Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,025,146 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by ProgN
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Based on a little googling, this looks like a standard pump and dump stock.
Might be. .0007 to .0009 or .0017? This forum's people know to sell the pump and be net free, so you end up with no loss. Paramount on these all the way through small caps.

It's not for me personally, as stated. Susan might toss $700-800 for a million shares and be laughing at me a year from now - I don't care. I'll just steal it from her....
oldarmy1
TriumphForks
AG
Wrong board....
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I am so buying a million shares of this on Tuesday
Spaceship
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Based on a little googling, this looks like a standard pump and dump stock.

As someone who has made (and lost) a lot of money on penny stocks in 2020, this has all the telltale signs of a pump and dump. I do appreciate OA's rumor, but I'd only buy this on a buy limit on a flash down to a support level, and wouldn't chase at the current price.
Aggie118
AG
@oldarmy01 just curious, have you had a chance to look at CTRM anymore? Interested to hear your thoughts. Thanks!
docaggie
AG
Ok, so I saw this on Reddit - on /wallstreetbets of all places, where I read and mostly shake my head, but this has actual due diligence behind it, so much so that it really belonged on a different forum - and will admit it was the first time I'd heard of HSR filings and early termination (so if this actually means something else, let me know).

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/kym23z/pltr_folks_listen_in_karp_and_cohen_to_make_188m/

(Sharing this at risk of being told I'm a frickin' idiot for thinking this sounds plausible.)

I did go to the linked FTC pages and they are indeed for Cohen and Karp related to PLTR, so the filings are real and from just a couple of days ago.

I already had a few calls and have shares that I intend on holding for a long while. I may look for a small amount of calls to add just to see. If it starts to move up I might sell puts to either get cheaper shares or just harvest premium.

Ok, feel free to laugh at me and bash away.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Brewmaster
AG
docaggie said:

Ok, so I saw this on Reddit - on /wallstreetbets of all places, where I read and mostly shake my head, but this has actual due diligence behind it, so much so that it really belonged on a different forum - and will admit it was the first time I'd heard of HSR filings and early termination (so if this actually means something else, let me know).

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/kym23z/pltr_folks_listen_in_karp_and_cohen_to_make_188m/

(Sharing this at risk of being told I'm a frickin' idiot for thinking this sounds plausible.)

I did go to the linked FTC pages and they are indeed for Cohen and Karp related to PLTR, so the filings are real and from just a couple of days ago.

I already had a few calls and have shares that I intend on holding for a long while. I may look for a small amount of calls to add just to see. If it starts to move up I might sell puts to either get cheaper shares or just harvest premium.

Ok, feel free to laugh at me and bash away.

good, bc I'm bag holding my calls still!

I'd be good with this -- (one of the replies):

Cohen = Cohen

$PLTR = $GME

FishrCoAg
AG
59 South said:

Some anecdotal data for everyone on the expiring $WWR $5 options:

I had sold 60 puts. 8 (13%) were assigned and the rest expired worthless. I'll take it.

So now I have 800 more shares. Overall cost basis down to $4.44.

Curious on how all the others turned out (both sold calls and puts). My explanation from Fidelity is that they automatically execute options if they close in the money, and if not (at strike or out of the money) then the holder at expiration gets to decide.

The ones I sold did not get exercised. Sold more just before close on Friday.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I bought back WWR for $0.05 with intention. See attached flash down below daily support. WWR is in a daily squeeze and volume has been building. I explicitly bought back, giving up the nickel, in order to sell the March $5P for max premium knowing there are good odds this could open up and hit the top of the darvas box (and not have too many sold puts out there with February $5P also still pending).

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I apologize for showing this with ATR bands, but I am thinking about how previous resistance will be current support. There is big resistance around ES 3730. I am yet another voice saying the same thing on downward pressure to 3690 - 3600.

We reverted to the daily mean, which is always good to do, and so the question is what do we do from here?

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$VXX may be one way to play. Note volume and 8 EMA curling up towards 21 EMA. It closed above the high of the low bar. and right on the 21 EMA RSI is < 0 as well.

I think selling puts is probably a really easy way to play this. It is unlikely there is much downside from here.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Before you chaps give into bear fantasy, remember something is always in a bull market.

Two to watch: $ATO and $FICO. Relative strength, evidence of reversals. FICO not confirmed yet, but it rejected its daily 89 the way you want to see - like a syringe.

I need to price options, but selling 465P or 465/455P in FICO is probably easy money provided we don't experience a 10% correction. ATO, I would buy shares from 90, ride to 95, and then I would sell 100C against it. Remember ATO pays a decent dividend and it's P/E is OK. Cut at $88.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
don't sleep on $CSCO.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Like a thief in the night, $NVDA will one day break out of this box and go to the moon. Volume is meh. This should be on everyone's watch list.

