Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,998,775 Views | 231600 Replies | Last: 23 min ago by EliteZags
TxAggie-12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
looks like some resistance here. I just hopped out to lock in the gains from the quick move up. Good find
AgEE10
AG
FJ43 said:

I know there are a few that are using or testing Dan's system. Do you show $EEM to have room to about $56.21 right now on the daily?
I see 55.60 on the daily (top of BB) and 55.90 on the hourly (100% RC)? Maybe I'm missing one of the studies?
McInnis 03
AG
TxAggie-12 said:

looks like some resistance here. I just hopped out to lock in the gains from the quick move up. Good find
I sold tomorrow's 22.5 and 25 calls to "ditch" the holding while geting a bit of a premium pop too.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Brewmaster
AG
59 South said:

I'm over here getting greedy trying to sell another 50 $WWR 5 puts for tomorrow at .20. 1 fill so far for a cool $20. That'll buy my kids a pizza tomorrow night and maybe a few wings.
haha, love it. I just bought mine back and selling the Feb 5P now.
PDUB98
AG
First off - thanks to **all** on this thread - I have had a blast learning over the past year and have made some money along the way (and lost some to....)

Starting to try and write covered calls. This may be more of a mechanics question on etrade, but I have not been able to find the answer and thought someone here may know.

Lets say I own 1000 MVIS, and want to write covered calls (etrade). My options are

(1) "covered call" - but it forces me to buy 100 shares to sell 1 option so I have ignored this mechanic as i can't figure out how to tell it I already own the shares
(2) "calls - sell to open" - so I have done this for 2 options (2/19 $10) @ ~$0.5. So I got the $100 in my account already.

My question is if MVIS does hit >$10 by 2/19 I will get called out on my calls - will my underlying shares automatically get assigned or will I end up having to buy more shares to cover? Should I have sold covered calls or will writing calls work? If this is too etrade specific I can contact them and ask.

TxAggie-12
AG
didn't even think to do that, but not going to complain with the quick scalp. Did you play JAGX? 2 circuit breakers down and 1 to the upside
McInnis 03
AG
No, JAGX was insanity
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Colt98
AG
Question on a little problem I have with MGNI
I own 1200 shares avg around avg under 7, started buying in the $3's. Any how. I never sold to go net free I have been selling CC at levels that if I would get called out that would Plant me. I sold 3c of Jan 15 17.50 a few weeks ago when it was in the 15's. Well now those are in the $12 range. I also have 3 Feb 25 c sold. Should I just roll the 17.50's out to next month? or just let them get called out at 17.5?? At this far out I fell like I'm just prolonging the inevitable. I've already rolled these 2 times since Nov I believe. Or should I just take the money and move on with the Net free shares left.
59 South
AG
BREwmaster said:

59 South said:

I'm over here getting greedy trying to sell another 50 $WWR 5 puts for tomorrow at .20. 1 fill so far for a cool $20. That'll buy my kids a pizza tomorrow night and maybe a few wings.
haha, love it. I just bought mine back and selling the Feb 5P now.
If anybody else wants to buy them back for .20, I'll take on the risk!

5 6 filled so far.. that's $100 120!
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
FJ43
$GILD above $63
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
AgEE10 said:

FJ43 said:

I know there are a few that are using or testing Dan's system. Do you show $EEM to have room to about $56.21 right now on the daily?
I see 55.60 on the daily (top of BB) and 55.90 on the hourly (100% RC)? Maybe I'm missing one of the studies?
Thanks. I will have to keep playing with it. Was looking at the 3 month daily.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

ag94whoop
AG
What the heck happened to SNAP today
Running with the Bulls
59 South said:

I sold 50 yesterday for $0.20. Hoping for free money but if not, I'm in at a good price!
Mr President Elect
AG
They banned Donald
ag94whoop
AG
Mr President Elect said:

They banned Donald

True
Hopefully it recovers quickly

Literally just bought in.. ugh
McInnis 03
AG
ag94whoop said:

Mr President Elect said:

They banned Donald

True
Hopefully it recovers quickly

Literally just bought in.. ugh
Of all the social platforms, I'd think SNAP would be least affected by angry MAGA'ers. It's not really geared to that generation.

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
It looks like the SNAP leaps are getting bought up on this drop.

B&I Key:
ag94whoop
AG
McInnis 03 said:

It looks like the SNAP leaps are getting bought up on this drop.

Yeah I was thinking of doubling down on SNAP with this drop
cmk10
AG
COTY or MVIS?
spud1910
AG
AgEE10 said:

FJ43 said:

I see the same but I think on IKBR I don't have one of his studies.
Running with the Bulls
More $MBIO volume. It's at $4.78
Andy07
AG
Colt98 said:

Question on a little problem I have with MGNI
I own 1200 shares avg around avg under 7, started buying in the $3's. Any how. I never sold to go net free I have been selling CC at levels that if I would get called out that would Plant me. I sold 3c of Jan 15 17.50 a few weeks ago when it was in the 15's. Well now those are in the $12 range. I also have 3 Feb 25 c sold. Should I just roll the 17.50's out to next month? or just let them get called out at 17.5?? At this far out I fell like I'm just prolonging the inevitable. I've already rolled these 2 times since Nov I believe. Or should I just take the money and move on with the Net free shares left.
I face a similar decision. I sold the 25 1/15/21 strike. Right now I'm leaning towards just letting them be called out. I'll still have 200 or so shares to let ride.

I think MGNI is overvalued until the management team can prove they can execute, so I'd be looking to trim my position either way.
tamu2009
AG
Any of you guys in PRPL? It's been on a tear since April and I'm almost net free, thinking about adding to my position, but it being at ATHs scares me. I do think long term they are solid and I love my Purple Pillow.

Anyone else have any thoughts?
0708aggie
AG
That market is oversaturated with new players with minimal barriers to entry. I wouldn't touch it, but thats me.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
this has really been a week for me:

• Amazon short
  • Netflix short
  • Uber
  • EEM
  • AMD
  • NAKD
  • GLD short
  • FUTU
  • CIDM
BrokeAssAggie
Running with the Bulls said:

Very nice. 200K volume
FJ43

200k share buy on the 1 Min. Looking healthy..

krosch11
AG
$POWW
Entry at 6.50 . Long hold here . Decent premiums to work with .
FJ43
If you want to know how $EEM is doing just look at the SPY. Sure seems to track right with it.

wmitchell
AG
FJ43 said:

200k share buy on the 1 Min. Looking healthy..
Not looking good for my 5c tomorrow - but i guess ill take it! With all my covered calls sold on it, it would actually put me net free on the other 600 shares
Ags2013
AG
Used to work for Petco corporate (left 10 months ago) and know they have a strong long term vision for differentiation. I'm excited about the $WOOF ipo
Boat Shoes
AG
PeekingDuck said:

OA1, I sure hope you held on to that OVV. Absolutely ridiculous.

Speaking of OVV..... Kimmeridge going after them hard with this piece.

https://fixovintiv.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Ovintiv-Initial-Public-Deck.pdf

aggies4life
AG
What do you think of the price point to get in?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Any of you in on $UAVS?

Geez what a move.

Hoping $ALPP can follow this trend once it uplists.
aggies4life
AG
Been out of alpp since below $1. What's a good entry now?
First Page Last Page
Page 2791 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.