Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,036,376 Views | 231639 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
Help_needed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Don't you think that's already baked into the market?
I bleed maroon
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I can't speak for you guys, but I have no interest in being in $TSLA at these ranges.

I agree, but how do you play it? Premiums are outrageous, and I'm not liking the risk prospects of a simple short.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$AMZN is in a very tight range, a move from +1 ATR on the daily could be easy money. Very compressed on the weekly, could move up for earnings.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
sometimes the smartest move is not to play.
Mostly Foggy Recollection

sometimes the smartest move is not to play.

This. I don't touch TSLA options up here.
ProgN
Colt98 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Query

What is everyone's profession?

My friends say my profession is "I married a doctor"

I say- contractor, rancher, real estate investor,
Rule 1?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
It would really be crazy if $FB caught a bid. Lots of people are mad at them, and it can create the conditions for a short squeeze. Above 272 or below 265 and I'm very interested.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
The options are not very liquid, but $GOOGL looks ready to go. Daily squeeze. Look for 8 EMA touch as a good entry. Very possible this gaps and goes.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Watch for inverse cup and handle forming $TWTR

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Our resident expert is taking heat on this, but $COTY is eventually going to go. Over $7.40 for confidence.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$SCUD has probably bottomed. but don't be idiots, use put credit spreads if you enter.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Is $ABT on your radar? If not, it should be. Daily squeeze, watch for volume, target $115+

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I like the pattern on $WMT. Daily squeeze, watch for volume. Could benefit from rotation trade, I don't know if it will move with the market or have relative strength.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Last one. $CMCSA (comcast). They're dicks, but daily squeeze and could challenge ATH.

FJ43

Is $ABT on your radar? If not, it should be. Daily squeeze, watch for volume, target $115+

I had put this one on my watchlist just before Christmas after the 9M volume day but hadn't entered so far. Have been eyeballing the Feb 115c.

You in this one?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I have shares that I've been selling CC against. I think I want to do put credit spreads for late Jan. I can't say why I'm nervous, but I just don't know how much longer this rally can go. Stimulus and fed help a lot, obviously. Fewer buyers.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Thanks for the info. Sorry for the late reply. It's been one of those weeks. I think this helps. A couple clarifications - when selling calls/puts, do you set the sale price of the call/put? And I assume when you are selling a call or buying a put, you've got the own the shares to create those transactions? If so, what happens if you sell the shares before the option expires, and they then hit the strike price?

And NRD09, don't worry. I'm not going to do something I don't understand. Best advice I've ever been given.
oldarmy1
AG

Our resident expert is taking heat on this, but $COTY is eventually going to go. Over $7.40 for confidence.

The 2nd day after entering it tried so hard to fire off and confirm. $0.75 or $0.80 high. Think a couple people sold some. Good for you. Yeah it's eventually going to go which is why I've been buying shares on the lower end of dailies but I still have a lot if options and would like to see it break so everyone makes hay.

zag213004
AG
What are your thoughts on CWH. I got in around 31 when it looked like it broke out back around mid NOV but since it has resumed it's downward trend. I think you said you were in it?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
zwhag2010 said:

What are your thoughts on CWH. I got in around 31 when it looked like it broke out back around mid NOV but since it has resumed it's downward trend. I think you said you were in it?
$CWH is not a trade for me, but a long term buy and keep. Marcus Lemonis is as good as it gets for management, and these guys are a juggernaut in their space. It is bull crap that their stock trades for less than 10X earnings.

From a pure chart perspective, descending channel. Daily and weekly squeeze. Over 30 to start another breakout attempt.

FJ43
Traderstewie seems bullish and watching it.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

tailgatetimer10
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Query

Engineering, focus in supply chain and manufacturing
zag213004
AG

zwhag2010 said:

$CWH is not a trade for me, but a long term buy and keep. Marcus Lemonis is as good as it gets for management, and these guys are a juggernaut in their space. It is bull crap that their stock trades for less than 10X earnings.

From a pure chart perspective, descending channel. Daily and weekly squeeze. Over 30 to start another breakout attempt.

Thanks for that info and chart! If additional stimulus/tax refund happen maybe people will start buying some more RVs
BlueTaze
Is there an option play on BA tmrw considering the 737 crash in Indonesia over weekend?

Old plane, and not a max, in a country with worst safety record. May be a buying opportunity?
FJ43

Watch for inverse cup and handle forming $TWTR

I'm wondering if there isn't an open drop and Model T opportunity on options to scalp. Some of these could have initial volatility regardless of where they end up.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG

We could very well have a big red day tomorrow, but this just makes me laugh. We are at prices not seen since Friday.
TE1981
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Query

Real Estate Investor
Property Management/RE Sales
Self Employed Destin, FL
oldarmy1
McInnis 03
AG
I think qqq's get beat up on the overnight
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Professional Engineer, Manager of a fabrication group
chubbs07
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Query

O&G equipment sales.

Looking forward to the seminar. Thanks, OA, and all you other stock savvy gents! This is probably the only place I will be spending time online moving forward; couldn't ask for a better spot.
Red Rover
AG
BlueTaze said:

Is there an option play on BA tmrw considering the 737 crash in Indonesia over weekend?

Old plane, and not a max, in a country with worst safety record. May be a buying opportunity?

If it spikes down in the pre-market I'm likely buying more Jan2022 calls. I'll look at strikes in the $230 to $250 range. I would think of it as buying on the way down since you never know if this will be a short dip or continue falling for a few days or weeks.
Post removed:
by user
khaos288
AG
CastleRock said:

I do not wish to start a war here. Honestly seeking knowledge.

I have always been biased towards low cost index funds and time in market, specifically as it relates to retirement funds. I'm reading (for the first time) A Random Walk, which is obviously very critical of both technical and fundamental analysis.

Since this is the charts thread, in particular, the book systematically debunks every single technical analysis method, and goes on to explain why past price movements have zero relevance in predicting the future.

What is the scientifically/data supported response to this?

OAs account.
First Page Last Page
Page 2735 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.