Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,005,421 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by El_duderino
OutlawAG04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Amen FJ
Brewmaster
AG
no offense, I'm amazed at how much you have picked up in what, less than a year? You're basically FJ, "OA jr". Heck I was chicken sh** to try covered calls until you were rocking them. I finally grew a pair and sell them like clockwork now.

This thread is a great community. I've had multiple subscriptions, but this thread beats them all! The only sub I roll with now is Duck, b/c the hit rate on his options (and equity now) is incredible. On the options, calling out flow as it hits and picking the best bang for the buck premium wise, he's killer at it.

sorry to get off topic a little... I love Adam's work and levels too... saw this tonight. 3900 baby, Let's Go!

yes, I've had a couple beverages

ProgN

This might make for an interesting evening
FJ43
BREwmaster said:

no offense, I'm amazed at how much you have picked up in what, less than a year? You're basically FJ, "OA jr". Heck I was chicken sh** to try covered calls until you were rocking them. I finally grew a pair and sell them like clockwork now.

This thread is a great community. I've had multiple subscriptions, but this thread beats them all! The only sub I roll with now is Duck, b/c the hit rate on his options (and equity now) is incredible. On the options, calling out flow as it hits and picking the best bang for the buck premium wise, he's killer at it.

sorry to get off topic a little... I love Adam's work and levels too... saw this tonight. 3900 baby, Let's Go!

yes, I've had a couple beverages

Appreciate that Brew but a long way for me to go to even begin to understand what half the people posting here throw out each day. Some things click and others....not so much. If it wasn't for COVID I would probably still be catching flights every week back and forth with start-ups, greenfield operations, M&A and BD. It was after dealing with hundreds if not thousands of registered financial advisors a few years ago that I told myself one day I will manage my own lunch money. Had the time and decided now or never to dig in, be committed, surround myself with people a lot smarter than I am and learn.

There are some great folks on here that I have and continue to learn invaluable lessons from. Blessed and thankful each day.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

McInnis 03
AG
So, uh, when OA takes on his new role.....who's gonna give the plays here? Who gonna carry dat torch?
khaos288
AG
McInnis 03 said:

So, uh, when OA takes on his new role.....who's gonna give the plays here? Who gonna carry dat torch?

We will rename this thread the yacht club and give golf course and whiskey reviews.
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

Either you or the other one.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

YNWA_AG
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Wait OA's hedge fund means no OA on texags...
KT 90
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

Haha, never mind... OA has a theory

Can anyone help translate this tweet for the newbie's to covered calls? ie what are we expecting to happen by 1/15 on wwr?

tia
KT 90
AG
KT 90
AG
YNWA_AG said:

McInnis 03 said:

I believe he said he would still be posting on here.
gig em 02
McInnis 03 said:

I have it on good authority that he will be setting up a twitch so we can watch him live stream his trades.
AgShaun00
AG
YNWA_AG said:

McInnis 03 said:

He will buy the stocks and options for the big money and then a minion will catch the flow and post here so we can pump it up and the rich ags make millions and we get healthy crumbs.
Cartographer
I believe he's going to teach us to fish proverbially speaking.

Many of us have clear strategies and he's done nothing but build us new ones and improve our mouse traps.

I don't think you'll have to worry about plays at all. Plus with two McInnis' we can't go wrong.
lobwedgephil
MasonRamsay said:

ARK bought 360k shares of TAK today. If you pull up the Daily chart it has held the 200dma past 3 days. Since it's an $18 stock options are very cheap. I expect a bounce on macro market continuation. 2/19 seems like enough time for it to go back and retest $19, push through 19&20 and it could really run.
ARK has been buying this since August, think they have around 9 million shares now.
FJ43
KT 90 said:

Can anyone help translate this tweet for the newbie's to covered calls? ie what are we expecting to happen by 1/15 on wwr?

tia

Means you will get called away for your shares if you sold covered calls at a $5 strike for Jan 15. Unless of course you now buy back your covered calls at a premium over what you sold then for.

FJ43
gig em 02 said:

McInnis 03 said:

I have it on good authority that he will be setting up a twitch so we can watch him live stream his trades.

Offer a subscription based service at a fee that doesn't attract every day trader with all the proper disclosures executed. You are in control of your trades and assets at all times and is advice only and not considered part of the firms assets under management. In this case the firm never has custody of assets. Just a guess.

YNWA_AG
AG
gig em 02 said:

McInnis 03 said:

KT 90
AG
FJ43 said:

KT 90 said:

tia

Means you will get called away for your shares if you sold covered calls at a $5 strike for Jan 15.

