Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,027,895 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by ProgN
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FJ43 said:

Fidelity users - have a friend that has his 401k with them. I know nothing about the Fidelity platform other than what is posted here. He is looking at beginning to learn to trade and open another account.

Is the app good?

I know the IBKR and TOS apps but nothing about Fidelity. Thanks for any feedback.
Active Trader Pro is good but does take some getting used to

And agree the phone app is just average
oldarmy1
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

with that thought do you hold some shares long? would be my thoughts
Oh heck yes. I know at least one who mirrored accumulating post IPO when it was in its search for major support phase. Which one of you was that? I guarantee he is still in it.
Running with the Bulls
Thoughts on HIMX? I have a small position and it is breaking out right now. Had one large volume day a few weeks back.
FJ43
Thanks on the Fidelity responses.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Aggie118
AG
FJ43 said:

Fidelity users - have a friend that has his 401k with them. I know nothing about the Fidelity platform other than what is posted here. He is looking at beginning to learn to trade and open another account.

Is the app good?

I know the IBKR and TOS apps but nothing about Fidelity. Thanks for any feedback.

I use Fidelity to trade, and Robinhood to check on real time updates. I've found that Fidelity (at least the iphone app) is slow updating changes in price as compared to Robinhood.
Touchless
AG
Engine10 said:

I've messed up several trailing stops, stops in general are hard on options because the price can move so dang quickly on a small dip and your sell order can get hunted.

To that end, if I'm of a mind to lock in a gain on options I just sell the contracts outright to ensure I hit it. Need some time to work on the "stop" craft but this removes the doubt for me.
Yeah, I haven't really used them previously but that's also led me to ride some down to $0 when I clearly shouldn't so trying to become more disciplined. There's been a lot of talk about the market being oversold in general and I feel like there could be an overall market pull back so I'm trying to protect myself there (in addition to some spy hedges). I just didn't anticipate that big of a drop that quick after setting the stops and I'm wanting to know how I can set them up more appropriately to protect myself while also limiting the odds of that same thing happening to me again.
Fireman
AG
Ranger222 said:

Yes...added a bit more this morning at .76

I'm not in big on this either...just a fun little scalp trade. I set a stop loss at .7 and not going to watch it too closely.
Tip of the cap to you sir. I have so many funny things to add, but out of respect to rptAggie and the rest of my friends on this thread, I will "drop it."
zag213004
AG
I have to say I feel like I'm understanding the use of covered calls and cash secured puts on mass accumulation stocks. I'm working both ends of WWR and MVIS with csp (cash secured puts) just below support and covered calls on the upside. Getting premium while these churn.... And if they break out I'm in a spot where I don't mind having shares called out
aggies4life
AG
Gme. Wowwww

Exit strategy or let it rideee
oldarmy1
AG
Running with the Bulls said:

Thoughts on HIMX? I have a small position and it is breaking out right now. Had one large volume day a few weeks back.
Underpinning 10M share day and most definitely trying to breakout.
59 South
AG
gougler08 said:

FJ43 said:

Is the app good?

Active Trader Pro is good but does take some getting used to

And agree the phone app is just average
I can 3rd these responses. I use TradingView for most charting although live price action is better on ATP. App is average. I use the RH app for looking at options most of the time. I also use the StockMaster iOS app on iPhone and iPad. I'm convinced I'm not that efficient but I'm not a daily or day trader. Between a laptop + 2 monitors, 2 iPhones and an iPad, I seem to make it work. I place most trades now in ATP after getting used to it and the layouts set up ok.
oldarmy1
AG
It's like a video game
jbeck3487
AG
For anyone that missed signing up for the seminar, I will not be watching live and will give my code to someone else. Send me PM if interested.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
CastleRock said:

Mr President Elect said:

CastleRock said:

Got in on FUBO this AM at 39. That's looking like a busted trade too.

Might need to step back and watch this thread, re-evaluate.
There was a lot of speculation on where FUBO might wind up this morning, but for the most part that wasn't (at least to me) a signal to buy here and hope for the run-up, but rather where to sell the remaining FUBO calls that were discussed on Monday. They are way up. Just wait for the entry posts and don't FOMO into plays on the back-end. Just trying to help and not harping on you, I know the feeling.
Thanks, although for the options to appreciate, doesn't the underlying stock have to rise as well?

No, vega is a measurement of an option's sensitivity of price change with respect to change in volatility.

An increase in volatility will cause an increase in an options value. You could have a call option increase in value, even with the stock price reducing slightly, due to an expansion of volatility, like leading up to earnings, for example.

I'm usually selling puts and looking for stocks with historically high volatility, since volatility is generally mean reverting. I don't need the stock to go anywhere, just for time decay and the inevitable reduction of volatility to make money.
oldarmy1
AG
Someone tell the forum what Model T is on GILD
0708aggie
AG
61.79?
jbeck3487
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I got 60.37
OutlawAG04
I have fidelity as well. Not a huge fan and plan on shifting funds to IBKR
gigemJTH12
AG
thoughts on $CLOV?

Zack Morris is posting a lot about it having a breakout soon. Its at a god price to buy too.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I'm trying a little different approach on some of my pharma/bio gambles. For one that have options I'm buying otm spreads dated a couple months out that will pay pretty big on buyout/good clinical results/partnership/etc. Yesterday i grabbed june 18 mbio 5/7.5 for .5 each. Did the same for trvn mar 3/7.5 just now but those 7.5 are only a nickel so i may have been better off with just the one leg. Also considering the pharma lottos often go 5x or more the trvn june 7.5 for .2 could be a pretty good risk/reward as 5x would run those up to $4ish.
gougler08
AG
Oof, I messed up my QD options today
cptthunder
Come on WWR keep coming back down, i didnt get a fill on my last order and i want some trading shares
Also wouldnt mind some assigned 5P as well
0708aggie
AG
what time frame is the model T? I was doing 1 day.
Glitch
AG
Does anyone have an opinion on IPO $MSGM?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

thoughts on $CLOV?

Zack Morris is posting a lot about it having a breakout soon. Its at a god price to buy too.
I'm in it with shares. Have 15C expiring Friday and 17.5C expiring Friday. I will keep whatever I end Friday with and probably sell Feb 20C depending on premium.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
0708aggie said:

any time frame.
FJ43
0708aggie said:

Any time frame. 1 Day, week, month, etc. It is based off a time frames high/low points. I use them intraday and up.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

0708aggie
AG
So whats the answer to OA on GILD.
krosch11
AG
(deleted)
jbeck3487
AG
To get 60.37, I used the low of 56.56 (12/31) and the high of 64.18 (1/11).
Coachbro20
$FUBO- was looking at adding more shares for long term hold. What supports are you chart readers seeing that I can add to my position?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
gougler08 said:

Oof, I messed up my QD options today

Did you buy the $2 calls i sold?
McInnis 03
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Right at 61.80 or so give or take a nickel.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
0708aggie
AG
Right, but if we are using 1 day its 61.79. That's where I'm confused. Do we use the arbitrary longer time frame or shorter to get our model T.
First Page Last Page
Page 2776 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.