Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,045,475 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Post removed:
by user
tsuag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
KO with a little bump today. Was down 4 straight days this week.
cptthunder
third coast.. said:

Iirc, Last time he gave one of those undowns there were 2 stocks he didn't put down because they were long term holds, CWH was one.
You made it back to green yet on DDD, another big run today
Post removed:
by user
wmitchell
AG
Thanks - I actually just sold Feb26 30 covered calls on CWH for over $2 to get my cost basis to 24.73 (or get called out at 30 - which would be roughly 20% gain including the cc premium. I am good with getting called out or lowering cost basis there.
leoj
AG
My god. Are any of the sub $5 holders of NIO still long?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
gougler08 said:

Gambling on TSLA profit taking and buying a put here...real tight stop loss though
Educated gambling. Over the past year every week that has seen TSLA go up to or over the 21-day 2.5-sigma upper band, the following week it has come back at least to the 2-sigma upper band (right now $816) and in most cases come back to the 1.5-sigma (right now $782).

It's a cult following right now and this is definitely knife-catching and gambling. But I likes it.

edit to correct my BB values
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I bought it for sub $2 and the idea was that it would catch a bid with all of the other battery / energy stocks. I'm just farming it for covered calls at this point. I've lowered my basis to $1 already.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
wmitchell said:

Out of CWH? I thought you were holding that
long term hold along with OSTK. Still have a ton of shares.
Mr President Elect
AG
Are there any downsides to rolling covered calls? Or any "gotchas" to be aware of? Other than the stock dropping and missing out on cashing in, it seems that you are benefiting from the extra run-up in the "next" premiums, so wondering what to be aware of? Currently have some NIO $65's cc's for 1/15 and thinking of just selling 2/19 $75's to buy back the $65's and want to make sure I am not overlooking anything.
Coachbro20
$FUBO- What would be a good entry range to add these to my portfolio?
59 South
AG
leoj said:

Here. Bought a lot in my 401k average 4.66... just took a peek... 1165% Also bought some in my Roth IRA with avg 7.75.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
To me that's the biggest downside. You set up the CC to be okay with that return + premium if you get called out. If you roll it out several months from now and the stock drops you're going to be left with just the premium and not able to cash in on the stock at it's peak. For highly volatile stocks I usually choose to let it go, for stocks that you want to keep over several months as swings I'll typically roll a percentage of them, and for long term accumulation stocks I'll try to roll all/most of them or buy them back outright.
E
AG
59 South said:

leoj said:

Here. Bought a lot in my 401k average 4.66... just took a peek... 1165% Also bought some in my Roth IRA with avg 7.75.
I have a bunch 1/15 $5 calls that I plan on exercising next week... just trying to figure out what's the best way to do use it as a long term hold, but I have it in a my Robinhood account. Don't want to have to pay too much in taxes...
tamu2009
AG
I'm in a 3 and had sold $53 CC expiring today, was going to buy it back until it exploded overnight, so I'm locking in that $50 a share.
Running with the Bulls
I'm hoping GOCO has busted through the $15 resistance and will now use that as a new floor! It is really setting up nicely for a push into earnings.
gig em 02
leoj said:

In at 4.05 but more than net free on covered calls alone.

Let's make WWR the new NIO
59 South
AG
E said:

59 South said:

leoj said:

I have a bunch 1/15 $5 calls that I plan on exercising next week... just trying to figure out what's the best way to do use it as a long term hold, but I have it in a my Robinhood account. Don't want to have to pay too much in taxes...
Now THAT'S a first world problem to have. On the bright side, it's only January so you won't actually be paying that tax for a while... or maybe you would have to send in something Q1? I hate the tax aspect of it all. If you've owned the calls over a year you could sell the calls vs exercising and only pay long term cap gains?

Bird Poo
AG
59 South said:

leoj said:

My Company does not offer equity trading in our Schwab 401K. Only select mutual funds if we want to purchase. Been writing our 401K "committee" to get it changed but no dice. This really ticks me off because I would be much closer to my retirement goals if I could trade in my 401.
leoj
AG
Congrats all, love to see it.
Mr President Elect
AG
leoj said:

Congrats all, love to see it.
I'm in at a $6.62 strike. It's funny b/c I remember thinking at the time that I am probably way to late to the party, but what the heck, FOMO amirite!
Post removed:
by user
texagbeliever
TWTR had a spike in volume few minutes ago. 550k shares traded in 3 mins, normally does around 100k shares.
59 South
AG
PearlJammin said:

59 South said:

leoj said:

My Company does not offer equity trading in our Schwab 401K. Only select mutual funds if we want to purchase. Been writing our 401K "committee" to get it changed but no dice. This really ticks me off because I would be much closer to my retirement goals if I could trade in my 401.
I'm extremely lucky with both my old and current 401k's being in Fidelity with Brokerage Link access. I can buy everything except options and my company's stock. If you have it, then count your lucky stars. My wife has T Rowe Price, and it is absolute rubbish. Embarrassing actually. Her company changes around every couple of years between awful and awfuller. Just remembered her previous one was Schwab.
59 South
AG
third coast.. said:

Would there be buyers for $5 calls on a $60 stock? Seems people wouldn't even be looking at those. Genuinely curious.
I think so but you'd have to provide a slight discount probably due to low volume.
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
leoj said:

Here - avg cost is $4.32.
ProgN
"Rubbish"
backintexas2013
AG
GILD keeping a tight bounce around $63. Hope it can break up.
backintexas2013
AG
Mine is the same way. Only mutual funds.
AgEE10
AG
hi ho SLVR
ProgN
GBT looking to start its ascent.
Running with the Bulls
$GOCO volume!
AgEE10
AG
took some profits on the GILD 63s, will let the remaining expire if it doesn't move.
FJ43
backintexas2013 said:

GILD keeping a tight bounce around $63. Hope it can break up.
3 days in a row we have the morning bump to a new level then consolidate the whole day. Look at a 3 day 10 Min charts and how similar they are.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

First Page Last Page
Page 2720 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.