Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,042,798 Views | 231654 Replies | Last: 14 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
Decay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What's that old Shelby Metcalf quote? "You either know something about stocks that I don't, or I know something about honeymoons that you don't."
Thundergon
gougler08 said:

Well I think I'm stuck holding this TSLA put over the weekend...don't love it but guess we will see
6MM on the 1/29 $800P near close on flowalgo.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Charlie Kelley said:

tramaro1 said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

khaos288 said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

Ok so I made a stupid move (thought it was smart Monday and sold $345 and $360 calls on my Roku. I'm for sure getting called in both but the $360 pisses me off most since it's my largest holding... Would you

1) Sell puts at the $360 price to recapture where I left off

2) Sell the $385 and recapture half of where I left off

3) Buy the shares back cause it ain't coming back down

Thanks!
4) Roll the sells?

I'm on the beach for my honeymoon and tried on the fidelity app and could not for the life of me figure out how to roll... I feel dumb but have done it on the Active Trader Pro before

I don't think this is an option on fidelity, that is a nice feature on ToS
On the app you'll have to do a spread. I like fidelity desktop, but their app is no fun. I need to take a chunk and put it in ToS.
On ATP there is a roll option. They give you the 4 most likely options and then also allow a custom roll, which is really cool to be able to simulate the value difference at a certain strike or as you get closer to or at expiry.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
3% week this week. Really good considering how crazy things got on Wednesday. Have a great weekend everyone.
spud1910
AG
0708aggie said:

Yep. Was up 3%, then down 3% and ended up 0.4% Not a bad week though. Up 16% past 4 days.
I agree. A crazy week, but up 22% for the week.
gougler08
AG
Thundergon said:

gougler08 said:

Well I think I'm stuck holding this TSLA put over the weekend...don't love it but guess we will see
6MM on the 1/29 $800P near close on flowalgo.

Nice! I mean it's certainly coming back at some point, but question is when
mrad85
AG
This has been a very good week for me. Thanks to everyone for your insight and tips.

Up 168%

From the end of the year almost 200%
Touchless
AG
Running with the Bulls said:

$GOCO close at $16
I'm almost back to even on my GOCO. Averaged in at $16.3 on all my share purchases. Including my option plays on it though that I've already closed, I'm averaged down to $15.18. Really hoping it crushes throughout Q1 so I can sell some covered calls and maybe even let some go to deleverage on it a bit.
MaroonDynasty
QD and GOCO ended up big today...what world is this?!?
Touchless
AG
mrad85 said:

This has been a very good week for me. Thanks to everyone for your insight and tips.

Up 168%

From the end of the year almost 200%
Meaning the last 53 weeks or just this one single week? I'm pretty happy with my 19% ytd, but I have a smaller account so easier for it to fluctuate wildly.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Decay said:

What's that old Shelby Metcalf quote? "You either know something about stocks that I don't, or I know something about honeymoons that you don't."

My dad used to date his daughter hahahaha that's well timed. Wayyyyy back in college
McInnis 03
AG
Painful lessons learned this week. But if they're learned, then I guess it's for a reason.

Figuring out what you're good at and sticking to it has been hard for me. Terrible terrible week because of so much stupidity today. But there are plenty more days ahead.
McInnis 03
AG
oh, and mind the sig.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

Painful lessons learned this week. But if they're learned, then I guess it's for a reason.

Figuring out what you're good at and sticking to it has been hard for me. Terrible terrible week because of so much stupidity today. But there are plenty more days ahead.
Sorry man. We can all empathize with you what its like to have a good week and a bad one. Next week will be better and a weekend ahead to recharge for it.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Mostly Foggy Recollection
37% week. Can we do this for the next 51 weeks?

SLV 24.5 Puts and SPOT were my big winners today. That and exhausting TSM.

Entered XL 1/15 25s, UBER 59s (OA alert), HEXO 1/21/22 $4s as brand new positions.

