Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,026,643 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by ProgN
SoTXAg09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A good rule of thumb, and it's not perfect, but I try not to buy options or stock for more than a day trade if it's extended above its 8EMA. More often than not, it's going to pull back. Others with more experience can chime in.
Boat Shoes
AG
cgh1999 said:

gougler08 said:

TELL going nuts

Just came to post this. Have about 10,000 shares net free. This isn't an unwelcome move.

How far do we think it can run? LNG to Asia is going bonkers right now. Does TELL have the right exposure.

"Front-month February Northeast Asian LNG prices shot past $30.00/MMBtu overnight, the highest in at least a decade.. It is a whopping 1,538.5% higher than front-month June over April 23-29 at $1.85/MMBtu, which was the lowest ever recorded.."
0708aggie
AG
I hate OPEX days. Slow bleed in power hour.
oldarmy1
AG
Unless bulls get their act together we are going to close under the 8DMA with a Hammer candle. That leave a broken technical two ways - one up and one down so literally flying blind into Tuesday.

On POSH - true that historically IPO's opening here and selling off will have a bounce Monday but my wife has set the buy price at $60 and I'm going to be all over that if it happens.
FJ43
CastleRock said:

Sorry for this question that's been asked dozens of times. Probably more than once by me.

What are the 2-3 preferred platforms? Thinkorswim? Fidelity?
The main ones I think people are using no order:

Thinkorswim (Part of TDA)
Fidelity
IBKR (Interactive Brokers)

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

ClutchCityAg
Challenger 17 said:

2.89 for the stock price or for the call premium?
Let it ride
0708aggie
AG
Quick recovery there off 376. Hope to see continuation.
oldarmy1
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

Challenger 17 said:

2.89 for the stock price or for the call premium?
Kinda funny that they would likely be around the same.

But I was talking about the last top high on the stock
0708aggie
AG
Damn. Almost bought the 1/15 377 lottos at .30, moved real quick to .50
Spaceship
AG
NIO down 8% today...a good dip to buy?
LarryL
oldarmy1 said:

Unless bulls get their act together we are going to close under the 8DMA with a Hammer candle. That leave a broken technical two ways - one up and one down so literally flying blind into Tuesday.

On POSH - true that historically IPO's opening here and selling off will have a bounce Monday but my wife has set the buy price at $60 and I'm going to be all over that if it happens.
Speaking of the bulls not getting their act together, if they don't, when would be a good time to buy Puts on the QQQ/SPY as a hedge? At what levels?
Engine10
AG
Entered XOM put lottos on Whistleblower news from WSJ, allegedly overvalued their acreage. Key thing here is that investigation will likely come from a Biden appointee, if there's any smoke here they're gonna hammer em.

Quote:

The Securities and Exchange Commission launched an investigation of Exxon Mobil Corp after an employee filed a whistleblower complaint last fall alleging that the XOM -4.42% energy giant overvalued one of its most important oil and gas properties, according to people familiar with the matter.

Several people involved in valuing a key asset in the Permian Basin, currently the highest-producing U.S. oil field, complained during an internal assessment in 2019 that employees were being forced to use unrealistic assumptions about how quickly the company could drill wells there to arrive at a higher value, according to a copy of the complaint, which was reviewed by The Wall Street Journal.

At least one of the employees who complained was fired last year, according to a person familiar with the matter. The Journal previously reported that there had been internal disagreements over the valuation.

MaroonDynasty
$CLSK will probably fill the gap at $27.50 next week.
tsuag10
AG
If I'm still in the PLTR 2/5 $30 calls, should I get out now or hold steady until next week?
gougler08
AG
WWR closing here in the $4.90s would be a great win for us
gougler08
AG
RDSA and XOM both look to be closing above the 8 EMA to stay bullish on big oil
htown12
WWR VOLUME
AgEE10
AG
oof
fightintxag13
AG
Holy WWR Batman!
mrad85
AG
gougler08 said:

Out of curiosity, what did you see that signaled it would close under $5 on 1/15 when you bought them? What was the primary thought? I could see mid 5's, but sub 5 no
gougler08
AG
gougler08 said:

Or not
FJ43
gougler08 said:

Whoops....
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Still an unfilled gap at 54.61 on NIO.
oldarmy1
AG
WWR candles
McInnis 03
AG
China tightens restrictions on rare earth mining, hence WWR MOON SHOT
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
cgh1999
AG
Boat Shoes said:

cgh1999 said:

gougler08 said:

TELL going nuts

Just came to post this. Have about 10,000 shares net free. This isn't an unwelcome move.

How far do we think it can run? LNG to Asia is going bonkers right now. Does TELL have the right exposure.

"Front-month February Northeast Asian LNG prices shot past $30.00/MMBtu overnight, the highest in at least a decade.. It is a whopping 1,538.5% higher than front-month June over April 23-29 at $1.85/MMBtu, which was the lowest ever recorded.."

A year ago the stock was $9, then the bottom dropped out of the LNG market. If the market stays stable and they sign long term contracts that allow them to break ground that's my minimum expectation. Management is targeting ground breaking this summer. Could be a nice run. But I'd go net free as fast as you can to avoid another rug pull before we get to that point.
ClutchCityAg
htown12 said:

WWR VOLUME
Some just said f*** your $5 covered calls lol
Let it ride
gougler08
AG
mrad85 said:

gougler08 said:

Out of curiosity, what did you see that signaled it would close under $5 on 1/15 when you bought them? What was the primary thought? I could see mid 5's, but sub 5 no

Well the strikes were only 2.5/5/7.5 and so I sold puts at $5 to either lower my cost base via premium gain (if it broke out of the consolidation and ran) or to gain more shares for accumulation if it broke down. Win/win to me and if we do end up above $5 today I'm going to do it again for February
ClutchCityAg
Does VALE do rare-earth as well?
Let it ride
mrad85
AG
Thanks!
McInnis 03
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

I think so, so maybe the headline means nothing.....
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
backintexas2013
AG
ONTX with a late run.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
ClutchCityAg said:

Yes.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I shared last year.
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 2806 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.