Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,036,536 Views | 231639 Replies | Last: 13 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
TheVarian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Query

What is everyone's profession?

Engineering, focus in supply chain and manufacturing

X2 here, plus procurement and contracts
Red Rover
AG
The unscientific 30-second answer: we look at past results to help predict future trends or occurrences in almost everything - weather patterns, oil and gas wells, sports teams and players, real estate sales, product performance, etc, etc. If you expect someone to see the future or know 100% what will happen then you don't understand risk or probability. Anyone that claims to do this is probably selling you something. However anyone that tells you past trends or performance have zero use are probably selling you something as well.
MaroonDynasty
third coast.. said:

backintexas2013 said:

Believe nothing in politics board. People pretend to be all kinds of things.

I'm almost positive that houstonaggie37713 is mfbarnes.
The stock he is pumping on that thread issues like 2 million shares of stock a week.

Also Spends almost 14x as much on SGA then they do R&D.

A couple million in assets vs a 550mil market cap.

I cant confirm but Nancy Pelosi's son is rumored to be a member of the board. 2 execs were also execs of EWLL.

Their prospectus is a joke.
https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1576873/000107878221000017/424b3010721_424b3.htm

Of course it could be pumped up way more but I'm not good at musical chairs.
I bleed maroon
AG
CastleRock said:

I do not wish to start a war here. Honestly seeking knowledge.

I have always been biased towards low cost index funds and time in market, specifically as it relates to retirement funds. I'm reading (for the first time) A Random Walk, which is obviously very critical of both technical and fundamental analysis.

Since this is the charts thread, in particular, the book systematically debunks every single technical analysis method, and goes on to explain why past price movements have zero relevance in predicting the future.

What is the scientifically/data supported response to this?
Trust the process, man! This ain't no place for your pseudo-science!

Just kidding.

I actually don't think there are many, or any, pure chartists on here. Several use charts to identify optimal entry points, and while I don't necessarily agree with most forms of technical analysis, there are enough adherents who use it that it actually makes it relevant for this purpose, especially in the short term.

Use it to your advantage, and don't ever, ever call it voodoo!

P.S. There are a lot of really good people with some great ideas on this thread, and as long as you continue to do your own due diligence, we can all learn a lot from each other. After all, we all want to make money on our investments.
jimmo
RN
near retirement
Thriller
AG
I wonder what registration/licenses he has to hold to be in the job he describes...and what restrictions would come along with such licenses.
CPDAggie10
AG
CastleRock said:

I have always been biased towards low cost index funds and time in market, specifically as it relates to retirement funds. I'm reading (for the first time) A Random Walk, which is obviously very critical of both technical and fundamental analysis.

Since this is the charts thread, in particular, the book systematically debunks every single technical analysis method, and goes on to explain why past price movements have zero relevance in predicting the future.

Start with page 1 of this thread?
Post removed:
by user
oldarmy1
AG
CastleRock said:

Why would there be a war when the opposition is firing dummy bullets? The scientific data is understanding program trading algorithms and how institutional activity can be identified in a chart.

FJ43
CastleRock said:

Wanted to provide some points outside of scientific data support. More from the mental or personal approach. I've seen a response or two and IMO one of the important aspects for most on this thread is that they are anywhere from moderately active to very active with their investments. I would say most are pretty active and pay attention regularly to their positions. The debate of buy and hold vs technical trades has been a long road. Technical trades or investing is managing what is occurring in reality. Volume, support or lack of it, supply, demand, etc. History gives few you points of reference that over and over prove as key indicators. If you can be active and are willing to learn technical analysis (not implying absent of fundamental analysis) I believe you will achieve greater results.

Many are/were invested in mutual funds, index funds, etc as a buy and hold approach that 401k advisors recommended. Mainly because the vast majority of participants are not or do not have the desire to be anything but passive. Sadly, depending on your age if you are not involved with your money you can wake up one day and 30% or more of a 401k is wiped out with a significant event with no time to recover. Nothing gets you out of the way in these cases.

The technical analysis approach isn't for everyone (edit - it is and can be see 2nd half) and I would never recommend it for anyone that wanted to set it and forget it.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

MaroonDynasty
Watching the charts and following institutional money and paying attention to volume. Just the MA plays on this thread alone speak for themselves.

Ragoo
AG
chubbs07 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Query

What is everyone's profession?
O&G equipment sales.

