Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,997,009 Views | 231592 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by spud1910
CPDAggie10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

Running with the Bulls said:

More $MBIO volume. It's at $4.78
Very nice. 200K volume

Are they coming for my $5 calls tomorrow?
Esteban du Plantier
AG
PDUB98 said:

First off - thanks to **all** on this thread - I have had a blast learning over the past year and have made some money along the way (and lost some to....)

Starting to try and write covered calls. This may be more of a mechanics question on etrade, but I have not been able to find the answer and thought someone here may know.

Lets say I own 1000 MVIS, and want to write covered calls (etrade). My options are

(1) "covered call" - but it forces me to buy 100 shares to sell 1 option so I have ignored this mechanic as i can't figure out how to tell it I already own the shares
(2) "calls - sell to open" - so I have done this for 2 options (2/19 $10) @ ~$0.5. So I got the $100 in my account already.

My question is if MVIS does hit >$10 by 2/19 I will get called out on my calls - will my underlying shares automatically get assigned or will I end up having to buy more shares to cover? Should I have sold covered calls or will writing calls work? If this is too etrade specific I can contact them and ask.

If you have the shares, they'll get called away. You don't need to link your shares with the sold option. They essentially link those together the moment you place the order, you couldn't sell the shares if you wanted, unless you're approved for naked call writing and have significant margin.

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
aggies4life said:

Been out of alpp since below $1. What's a good entry now?

I honestly don't know. My feeling on it is IF it can sustain between 2.30 (which I'm hoping is the new suport) and $3.00 until uplisting in late Feb then it can potentially blow up after uplisting. UAVS is trading at over 200Xs revenue while ALPP is trading at just 15Xs. And ALPP has much higher revenues and is more diverse in what they do. I had sold much of my ALPP position between $3 and $4.50 but I still have a little left I'm holding long term just to see what happens after the uplisting. If it follows the UAVS trend then it should see a pretty decent spike in the spring. But who knows...the market is highly irrational.
jwhitlock3
Threw in for 100 shares just to keep it on my watchlist, then was shocked when I went net free, now I'm staring at it wondering why I didn't put in more and I've only got 50 shares. It's a "planted" holding, but at what point do you guys sell shares in things like this? Is there an exit point for net free?
irish pete ag06
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Any of you in on $UAVS?

Geez what a move.

Hoping $ALPP can follow this trend once it uplists.
Same on $ALPP!
TChaney
PDUB98 said:

First off - thanks to **all** on this thread - I have had a blast learning over the past year and have made some money along the way (and lost some to....)

Starting to try and write covered calls. This may be more of a mechanics question on etrade, but I have not been able to find the answer and thought someone here may know.

Lets say I own 1000 MVIS, and want to write covered calls (etrade). My options are

(1) "covered call" - but it forces me to buy 100 shares to sell 1 option so I have ignored this mechanic as i can't figure out how to tell it I already own the shares
(2) "calls - sell to open" - so I have done this for 2 options (2/19 $10) @ ~$0.5. So I got the $100 in my account already.

My question is if MVIS does hit >$10 by 2/19 I will get called out on my calls - will my underlying shares automatically get assigned or will I end up having to buy more shares to cover? Should I have sold covered calls or will writing calls work? If this is too etrade specific I can contact them and ask.

Depending on your level of options enabled.

If you had 1000 shares and you sold 2 covered calls
200 shares are already held in reserve to cover those calls.
You still have 800 shares to sell outright or you can write up to 8 more calls.

To confirm your settings are like this you can try to sell an option in which you do not have any shares.
You should get a warning in the preview screen that you cannot make this trade.
(alternately you can try to sell your 1000 shares and the preview screen should say you do not have enough shares available to make this trade)

If the calls you wrote are in the money the shares will get called out overnight unless you buy back the option prior to expiration.

fightintxag13
AG
59 South said:

Ranger222 said:

New name on the radar -- $OZON

eCommerce of Russia
Recently added this to my watch list. This guy knows his investing too...

I bought this at $47.25 and sold a Feb $60 CC on it for $2.25 to get my cost basis down to $45. 33% max gain in 5 weeks might have been a limitation.

