it will let me execute the trade.
I would call as that doesn't sound correct.

Mr President Elect
AG
Seems like someone else on the forum was complaining about that last week, the cc's not getting placed against owned shares.
gougler08
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

Cloud said:

Make sure you don't have stop losses in place on those shares as I think that makes it go funky
Shundere
I'm a high school teacher, so trading during the day is difficult and I try to get most of my stuff done during my off period 8:45-9:30. Well went to sell some covered call in my Vanguard Roth on WWR and it said I must call them to do that. SMH. Vanguard is the worst.
zag213004
AG
Got some $10 covered calls filled on WWR but none on the 7.5cc for Feb. Will look to get those filled on hopefully another spike
Mr President Elect
AG
CastleRock said:

BREwmaster said:

mrad85 said:

This is exhiliarating

Are we trimming at all?
I don't think anyone is trimming. Some might be buying and selling within the channel but I'm not risking it. Most are just selling cc's on the upticks to capture premium with the plan to roll them if it continues to climb.
FJ43
Mr President Elect said:

CastleRock said:

BREwmaster said:

mrad85 said:

This is exhiliarating

Are we trimming at all?
I don't think anyone is trimming. Some might be buying and selling within the channel but I'm not risking it. Most are just selling cc's on the upticks to capture premium with the plan to roll them if it continues to climb.
I am not selling any shares. Just working calls and puts like a rib.

FJ43
Anyone have a thought n $CLOV?

Bob Knights Paper Hands
I trimmed a bit. The $7.50 CCs haven't moved as much as I'd have thought. I'm at a point now where I this rockets I'll be pumped or it it goes back to $5 I'll enjoy buying back those same shares. I might be doing this wrong but that was my thought process.
McKinney Ag69
AG
FJ43 said:

Anyone have a thought n $CLOV?
I've set several alerts for when it gets down to sub 12. I may start nibbling then.
Thundergon
Here is what Elite thinks:

leoj
AG
FJ43 said:

I trimmed $PLTR into the run up on the Feb 30c and just rebought back what I sold here.

You may have ticked the intraday top and bottom. Well played.
jbeck3487
AG
CX having another good day.
Barty Dont Hedge
Barty Dont Hedge said:

With market closed, I figured I would learn how to post pics. Plus I just really like the look of this wedge...

That actually aged really well for once. LOL
https://imgur.com/a/LuOfG0q
cptthunder
Round 2 of CIDM volume
kyle field 94
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

Cloud said:

Are the shares that you own "marginable". By that I mean are labeled as margin in your account. If so, it might also be that you can only sell calls that are also in that margin type account

I once had shares I owned that were in a "cash" account and then sold calls against them in a "margin" account. Even though these were the same account, they viewed the position differently since one was cash and the other was margin

I had to get my rep to "move the shares " from the cash to margin designation so that I was not being charged a margin balance against what they viewed as naked calls
Betoisafurry
CrazyRichAggie said:

Cloud said:

If your shares are held in margin, you have to select margin in the drop down. You're still selling against those held shares, it's just because they are held as margin. That's been my experience with fidelity, I would call to confirm though just to give you peace of mind.
FJ43
leoj said:

FJ43 said:

You may have ticked the intraday top and bottom. Well played.
Maybe this blind squirrel found a nut.

First Page Last Page
Page 2821 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.