Looking forward to the seminar. Thanks, OA, and all you other stock savvy gents! This is probably the only place I will be spending time online moving forward; couldn't ask for a better spot.
what kind of equipment?
Fightin_Aggie
AG
https://techcrunch.com/2021/01/07/sofi-nears-deal-to-go-public-in-merger-with-chamath-palihapitiyas-newest-spac/

Ticker IPOE? Is this the sofi spac?

Still trying to figure out SOFI and spaces. If I were interested in getting in SOFI would I buy the spac now?
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
texagbeliever
OA1's query: Energy (power) Risk / Portfolio management
Chef Elko
AG
To keep up with the thread

Upstream O&G - Financial Analyst
OutlawAG04
Real estate broker and 3pl procurement- corporate representation
Real estate investor
_mpaul
AG
CastleRock said:

Great question. I'm like you re low cost index funds. I consider this stuff nibbling around the edges for value here and there.
Paper. An insane deer. Taco meat.
_mpaul
AG
oldarmy1 said:

CastleRock said:

Why would there be a war when the opposition is firing dummy bullets? The scientific data is understanding program trading algorithms and how institutional activity can be identified in a chart.

What, in your opinion, is the best book to start with that advances your . . . approach? I jump into these threads, quickly remember ya'll are speaking a different language, get frustrated, and leave. I need a good primer.
Maedan86
AG
Manager in Data Science/Research

Very long time lurker on this thread and have learned a great deal. 2-3 years out from retirement. Don't do options, but have still done very well just trading the picks from this thread. Best thread on TexAgs.
Cartographer
Book is linked here.

But also youtube has some great information on Covered Calls, Selling Puts and other income producing strategies.

Secondarily, the majority of these plays are based on support and resistance levels combined with volume flow.

Not a ton of, but not excluding, candlestick analysis. From those concepts, you can pretty much handle just about any of the calls here.

If you have specific questions, we can jump in to any of these things. I think this place is meant to build up your skills.
0708aggie
AG
What's the Board's thoughts on BBY?
oldarmy1
AG
What he said.

I am currently writing one but it will take a while with everything else going on.
tlepoC
AG
panduh bear said:

Book is linked here.

But also youtube has some great information on Covered Calls, Selling Puts and other income producing strategies.

Secondarily, the majority of these plays are based on support and resistance levels combined with volume flow.

Not a ton of, but not excluding, candlestick analysis. From those concepts, you can pretty much handle just about any of the calls here.

If you have specific questions, we can jump in to any of these things. I think this place is meant to build up your skills.

Reminder that there is a copy of this book floating around this community thanks to khaos288. Copy is available to the next person.
Cartographer
I've been looking to buy one but would borrow if available.

Should I PM khaos?

_mpaul
AG
Maedan86 said:

Manager in Data Science/Research

Very long time lurker on this thread and have learned a great deal. 2-3 years out from retirement. Don't do options, but have still done very well just trading the picks from this thread. Best thread on TexAgs.
How did you decide what to do and what not to do?
Madmarttigan
AG
Anyone have it for under 100 bucks lol
Formerly tv1113
Thriller
AG
Middle School Math Teacher after a decade as a full-time SAHD, part time used/surplus/damaged equipment broker.

Similar to a poster above - I married up (Utility Co. exec)
_mpaul
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

zwhag2010 said:

What are your thoughts on CWH. I got in around 31 when it looked like it broke out back around mid NOV but since it has resumed it's downward trend. I think you said you were in it?
$CWH is not a trade for me, but a long term buy and keep. Marcus Lemonis is as good as it gets for management, and these guys are a juggernaut in their space. It is bull crap that their stock trades for less than 10X earnings.

From a pure chart perspective, descending channel. Daily and weekly squeeze. Over 30 to start another breakout attempt.

What generates these images? And why do you put $ in front of the ticker. Apparently, I thought I knew more than I do.
khaos288
AG
It's yours man, and just offer it back up here when you're done with it.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Know how I know we are near a top?
Cartographer
Thank you!

Shoot me a message to exchange details.

Thriller
AG
You seeing a bunch of shoe-shiners and lawn guys posting?

*raises hand
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
The application is think or swim, which is a tool for TD Ameritrade customers. You'll see similar images from Interactive Brokers, Fidelity, or web apps like trading view here.

The $ sign is to denote the ticker. We started doing this to make it easier to search. Similar parlance is used on Twitter.
tlepoC
AG
panduh bear said:

Thank you!

Shoot me a message to exchange details.

Just pm'd you
First Page Last Page
Page 2736 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.