Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,025,182 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by ProgN
McKinney Ag69
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
E said:

Who peed in SNDLs Cheerios?
BPCAg05
AG
Sold my PLTR 2/5 30c this morning for $2.10 but I just noticed the pricing is back down to $1.20s. Is it worth getting back in at these prices?
bigtoneag
AG
I hope it's ARK...I missed taking some profit on the flash up this morning.
Brewmaster
AG
am I doing this right? XL stuck in a boxed range, these are 1 hour candles. I'm selling puts on it, but a semi nervous bag holder at present. 20 looks like a solid floor and 22.60 roughly is the lid on it. Obviously if the markets pull back early next week, we find out how good 20 support is.

oldarmy1
AG
I'd sell my children to get assigned XL at $17.50 with a $5.40 premium earned. $12.10 assigned. Fill me up!
AgEE10
FishrCoAg
AG
I sold 1/15 WWR $5.00 puts, is there any chance I get assigned? Kinda hoping so.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
CLOV up 6% after hours
McInnis 03
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

CLOV up 6% after hours

Chamath bought 10MM shares.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
BREwmaster said:

am I doing this right? XL stuck in a boxed range, these are 1 hour candles. I'm selling puts on it, but a semi nervous bag holder at present. 20 looks like a solid floor and 22.60 roughly is the lid on it. Obviously if the markets pull back early next week, we find out how good 20 support is.

I love this chart. Barring a massive macro dump, she's primed.

Great sector for 2021 and the next few years.

I had avoided this play until late today and I bought a 1000 shares.
Touchless
AG
I missed out on AMC, but look at that goalpost.

McInnis 03
AG
Infrastructure
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Spaceship
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

CLOV up 6% after hours

Chamath bought 10MM shares.

Not just that, the sponsorship group bought 41MM shares.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I wonder what this is going to do next week

Brewmaster
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I'd sell my children to get assigned XL at $17.50 with a $5.40 premium earned. $12.10 assigned. Fill me up!
wow, yeah that is a no brainer. You can't have my shares! I'm selling 22.50P's against shares in an IRA, just needs to rocket in the next 4 weeks and I'm gravy.
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I wonder what this is going to do next week

I think if the markets hold...

Brewmaster
AG
cptthunder
I think this was asked before but what does the crowd around here do with premium when they are selling puts our covered calls? Looking back I'm about 50:50 on either purchasing more shares or putting it to work somewhere else
Bird Poo
AG
third coast.. said:

Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

cgh1999 said:

gougler08 said:

TELL going nuts

Just came to post this. Have about 10,000 shares net free. This isn't an unwelcome move.
Reuters) - The co-founder of U.S. LNG developer Tellurian said Thursday that the company is targeting this summer to begin construction of its $16.8 billion Driftwood LNG export project in Louisiana as demand for the super-cooled fuel surges worldwide.
"I hope that we will be in construction this summer," said Charif Souki, co-founder and executive chairman of Tellurian. "There is a strong need for additional liquefaction capacity and we're probably the project that is the closest to starting construction."

Demand for liquefied natural gas has soared in recent years as countries like China and India shift power generation away from dirtier coal-fired plants. In recent weeks, both prices for the fuel and shipping fees have soared due to cold weather in Asia and bottlenecked shipments at the Panama Canal.
"The level of (customer) interest has increased pretty dramatically over the past month," Souki said.
Over the past two years, numerous projects slated for groundbreaking in North America, including Driftwood, were delayed because customers were unwilling to sign long-term deals needed to finance the projects as natural gas prices slumped.
Coronavirus demand destruction caused gas prices in Europe and Asia to plunge to record lows below $2 per million British thermal units (mmBtu), while U.S. gas prices fell to their lowest in 24 years last year.
"The system is stressed," Souki said, adding that global LNG demand is on track to increase by around 200 million tonnes over the next seven years. In 2020, global LNG demand hit a record high of 360 million tonnes.
The first phase of Driftwood is slated for operation in 2025, and will produce about 16.5 million tonnes per annum of LNG, equivalent to about 2.2 billion cubic feet per day of natural gas. One billion cubic feet of gas is enough to supply about five million homes for a day.

Wow. This is great. I posted a while back that the LNG boom was most likely going to be driving a career change for me and I got an out of the blue email the other day relating to that career change and this announcement REALLY puts it in to perspective.

I also mentioned that there are tentative plans for more than this one facility to be opened up on the river here as well.

I think the big man upstairs is trying to tell you something.
Post removed:
by user
FJ43
CastleRock said:

CastleRock said:

Like a money banging on typewriter keys. Watched the Model T/Fib video linked on Page 1. Am I doing it right?

Seems too easy to identify a high and low point and then say, it's gonna definitely gonna go back up and won't fall below 50%. Surely that can't hold for even a majority of stocks across any time period.

Model T gurus, school me
Meant to lend a hand earlier but forgot to come back to this. What can we help with on it?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

LAC up 17% AH. My 2/19 22.50s gonna pay on Tuesday.
Post removed:
by user
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
My understanding is it's big moves. Nasty selloff or epic run (even on multi day timeframes), morning gap, it always reverts to 50% before picking a direction
FJ43
CastleRock said:

Very basic question. How to identify?

Surely i can't just pick any chart and assume Model T will hold? I drew one on the chart above. I can't tell if it's blurry, but it's right at 50% right now.

I just picked a 10d chart and tried to identify the 50%.
I'm not at my PC but on an iPad and found 2 clear examples that will help. Look at page 2777. Wanderer posted one and I posed one. His is from a rise to back down so you can see where it may hold.

Mine is the opposite. Example would be a drop at open where open is the high, finds a low with clear reversal then draw a sideways T and you'll see the half way mark. You can trade it from bottom reversal back to midline. At that point it will either bounce back down, hold sideways or have continuation back up.

Same works as n reverse. Quick rise to reversal down and find midpoint.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43
CastleRock said:

Very basic question. How to identify?

Surely i can't just pick any chart and assume Model T will hold? I drew one on the chart above. I can't tell if it's blurry, but it's right at 50% right now.

I just picked a 10d chart and tried to identify the 50%.
Also it can apply on any time frame. Intraday, few day period, week, month, etc. Model Ts happen all the time and are very common. I think easiest setup to identify. Many times you can see them multiple times on any given chart over a period of a week or so.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Ah, dammit!
Red Rover
AG
Not always. The number I've heard is in the 75% to 80% ballpark of hitting at least that 50% retracement after a big run or drop. I don't have any statistics to back that up, that's just the number I remember hearing. The bottom line is you can see that downtrend or uptrend after a big run or drop and realize that it doesn't mean this is a new trend. It's likely just the retracement, which could mean a buying or bag selling opportunity.
Did you sell early?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
The T is the 50% retracement. Draw a sideways T on the chart, isn't that on the first post?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I mentioned it to another poster earlier today and meant to load back up but didn't get around to it! Did you know the ROD was on deck?
It was a speculative play for me based on chatter. Know? No. Feeling? Yes.
First Page Last Page
Page 2808 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.