Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,005,435 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by El_duderino
wmitchell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgEE10 said:

KT 90 said:

wmitchell said:

So I have never bought or sold a put.

If I buy $5 Feb19 puts on MBIO - I then have the option to sell them at $5 on that date right? Does it get auto-exercised if below $5? I see the ask a 1.1 right now. What are the pros/cons?

If below $5, you have to buy 100 @5.00.
If you're buying the put you're selling the shares at 5.00 if below 5 at expiration.

Selling the put, you're buying the shares at 5.
Thanks - not sure why puts are so confusing to me but they are!
KT 90
AG
AgEE10 said:

KT 90 said:

wmitchell said:

If I buy $5 Feb19 puts on MBIO - I then have the option to sell them at $5 on that date right? Does it get auto-exercised if below $5? I see the ask a 1.1 right now. What are the pros/cons?

If you're buying the put you're selling the shares at 5.00 if below 5 at expiration.

My bad... I knew that. I just edited my original post so as to not confuse. I thought he was selling them... but he clearly said "buy" up above. Skimmed through it too fast...
Post removed:
by user
ClutchCityAg
I wandered over the GME to explore a cheap weekly lotto... there was no such thing
Let it ride
AgEE10
AG
Monday, no worries.

Edit: It's not monday
MROD92
SNSS moving a little
Jet Black
CastleRock said:

Decay said:

ROKU and FUBO appear to be evil twins

FUBO is absolutely destroying my 2021.

Pick up some XL. You think you hate it now, wait til you own it.
FJ43
$GILD sheesh....you keep going all you wan to.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

fightintxag13
AG
FJ43 said:

I was already net free on the March calls. I just sold half of my net free calls. WOW!
ClutchCityAg
FJ43 said:

In my notes I have 69.50 as OA's next level for max profits, you?
Let it ride
CheladaAg
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

I wandered over the GME to explore a cheap weekly lotto... there was no such thing
Citron going to put on a hit piece tomorrow on GME so it may be a high odds lotto.
BrokeAssAggie
ClutchCityAg said:

FJ43 said:

I am in the 3/19 $70 and just went net free.
FJ43
ClutchCityAg said:

FJ43 said:

I have a line set at $69.20 with an alert set at $68 from here. I will sell into that and not hold any.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

McKinney Ag69
AG
FJ43

FJ43
Challenger 17 said:

Ha! You win....

FJ43
$EEM - I have bene tracking this one against SPY and it is almost a mirror image. So IMO if SPY holds this will hold and if it pushes this will continue to mirror it.

ClutchCityAg
CrazyRichAggie said:

ClutchCityAg said:

FJ43 said:

I am in the 3/19 $70 and just went net free.
Let it ride
BrokeAssAggie
Based off OA note would jumping into GILD 3/19 $80 a good trade? currently $.50
I bleed maroon
AG
wmitchell said:

AgEE10 said:

KT 90 said:

wmitchell said:

Thanks - not sure why puts are so confusing to me but they are!
It doesn't sound like you're ready to trade, which is fine.

I'd recommend paper trading with fake money (several brokers offer this capability) for a while, to get a feel for the rapid movement, decay, bid/ask spreads, and thinly traded nature of options vs. stock. Test your trading tools, such as limits and stops to get a feel for price behavior. It's riskier, and can be a whole different ballgame, if you're not prepared.
Ted Lasso
AG
MGNI rocket!
FJ43
CrazyRichAggie said:

Based off OA note would jumping into GILD 3/19 $80 a good trade? currently $.50
I'd wait for any pullback as the premium is probably still juiced from the run up. If it behaves like previously it will have some retracement intraday and those premiums will be a better entry IMO.

oldarmy1
AG
Challenger 17 said:

With markets continuing to retest that $377 I took a covered call $70 Feb 19 on 50% of GILD shares, sold 100% of the Jan 22 calls and 25% of all Feb calls on that last push. If markets lose $377 GILD will have some Model T likely, but if markets hold and rally it could blow up even more. This is the risk/reward disciplines.
chubbs07
AG
In between meetings, so I am not sure what is going on, but anyone care to take a look at SSFT? I mentioned it a long time ago as a potential for goal post action , after seeing Farris BABA talk about it on Twitter & the volume. Seems to have come out of the whole pretty aggressively.

Maximus_Meridius
AG
MGNI should test the $33 top today. After that...we're out of data on the left side of the chart...
McKinney Ag69
AG
fightintxag13
AG
Seems the premiums are decreasing on WWR a bit. All of my CC's are dropping today even with a slightly up day.
wmitchell
AG
ha i do paper trading and then when i limp into options it is usually 1 contract here and there to learn it (how i learned calls after starting with covered calls).

I am not buying/selling puts yet. trying to understand it and trading it with paper money but my mind gets twisted with puts. My account can only sell cash covered puts anyways right now
oldarmy1
AG
I had closed my BIGC Feb 19 naked puts from $10.40 on decay to under $5. Now I'm looking at April 16 to come back in above $10.
CPDAggie10
AG
$WWR Volume
HoustonAg2014
AG
Probably just me being hopeful but wanted to ask as I work on my charting... Is Fubo looking like a cup and handle?
AgEng06
AG
MVIS - I was in the mountains w/ no cell service last week, so I'm about 3k posts behind on this thread. I intend to catch up, but can anyone give me insight on MVIS from the last week. I would like more shares, but my current sold Feb $5.50 puts look like they may expire worthless. If I was going to sell more puts, is there a recommended strike price and time frame?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Rice and Fries
PLTR on the run
FJ43
CPDAggie10 said:

$WWR Volume
So much for my greedy fil orders at $4.97 that didn't fill. I did manage to sell Feb $5 puts at the bottom though.

AgEng06
AG
Also, since it was mentioned that Brandon reads this thread....

Can we get some kind of search/button to filter posts by ticker? That would be fantastic and would help with questions like mine above.
First Page Last Page
Page 2818 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.