Great recommendation Ranger!
wanderer
BB partying like it's 2007
FJ43
krosch11 said:

$POWW
Entry at 6.50 . Long hold here . Decent premiums to work with .
Saw your tweet. Picked this one up at $6.60 on M-T reversal. Caught the rise here then sold Feb $10c.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

CavitationAG
AG
For the WWR discussion... I did some light reading/research last night just to see what the interwebs would say their peers were in the industry. The biggest thing I saw when looking into those companies was that they are almost all focused on uranium mining which could see a rise in demand if China and others start adding nuclear power plants significantly to get away from carbon based electricity generation. It seems like that will all come much slower than EV and battery production. WWR seems better positioned for that with their graphite mine acquisition and also having unloaded some uranium assets in the not too distant past.

I'm by no means an analyst but thought the information was at least interesting.
McInnis 03
AG
Fubo weeklies for tomorrow seeing 100k sweeps. 36 mostly
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
spud1910
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Fubo weeklies for tomorrow seeing 100k sweeps. 36 mostly
Hope they know something. I have a runner left for my Feb. call.
Ags2013
AG
Not sure. Just keeping an eye on it for now.
BrokeAssAggie
CPDAggie10 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

Running with the Bulls said:

More $MBIO volume. It's at $4.78
Very nice. 200K volume

Are they coming for my $5 calls tomorrow?

rtpAggie
$BB at $9
jbeck3487
AG
JMIA all time chart is a giant cup.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
CavitationAG said:

For the WWR discussion... I did some light reading/research last night just to see what the interwebs would say their peers were in the industry. The biggest thing I saw when looking into those companies was that they are almost all focused on uranium mining which could see a rise in demand if China and others start adding nuclear power plants significantly to get away from carbon based electricity generation. It seems like that will all come much slower than EV and battery production. WWR seems better positioned for that with their graphite mine acquisition and also having unloaded some uranium assets in the not too distant past.

I'm by no means an analyst but thought the information was at least interesting.
if the do have the capability of purifying the graphite and they have the US market, then they are going to be a gold mine of a stock.
backintexas2013
AG
You could have got $8.50c at $.02. Now $.60. Talk about yolo play.
austinAG90
AG
have the $7 at .46
ClutchCityAg
with SPXS calls being much more expensive now, what are yall using to hedge?
Let it ride
fightintxag13
AG
Would you still consider LI a cup play or is it turning into an inverse head & shoulders? Either way, still looks bullish IMO.
FJ43
$MBIO - They are coming for your Jan 5c. Its at $4.81 now. Decisions decisions.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

BrokeAssAggie
FJ43 said:

Did it just get halted? Not moving for me.
jeromePOWell
AG
SIRI - Jan 2022 $7 calls are .45 right now, that's a long time, join me fellas
FJ43
CrazyRichAggie said:

FJ43 said:

I'm seeing T&S moving.

BrokeAssAggie
FJ43 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

FJ43 said:

I'm seeing T&S moving.
There it goes. Probably my computer
0708aggie
AG
oof that was a huge miss for me. $13k of profits selling BB early.
wanderer
FJ43 said:

I'm not too worried yet. Mine were sold at $.25, so still able to buy back if needed for less.
oldarmy1
AG
CavitationAG said:

All correct and confirmed
leoj
AG
0708aggie said:

Haven't been following them, what developments came out in December and now to move the stock that much?
Brewmaster
AG
FJ43 said:

I'm diamond handing these 5C cc's, ain't skeered! worst case I get called out and buy the shares back on a pullback under $5.
McInnis 03
AG
FUBO VOLUME
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
gigemJTH12
AG
leoj said:

0708aggie said:

Haven't been following them, what developments came out in December and now to move the stock that much?
today was because they sold 90 patents of smartphone tech to a Telecommunications equipment company, I think.

but, and correct me if I am wrong, Ranger was long in this as his favorite stock for 2021 for a completely different reason(electric cars).

really curious on his thoughts and if he is even higher on this now.
AgEE10
AG
Red to Green too
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BREwmaster said:

FJ43 said:

I'm diamond handing these 5C cc's, ain't skeered! worst case I get called out and buy the shares back on a pullback under $5.
I have cc's on half my shares, and remember, most of us sold these for $0.20 or so. I'll see what it is at 2:55 tomorrow before I act. I'll buy back the calls as long as they're relatively cheap, and then I'll sell the 7.5s
First Page Last Page
Page 2792 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.