Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,038,137 Views | 231641 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by ProgN
mrad85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Prognightmare said:

Question: There's a vast array of professionals here so some of you have financial advisors or brokers. Do you compare their picks and performance to the advice you get from this thread?

Don't have to answer, I'm just curious.

I've specifically told my advisor not to let me get involved and make it a real PIA if I want to take money out. My plays here are strictly fun
AgDad77
AG

Retired Teacher / Coach.

Owner of Stocker Cattle Operation.

Professional lurker of this thread for about 7 months now and it has drastically changed my life.

Thank you!!
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Fightin_Aggie said:

oldarmy1 said:

Rice and Fries said:

SOFI going public. Me likey.
I am in line for IPO shares on this one and will buy regardless of placement.
https://techcrunch.com/2021/01/07/sofi-nears-deal-to-go-public-in-merger-with-chamath-palihapitiyas-newest-spac/

Ticker IPOE? Is this the sofi spac?

How would you buy?
So sofi, how would you get involved with this?

Do you just buy the spac if able?
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
spud1910
AG
Prognightmare said:

Question: There's a vast array of professionals here so some of you have financial advisors or brokers. Do you compare their picks and performance to the advice you get from this thread?

Maybe not the best comparison, but I put my SEP with a financial advisor about a year ago. It has done great, but almost all due to the stocks that I picked with the help of this thread. My main goal was to help me not to make stupid mistakes because of emotion.

That account has done very well since I moved from strictly mutual funds to picking stocks.

My wife works in pharma and has a financial advisor as a "benefit" at times. In the ten years we have been married, my picks have dramatically outperformed hers to the point she wants me to take over her retirement funds.
ProgN
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
tv1113 said:

This thread has a shocking amount of activity for a weekend. I guess everyone is staring at the wall as well with the market closed.

https://giphy.com/gifs/dave-chappelle-crackhead-crack-head-l2SpKF3z2hbcrRdkI
E
AG
Currently: project manager in PFV distribution

Future: OA1 hedge fund desk jockey
Robag09
AG
No financial advisor just company 401K and stock, and a small play account. I was hoping to join OA1's hedge fund but gonna end up a couple hundred thousand a year short for that.

I enjoy the teaching and explanations of picks here the most.
BT1395
AG
Private Banking for UNHW families with special focus on lending against large ranches. The portfolio managers on my team that take care of my clients' money run fairly conservative (stay rich) strategies that get annihilated by the advice in this thread!
gougler08
AG
tv1113 said:

This thread has a shocking amount of activity for a weekend. I guess everyone is staring at the wall as well with the market closed.

I'm currently trying to make bread from scratch as I've completely run out of things to do...
Decay
AG
gougler08 said:

tv1113 said:

I'm currently trying to make bread from scratch as I've completely run out of things to do...

That's how I'm making my portfolio
AgShaun00
AG
Director of purchasing for large electrical contractor.
ProgN
gougler08 said:

tv1113 said:

Damn you, I'm on a no carb diet right now.
Ragoo
AG
gougler08 said:

tv1113 said:

where did 23 year old us go?
gougler08
AG
Ragoo said:

gougler08 said:

tv1113 said:

where did 23 year old us go?

Kids, they leach the life out of us
Madmarttigan
AG
Too busy playing video games instead of learning to make money
Formerly tv1113
HoustonAg2014
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Quite a range of professions. Appreciate all the feedback.

Special thanks to our teachers and those who serve in the military.

Not sure got to do it but think we should see if there is a way to get a spreadsheet thread on the business forum for this where we all fill out our professions. I see this is a family type atmosphere where we help each other out. Why not have a spreadsheet where you can contact someone for their business? I would rather help people here or at least have a contact here then a random plug. Not saying you have to use the person but this is a great networking tool and shows the power of the Aggie network. Figured I had to say that.
SW AG80
AG
Prognightmare said:

I had a really good CFP who made me alot of money in the 1990s.But he retired around 2001. Since then I have had a very conservative stock broker who I have wanted to leave BUT I have made so much $$$ on my own because of this thread that I let him keep my account even though I make most of the calls.

In 2009 I bought LVS because of a tip from this thread (or the origins of this thread) and made lots of money in my SEP/IRA. Two years ago next month I got into ROKU, again because of this thread, and more than doubled my money. Unfortunately for me, I sold way too soon but at least I was smart enough to put all that money into Amazon, Microsoft and Apple. These are 2 big reasons I will retire sometime this year at the age of 64 with a house on the Guadalupe River and one in Aggieland.

Pro, I too went through a divorce when I was about 40. Lost a lot of money because of the divorce but in the end found a lot of happiness. I don't recommend divorce but I highly recommend happiness. Best of luck and know that it will be 9 months to a year before life will get back to normal. And have lots of patience with your kid(s).

And thanks for the knowledge you give us everyday.
ProgN
Thank you
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

gougler08 said:

tv1113 said:

Well they look like bread...

FishrCoAg
AG
Rural veterinary practice owner
drred4
Biomedical Engineer.

I use a Financial Advisor, and I know the stocks I have invested in on my own and follows on this board have had better returns. Only invested a little in stock with Advisor though. Most is in managed funds, etf's. The one exception is not getting into APPL 10 years ago.

drred4
Are you in Rotan?
cgh1999
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

oldarmy1 said:

Quite a range of professions. Appreciate all the feedback.

Special thanks to our teachers and those who serve in the military.

Not sure got to do it but think we should see if there is a way to get a spreadsheet thread on the business forum for this where we all fill out our professions. I see this is a family type atmosphere where we help each other out. Why not have a spreadsheet where you can contact someone for their business? I would rather help people here or at least have a contact here then a random plug. Not saying you have to use the person but this is a great networking tool and shows the power of the Aggie network. Figured I had to say that.

There is a Texags Aggies Only group on LinkedIn. It doesn't get too much traffic though.
HalifaxAg
AG
Former engineer teaching HS Robotics now....but need to supplement earnings so I can get going on my bucket list.
FishrCoAg
AG
drred4 said:

Are you in Rotan?

Yep

Do I know you?
FishrCoAg
AG
Have a good FA with Merrill. Had 1.5x with him and .64x in my fun account when I started following here. Now he has that part at 1.7 and my fun account is at 1.38 time frame is about the last 16 months
Ragoo
AG
I have about 20% of my taxable investment with a wealth planner for two reasons. 1) family keeps accounts with him and if any grandparents bestow some funds my way that transition will be simpler 2) I don't touch it. It is our "bonus" early retirement money.
KT 90
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Query

What is everyone's profession?

Business Systems Analyst. Which for me means I work with PeopleSoft/Oracle financial systems to do setup/configure/troubleshoot/reporting type work.

ProgN
gougler08 said:

Prognightmare said:

gougler08 said:

tv1113 said:

Well they look like bread...

I really don't like you right now.
KT 90
AG
third coast.. said:

Someone is going to log in and think something CRAZY has happened when they see all these posts

THIS! I was thinking bitcoin either hit 50k or 20k or something similar.
drred4
PM sent
McInnis 03
AG
Mechanical engineer focused on fluid dynamics, turned operations manager
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
AG
third coast.. said:

Someone is going to log in and think something CRAZY has happened when they see all these posts

When I saw 135 on a Saturday I was convinced my phone was on the fritz
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
FJ43
Got home this evening and first thing I did was get a chance to read through all the posts. Great to see the diversity of professions on the board here. Also really great to see so many that follow (lurk) but don't always chime in and it has had a positive impact in their lives.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

First Page Last Page
Page 2731 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.