Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,009,827 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by El_duderino
0708aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm assuming this means accredited investors only correct?
BrokeAssAggie
oldarmy1 said:

SEMINAR DATE SET: January 28th Time: 3pm Central
Possible second date on a Saturday morning in February

Precursor to hedge fund initiation in 2022. This is a new business, as a big decision to sell one of my companies was announced to the forum. Registration opens next Thursday.

Registration link will be posted in forum 1 hour prior to twitter.

If we can't join live can we pay for the recorded audio and video?
oldarmy1
AG
Yes, although the buy in would lend itself to that restriction. You have experience in creating a hedge fund with all of the hoops and blah blah legal musings?
oldarmy1
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

oldarmy1 said:

Precursor to hedge fund initiation in 2022. This is a new business, as a big decision to sell one of my companies was announced to the forum. Registration opens next Thursday.

Working on that, as the code for entry will be a one time use.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
gig em 02 said:

McInnis 03 said:

gig em 02 said:

Whales please push SNOW over 303 ASAP, thanks
This could be day 1. Look at the volume. Close over 299.27 would give access to next level at 306

NOBODY DO ANYTHING STUPID NO RIOTS NO TWEETS NO NOTHING LET ME GET THIS SNOW RIP TOMORROW THEN ALL YALL CAN DRESS LIKE BUFFALOS AND DO HOOLIGAN THINGS

bigbass1170
AG
AgEE10 said:

oof

That's an expensive fat finger
Cartographer
E
AG
oldarmy1 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

oldarmy1 said:

I wont be able to attend it live, so if any possibility of a paid recorded one would be awesome!
MROD92
E said:

oldarmy1 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

oldarmy1 said:

I wont be able to attend it live, so if any possibility of a paid recorded one would be awesome!

VERY excited about this OA. Thank you so much for all that you do
E
AG
WFC with some life lately! My 6/18/21 $40 that I bought last spring due to Irish (I believe he mentioned it) is finally green after being down big lol

Now that I posted it will go red...
0708aggie
AG
No experience, just wanted to make sure everyone knew that this isnt actually available to everyone. Interested with more information for myself.

There are ways around this for non-accredited investors, but the investment club route is not one that I recommend.
mrad85
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Yes, although the buy in would lend itself to that restriction.

In that case, although your tips have been all world and created quite the wind fall, I think we need to kick it up a notch here before the 28th!

I want whatever you're drinking!
Brewmaster
AG
what in the heck is up with TSLA? grabbed a lotto call before close on some flow (and playing with profits from previous roll). What's the pin tomorrow 850?? LOL.

0708aggie
AG
It keeps going and Elon's gonna be worth double Jeff.
sck1979
Count me in!
Mr President Elect
AG
McInnis 03 said:

ENG to $5.40, if you have $5's sold for next Fri now may be a good roll time.
I thought the entire ENG play was to buy stock and sell the cc's on it to get in on a "safe" price. Does it have longer term potential worth holding onto?
I bleed maroon
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Yes, although the buy in would lend itself to that restriction. You have experience in creating a hedge fund with all of the hoops and blah blah legal musings?
OA - this is a big step, and one you don't appear to be prepared for. As helpful advice, I'd suggest you partner up with a securities attorney immediately, because it's a whole different world, with real-world consequences to both you and potential clients. Methods for managing compliance, suitability, investor accreditation, and fiduciary concerns must be in place before you even think about soliciting. Make the call, and you'll thank me later.

Feel free to send me a private message if you want further thoughts.
ClutchCityAg
oldarmy1 said:

Yes, although the buy in would lend itself to that restriction.
I now have new life goal... to be worth enough to invest in OA's hedge fund.. gonna take awhile
Let it ride
gig em 02
I had some dead in the water TSLA 1050s for next week (picked up because following large flow), if those come back to life then I'll be so happy
gig em 02
BREwmaster said:

what in the heck is up with TSLA? grabbed a lotto call before close on some flow (and playing with profits from previous roll). What's the pin tomorrow 850?? LOL.

Tesla is going to rake in billions on EV credits with our new overlords
Mr President Elect
AG
Hopefully it rubs off on NIO
oldarmy1
AG
I don't do anything without being fully prepared. Thanks for your insight.
gig em 02
I bleed maroon said:

oldarmy1 said:

OA - this is a big step, and one you don't appear to be prepared for. As helpful advice, I'd suggest you partner up with a securities attorney immediately, because it's a whole different world, with real-world consequences to both you and potential clients. Methods for managing compliance, suitability, investor accreditation, and fiduciary concerns must be in place before you even think about soliciting. Make the call, and you'll thank me later.