Ragoo
AG
Thoughts on AMZN?

I feel like we are getting close to being able to sell a put spread for some premium with little downside risk.
Ragoo
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Like a thief in the night, $NVDA will one day break out of this box and go to the moon. Volume is meh. This should be on everyone's watch list.

if this gets back to $500 the 500/550 call vertical will be very enticing.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I agree with you.

• On the weekly mean, which it hasn't dipped below since God knows when
  • At -1 ATR on the daily, which it normally comes back from.
  • This is totally oversold on the daily
  • I think a pretty safe trade once it clears 3150

What gives me pause:

• It closed below the daily 89, but it normally recovers when it does

Bob Knights Paper Hands
I would like to emphasize this part:

Quote:

It's important going in to desire any assigned shares as part of your mass accumulation plan.

I believe it was Warren Buffett that called using naked puts as a revenue stream "picking up pennies in from of a steamroller." If you don't have the funds to potentially buy the shares or don't want to buy the shares, don't sell the naked puts.

I have been relatively cautious over the last 10+ years but MGNI was the first stock I sold naked puts on.
I bleed maroon
AG

I'd sure wait till the news on a potential major recall settles out on either NVDA or TSLA:

https://www.motortrend.com/news/tesla-model-x-s-nhtsa-screen-recall/?wc_mid=4035:20637&wc_rid=4035:42894&_wcsid=648F7234E5335F0AD82FBC8330A2A72F905D701AFF1A9184

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/tesla-model-s-model-x-touchscreen-recall/

Unless you're short.

If you're long, at least you might want to wait to seek a better entry point.

Just a thought.
Ragoo
AG
Are your lines just keltner channels on different timeframe EMAs?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
all 21s, but it's mean, 1ATR, 2ATR, 3ATR
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
that news, whatever it is, is already priced in.
I bleed maroon
AG
Of course, but it's just now hitting the national news services (who have been known to hype things a bit), which may make retail investors more nervous.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I bleed maroon said:

Of course, but it's just now hitting the national news services (who have been known to hype things a bit), which may make retail investors more nervous.
perhaps they see it as an opportunity to buy the dip. we'll see what happens next week.
I bleed maroon
AG

I bleed maroon said:

perhaps they see it as an opportunity to buy the dip. we'll see what happens next week.
Yep. I wasn't questioning your analysis, by the way, just sharing news that others might not have seen (I didn't see it till this morning), and didn't know the root cause was NVIDIA.

Elon hasn't done himself too many favors with the media, and in my lifetime I've seen Audi essentially locked out of the US market for a decade over an overblown and perhaps false safety issue (unintended acceleration). You never know what the media might latch onto.
Madmarttigan
AG
I think I went stupid with NVDA calls if market sucks next week, we shall see
Formerly tv1113
Mostly Foggy Recollection

Sold 490 puts in the 550s. Either way, I like the outcome. Long term here.
CavitationAG
AG
Anyone had their eye on the SPAC $GSAH? I have not looked into it but saw Redler tweet a response to a thread talking about the volume of buys on 1/8 and 1/12. I don't think he added anything of real value other than saying he saw the volume spikes.

These were some recent rumors posted last week when I did a search.

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/moneylion-spac-merger-9-things-to-know-about-gsah-stock-and-the-fintech-amid-the-rumors

Anyone see anything to this?
trip98
AG
Tda does it for you but I also keep a spreadsheet of all stocks options taxes etc
On tda put cursor on my account then click cost basis and then once there click unrealized gains tab
McInnis 03
AG

Wake me up when 550 breaks
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
LarryL

I need to price options, but selling 465P or 465/455P in FICO is probably easy money provided we don't experience a 10% correction. ATO, I would buy shares from 90, ride to 95, and then I would sell 100C against it. Remember ATO pays a decent dividend and it's P/E is OK. Cut at $88.

Which timeframe for the FICO puts are you looking at?
oldarmy1
AG
Glad I selected GILD and not PFE. Oh and my stance on no vaccination for me stands...

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
trip98 said:

Tda does it for you but I also keep a spreadsheet of all stocks options taxes etc
On tda put cursor on my account then click cost basis and then once there click unrealized gains tab

Does it move your average down every time you sell calls against your shares? I don't think mine does. Actually my td accounts show basis as strike price when i enter via assigned puts (not strike minus premium received). My fidelity acct shows my basis as strike minus premium
Ragoo
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Glad I selected GILD and not PFE. Oh and my stance on no vaccination for me stands...

it is almost like no matter how hard you try old people just die.
First Page Last Page
Page 2810 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.