Found out I have covid at market close when the lab called back. I feel fine, but isolation for me for 10-14 days.
backintexas2013
AG
Hopefully you stay asymptomatic. Give you lots of time to research and trade.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
There are a couple of things I've learned that are important:

1) Don't play too big. Congratulations to all of you with 22% and 100% growth this week. You're clearly making either great bets or you're playing with a large portion of your account. I try to risk less than 5% of my account each week.

2) Fridays aren't the day to be clever or to go for blowout wins. Close out / keep what you've got, take a great opportunity if it shows up, but whatever you do, don't ruin your week.
jbeck3487
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

37% week. Can we do this for the next 51 weeks?

SLV 24.5 Puts and SPOT were my big winners today. That and exhausting TSM.

Entered XL 1/15 25s, UBER 59s (OA alert), HEXO 1/21/22 $4s as brand new positions.

Found out I have covid at market close when the lab called back. I feel fine, but isolation for me for 10-14 days.

More time to look for the next GILD play
Aggies1322
AG
19% week.. looking for these Uber calls to send me over the moon.

God bless, folks
$30,000 Millionaire said:

There are a couple of things I've learned that are important:

1) Don't play too big. Congratulations to all of you with 22% and 100% growth this week. You're clearly making either great bets or you're playing with a large portion of your account. I try to risk less than 5% of my account each week.

2) Fridays aren't the day to be clever or to go for blowout wins. Close out / keep what you've got, take a great opportunity if it shows up, but whatever you do, don't ruin your week.
My week was solely due to GILD. It was the 2nd most profitable trade I've ever made. TSLA being the first in 2020.

GILD options cost basis was approximately 10% of my account value at the time. I still have a boatload of shares, I'm holding for the 70-72 range.

I typically never put more than 5% into an options play, but I do follow steadfast rules.
backintexas2013 said:

That is the plan! Looking forward to it.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm in GILD with you, but at 2%.
GILD is what I call a LION stock. It always ramps big in March, peaks in Summer and then ****s into the new year. Then starts gaining strength again when the calendar turns. I
jbeck3487
AG
I finished the week up 18%.

Biggest regret of the week was selling my Roku 350c lotto for a lousy (joking...sort of) 110% return on Wednesday afternoon. Then see it reach worth $5,200 today.

As Dan says, may your worst trade be a profitable one.
BrokeAssAggie

backintexas2013 said:

I just tested positive for the antibodies, guess I had the corona at some point. I have had a runny nose for the past 6 weeks, which I always do because of the Cedar.
backintexas2013
AG
Can I ask what test was used to determine positive?
backintexas2013 said:

Can I ask what test was used to determine positive?
nasal swab...
backintexas2013
AG
Ok. We use three kinds. If it was the doctor nasal/brain scrub you are positive. If it's some of the others I would tell you to retest.
backintexas2013 said:

Ok. We use three kinds. If it was the doctor nasal/brain scrub you are positive. If it's some of the others I would tell you to retest.

Not sure which one but I felt like it was gonna pop my eyes out. It sucked.
backintexas2013
AG
That's the real one and it sucks so bad.
CRM over 222... feel a move to 231 then 240

Fightin_Aggie
AG

backintexas2013 said:

Not medical advice but my coworker took the Invermectim when he came up positive and it worked well for him and he is a higher risk group. He does have a ranch and had some on hand.
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
I appreciate the anecdote. May look into it.
astroaggie13
AG
MaroonDynasty said:

QD and GOCO ended up big today...what world is this?!?

I know right!?!
Gig em Stros
tsuag10
AG
So this happened today on RH....

I had 2 SPY 270/275/280 butterfly spreads expiring today.

I should have sold/closed them around 1:30 today, but I didn't. And then I get this notification message:

They broke my butterflies and sold part of them which (for now) cost me $930.

So then I'm sitting with 2 - 270/275 call spreads. And now I'm seeing this:

I'm hoping their system is going figure this out without screwing up anything else.

I think I will come out + $70 if it works out like it should.
First Page Last Page
Page 2725 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.