So if I sold $5 Jan 15 puts and $7.50 covered calls I am golden ... cause that is what I did.

Engine10
AG
Still plenty of time to sustain a move but $WWR has been stuck in a channel for a while (check the daily chart) and we're closing in on the expiration for the January monthly options. A lot of people chose to buy shares under $5 and sell the $5 covered calls to either lower entry price per share with received premium or get called away at $5. Others bought at or near $5 with same strategy.

The suggestion here from OA, if i'm reading right, is that someone may have an interest in forcing action on the Jan expiration $5 calls after we've been stuck for a while. There's always someone on the other side of the trade.

$5 covered call holders are in a pickle now - do you
(a) do nothing, and likely have your shares called away and but you keep the premium received for selling the calls. Also lock in a sale of your shares @ $5 or,
(b) buy back your calls, delivering value to the other side but you get to keep your shares.
AgEE10
AG
gig em 02 said:

McInnis 03 said:

"gig em 02, thanks for the twitch prime"
Cartographer
Can't wait \_()_/
FJ43
Engine10 said:

Still plenty of time to sustain a move but $WWR has been stuck in a channel for a while (check the daily chart) and we're closing in on the expiration for the January monthly options. A lot of people chose to buy shares under $5 and sell the $5 covered calls to either lower entry price per share with received premium or get called away at $5. Others bought at or near $5 with same strategy.

The suggestion here from OA, if i'm reading right, is that someone may have an interest in forcing action on the Jan expiration $5 calls after we've been stuck for a while. There's always someone on the other side of the trade.

(a) do nothing, and likely have your shares called away and but you keep the premium received for selling the calls. Also lock in a sale of your shares @ $5 or,
(b) buy back your calls, delivering value to the other side but you get to keep your shares.

Well said. Decisions decisions.

KT 90
AG
Thank you Engine10 and FJ43. Love reading thoughts of others, been taking notes and learning more. The cc's are still new to me, but have learned a lot lately.

Engine10
AG
I still haven't given away my free twitch prime from Amazon but would happily do this for the memes
E
AG
khaos288 said:

McInnis 03 said:

We will rename this thread the yacht club and give golf course and whiskey reviews.

Dibs on the golf reviews!
Ragoo
AG
Do you have a scan you are running in ToS to find setups?
Engine10
AG
No sweat! I enjoy trying my hand at sharing - either helps someone and cement some knowledge or this thread will course correct and we all learn.
khaos288
AG
E said:

khaos288 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Dibs on the golf reviews!

Something I could contribute infinitely more than stock picks.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
KT 90 said:

FJ43 said:

KT 90 said:

tia

Means you will get called away for your shares if you sold covered calls at a $5 strike for Jan 15.

So if I sold $5 Jan 15 puts and $7.50 covered calls I am golden ... cause that is what I did.

I did it in two different accounts. Started with short puts to generate some premium, maybe run the wheel if I get it put to me. Then with the high price target being discussed later in the year, I went long shares in my retirement account and sold some distant higher strike calls, so unlikely to get called out and I'll be happy if I do.
backintexas2013
AG
BTC back to $37,500. I really think MARA has been running too hot. Might buy some puts at open just depends on pre-market.
Engine10
AG
It's also worth noting that $WWR is one targeted for mass accumulation that is expected to make big moves this year. That word gets around fast. All of a sudden the buy side of $5 calls looks pretty good if you get to execute a share buy at that price. So you end up, maybe, with big volume starting to shake things up as suggested here:
FJ43
Ragoo said:

Do you have a scan you are running in ToS to find setups?

I've had several settings at times and kept playing with them for try and refine scan settings. About the time I started to play with it I started the migration over to IBKR so kind of abandoned the effort. I did find a couple great tips guys on YouTube. I'll see if I can find those links and post it on the TOS thread.

I'll look at see what I have set but on IBKR the primary filters I use now are volume over a certain range, gap up and down by %, share minimums and a price per share range. I try and filter out as much noise as I can. It's live though the day and constantly changing. So I periodically look and have a chart on that panel as I click on the stock the chart comes up and it takes about 10 seconds to say yay or nay dig into it. I mostly just use it at night or early AM and see if one catches my eye.

leoj
AG
oldarmy1
AG
Engine10 said:

Exactly. But if anyone happens to have used $5 covered calls the best trade would be to buy them back regardless of price and at least sell the Feb $5 for more premium versus losing your shares. Who knows maybe it wanders down again and you collect even more premium.
First Page Last Page
Page 2713 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.