Of course he isn't prepared, it's not even launching for another year.
gigemJTH12
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Boom.
I bleed maroon
AG
gig em 02 said:

I bleed maroon said:

oldarmy1 said:

Of course he isn't prepared, it's not even launching for another year.
That's why I brought it up - as soon as he solicits client funds, he MUST change many of his methods which would never pass muster.

There's a HUGE difference between providing stock-picking advice for free, and charging potential clients for your services as a financial advisor. I seriously doubt he's a licensed securities dealer or financial advisor, as he's broken literally dozens of financial advisory rules on this board in the past. I don't want to see the guy get in trouble with civil or criminal penalties.

I like OA's ideas, but it's a whole different league to take it to the next level.

I won't say anything further.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
oldarmy1 said:

I just choked on my food.

I'm not sure I'd ever address someone I didn't know really well about opening THEIR OWN BUSINESS.

Fair enough, but he hasn't been in that role, and that caveat, makes all the difference.
oldarmy1
AG
Nor should you. If you solicit business this way for any services I can offer some advice, beginning with not telling someone they don't sound prepared; especially for something they literally said earlier they would be getting prepared for over the course of a year.

And that's the last I'll say about it.
gougler08
AG
I bleed maroon is always here to make sure we don't get too happy on this thread

(And I do agree with some of the things he posts, but its like clockwork)
BrokeAssAggie
gougler08 said:

I bleed maroon is always here to make sure we don't get too happy on this thread

(And I do agree with some of the things he posts, but its like clockwork)

Typical attorney and I can say that, I'm married to one.
For those asking about accredited investors:

Quote:

The regulations for accredited investors vary from one jurisdiction to the other and are often defined by a local market regulator or a competent authority. In the U.S, the definition of an accredited investor is put forth by SEC in Rule 501 of Regulation D.

To be an accredited investor, a person must have an annual income exceeding $200,000 ($300,000 for joint income) for the last two years with the expectation of earning the same or a higher income in the current year. An individual must have earned income above the thresholds either alone or with a spouse over the last two years. The income test cannot be satisfied by showing one year of an individual's income and the next two years of joint income with a spouse.

A person is also considered an accredited investor if they have a net worth exceeding $1 million, either individually or jointly with their spouse. The SEC also considers a person to be an accredited investor if they are a general partner, executive officer, or director for the company that is issuing the unregistered securities.

An entity is considered an accredited investor if it is a private business development company or an organization with assets exceeding $5 million. Also, if an entity consists of equity owners who are accredited investors, the entity itself is an accredited investor. However, an organization cannot be formed with a sole purpose of purchasing specific securities. If a person can demonstrate sufficient education or job experience showing their professional knowledge of unregistered securities, they too can qualify to be considered an accredited investor.

In 2016, the U.S. Congress modified the definition of an accredited investor to include registered brokers and investment advisors.

On August 26, 2020, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission amended the definition of an accredited investor. According to the SEC's press release, "the amendments allow investors to qualify as accredited investors based on defined measures of professional knowledge, experience or certifications in addition to the existing tests for income or net worth. The amendments also expand the list of entities that may qualify as accredited investors, including by allowing any entity that meets an investments test to qualify." Among other categories, the SEC now defines accredited investors to include the following: individuals who have certain professional certifications, designations or credentials; individuals who are "knowledgeable employees" of a private fund; and SEC- and state-registered investment advisers.
2percent
AG
Dang! the previous exchange reminds me of the time i volunteered to be my daughter's soccer coach.
34% gain for the week and 46% gain for the trailing month. Thank you OA, GILD, VERU, NET, WEEKLY SPYs and last but certainly not least, Elon Musk, the globe's newest #1. TSLA was a big part of my portfolio success from early April until now.

It's been a fun ride to end 2020 and kick off 2021.
2percent said:

Dang! the previous exchange reminds me of the time i volunteered to be my daughter's soccer coach.
I come for the trading talk and end up with gems like this.

Bless you all.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Another terms of reference question for rooks: define "lottos" please.

I can intuit the meaning, but not how it actually looks in a trade. TIA.
First Page Last Page
Page 2711 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.