Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,045,403 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
0708aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Can we add TWTR to the list that we dont touch? Right there behind SCUD
FJ43
CrazyRichAggie said:

PHUN is a MA play?
Think OA said he would like to try and get a net free position on it. Not sure if at 50% or not though. Its at $1.33 and I just picked up more here just now on the bounce at $1.32.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

ProgN
It wouldn't surprise me if Roku buys Fubo.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

CIDM close to dropping below $0.70 for those looking for an entry or MA

Tiny volumes on the b/a...seems like someone has orders stacked up to keep it right at .71
gougler08
AG
I don't think his goal posts plays are really to mass accumulate, more looking for a pop following the large volumes
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
McKinney Ag69
AG
FJ43
gougler08 said:

I don't think his goal posts plays are really to mass accumulate, more looking for a pop following the large volumes
No not an MA play just a net free/trade play. I took an entry low and then now have doubled up in $1.30s to $1.36 area after the pop.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
CrazyRichAggie said:

I did some more MA today. I can see my little green candle on the 5min mark. Makes me feel good in the cockles of my heart - or maybe that's the sub-cockle area.
cptthunder
Bob Knights Liver said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

I did some more MA today. I can see my little green candle on the 5min mark. Makes me feel good in the cockles of my heart - or maybe that's the sub-cockle area.
Thats not you right now on the volume? Come on dont kid us haha
CPDAggie10
AG
$CIDM Volume
ProgN
jayelbee said:

Prognightmare said:

Maybe, but it's already at a 3x premium to where it was just a couple of months ago. If it gets crazy and starts getting beyond reasonable fundamentals, I think that makes it a tough punt, especially since Roku is already negotiating carriage with all of these content providers. If anything, Fubo not owned by Roku gives them money in the pocket for carrying their service.
ROKU's stock has also increased considerably and companies like to use the inflated prices as currency to strategically acquire companies.
Rice and Fries
jayelbee said:

Prognightmare said:

Maybe, but it's already at a 3x premium to where it was just a couple of months ago. If it gets crazy and starts getting beyond reasonable fundamentals, I think that makes it a tough punt, especially since Roku is already negotiating carriage with all of these content providers. If anything, Fubo not owned by Roku gives them money in the pocket for carrying their service.
Alternatively, ROKU would also be able to acquire an early mover in terms of Sports Streaming. Lets not all act like ESPN or Other sports streaming options dont suck wang.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
cptthunder said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

Thats not you right now on the volume? Come on dont kid us haha
No, I put in limit orders at $0.71. I did enjoy the almost immediate run up to $0.73 though. I'd like to vote for us to go ahead and spike to $1.09 again. That would be kewl.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I know it's easy to get cocky the way the market has been going for the last year, but man, I'm pretty happy with my purchases this year.

DIS: This was the first thing I went in hard on after covid. Currently hovering around +60%.

LUV: Currently my second biggest holding behind the index. Currently at +53%.

QQQ/AAPL: Jumped in in late summer for both, both hovering at +14%.

UAL: I jumped in late on this after LUV had already rallied so much. Currently at +8% but with the most runway to keep climbing.

ROKU: +25% in less than a month.

GBTC: +11.35% in 4 days.

Keep in mind that before covid, I had absolutely no stocks. Only had index funds and some Schwab ETFs, which I sold to get into stocks. Now granted, I missed out on TSLA and some other crazy rallies, but for a somewhat new investor, I'm pretty happy.
I bleed maroon
AG
I think Prog has it right on this one. If a company has a huge runup in stock price, the rough order of things is:

1. Raise capital if you need it (usually via a new share issue).

2. Fund capital initiatives that exceed your hurdle rate that you couldn't afford before.

3. Acquire a strategically important company with your inflated currency.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I bought back NIO $50 01/15P at 90% of profit.
backintexas2013
AG
Come on GILD one more big push.
gougler08
AG
Gambling on TSLA profit taking and buying a put here...real tight stop loss though
0708aggie
AG
Logic is out the door on that stock. I wouldn't play either side.

But you did say gamble so you're willing to lose money.
FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I bought back NIO $50 01/15P at 90% of profit.
Congrats! I need to learn this part of the game. Know you are experienced at it and guess I just need to try more than the one here or there.

FJ43
$BB making another push

0708aggie
AG
yeah F me. I had 100 contacts and sold out at 0.75.
gougler08
AG
0708aggie said:

Logic is out the door on that stock. I wouldn't play either side.

But you did say gamble so you're willing to lose money.

Yeah pure gamble with a small portion of my profits this week. Stop loss is at -10%
docaggie
AG
Sometimes freeing up capital makes more sense, allowing you to rotate into another play that will profit - especially when you've got a week to squeeze out only the last few pennies.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
If it's helpful, I have significantly streamlined. Some stuff i'm in:

• PINS stock and feb monthlies
  • ACB leaps + selling diagonals
  • AMD feb monthlies
  • BIGC stock + Feb covered calls (OA play)
  • CFII stock
  • COTY stock + bag holding on Jan monthlies
  • IPOE stock
  • CRDF stock + Jan covered calls
  • ENG + Feb 2.5 covered calls - LOL
  • FCEL stock
  • FUBO stock
  • FUTU stock
  • GILD march 62.5C + doing diagonal offsets
  • INAQ + Jan covered calls
  • MSFT Feb monthly 210C
  • NNDM stock
  • PINS Stock + Feb monthlies
  • SABR stock + covered calls
  • TCON stock + covered calls
  • VXX short calls
  • WATT stock + covered calls
  • WWR - same plays as you guys
  • XL stock
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
jayelbee said:

Any reason you didn't want to let it run through next week. Seems likely to expire worthless.
I sold 30 of them and decided in advance that 90% was my profit target.
ProgN
Rice and Fries said:

jayelbee said:

Prognightmare said:

Alternatively, ROKU would also be able to acquire an early mover in terms of Sports Streaming. Lets not all act like ESPN or Other sports streaming options dont suck wang.
That will also make FUBO an attractive target for AMZN too.
ProgN
SDC up on heavy volume
I bleed maroon
AG
Quote:

• WATT stock + covered calls

Ha - I've held WATT since 2014, and it's been a total dog. I just bought some speculative calls last week (Aug $2.50s) that are up a bit. I like the concept and am OK with the risk profile, but it's definitely a longshot as a company.

What's your outlook on WATT?
Touchless
AG
Curious to get others thoughts on charting AMZN. If you were to do it, would you view the red trend lines or the green ones below? I know they're similar, but the difference leads to a breaking point coming much sooner under one scenario vs the other.

Or maybe someone better at charting sees something completely different overall. Thoughts?

wmitchell
AG
Out of CWH? I thought you were holding that
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 2719 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.