Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,027,881 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by ProgN
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Um, we're going to need to add more commas to your name.
oldarmy1
AG
Scratch this. Plug needs to hit close to $33 for the double from $1.60 average entry. Doh! Was looking at wrong strike entries.
BrokeAssAggie
oldarmy1 said:

If you followed on PLUG $32's I think it pushes to the money and flashes on $32 to go net free after this consolidation.
What was your entry?
oldarmy1
AG
$FCEL also looking to continue back to at least that $10 mark.
McInnis 03
AG
SPY isn't feeling it today.
59 South
AG
Did MGNI cure covid? It was nice knowin ya shares... 7.67 -> 20 + 1.30 premium in <4 months is just fine though.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Um, we're going to need to add more commas to your name.
I did buy to cover just now. I was wondering why my available cash was so much lower when I logged in this morning.
FJ43
$MBIO crawling its way back up. $3.09 now.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Touchless
AG
oldarmy1 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

BREwmaster said:

oldarmy1 said:

Bear Put spread hedge tomorrow that takes us through Friday into Monday. The spread is cheaper than buying straight Puts. I think whatever is going to happen on the election front happens sometime Friday, and if it does I think all heck breaks loose.

Based on close today those would be to sell Dec 21 $364 Put. Buy the Dec 21 $367 Put.

Price works out to around $0.71 ($71/spread).

this is genius. I'm in, holding too much for comfort honestly and the spread helps neutralize the crazy premiums on SPY.
My SPY plays right now are 1) a semi-calendar diagonal: 12/30 368C and sold today a 12/18 370C. Ideally, get to eat all the premium and then repeat with a 12/24. 2) 370/360/350P butterfly 12/24

Futures hold and this is the perfect day for entering hedges of any type. Adjust upward the prices based on where markets are at after the open. $371/368 right now. I would maybe be more aggressive on the sell side put by spreading it an extra dollar. $371/367 just because of the possibility of a short term blow off top push with the weekend news cycle.
With SPY dropping today, what's the play if we did this spread? Is this still more of a play for over the weekend? Should we buy some calls on half the options for the spread?
oldarmy1
AG
59 South said:

Did MGNI cure covid? It was nice knowin ya shares... 7.67 -> 20 + 1.30 premium in <4 months is just fine though.
Told ya that was a bull flag formed. Up up and away!
oldarmy1
AG
Touchless said:

oldarmy1 said:

BREwmaster said:

oldarmy1 said:

Bear Put spread hedge tomorrow that takes us through Friday into Monday. The spread is cheaper than buying straight Puts. I think whatever is going to happen on the election front happens sometime Friday, and if it does I think all heck breaks loose.

Based on close today those would be to sell Dec 21 $364 Put. Buy the Dec 21 $367 Put.

this is genius. I'm in, holding too much for comfort honestly and the spread helps neutralize the crazy premiums on SPY.
My SPY plays right now are 1) a semi-calendar diagonal: 12/30 368C and sold today a 12/18 370C. Ideally, get to eat all the premium and then repeat with a 12/24. 2) 370/360/350P butterfly 12/24

Futures hold and this is the perfect day for entering hedges of any type. Adjust upward the prices based on where markets are at after the open. $371/368 right now. I would maybe be more aggressive on the sell side put by spreading it an extra dollar. $371/367 just because of the possibility of a short term blow off top push with the weekend news cycle.
With SPY dropping today, what's the play if we did this spread? Is this still more of a play for over the weekend? Should we buy some calls on half the options for the spread?
I would cash in the Put side. This isn't a market selloff. It's post dividend drift. Dump the puts I think and if no calls then go out to Wednesday $372
TxAggie-12
AG
FJ43 said:

$MBIO crawling its way back up. $3.09 now.
115k volume on the minute
tramaro1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

59 South said:

Sell Jan $25 covered calls on this run up?
oldarmy1
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

oldarmy1 said:

If you followed on PLUG $32's I think it pushes to the money and flashes on $32 to go net free after this consolidation.
What was your entry?
Fixed it. Sorry had wrong strikes as I went in the money on some $31's as well as well. Higher risk but higher reward. I think with the breakout it runs on up to $34-35
oldarmy1
AG
tramaro1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

59 South said:

Sell Jan $25 covered calls on this run up?
Wouldn't sell anything less than there
FJ43
To you squeeze guys is it my imagination or is $MBIO on a pretty good squeeze for 2 days on the 10 Minute charts?

Edit: Was looking at the hourly
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

oldarmy1
AG
DKNG wants to run
McInnis 03
AG
FB jan 275calls are appealing to me right now.
zag213004
AG
Damnit PINS and AMD!
McInnis 03
AG
This is why.

wanderer
oldarmy1 said:

Touchless said:

oldarmy1 said:

BREwmaster said:

oldarmy1 said:

I would cash in the Put side. This isn't a market selloff. It's post dividend drift. Dump the puts I think and if no calls then go out to Wednesday $372
What am I missing? I thought this was a SPY put spread? Buy the 371p, sell the 368p. Not sure what is meant by cashing in the put side.
Spaceship
AG
What's going on with ZEST/ZESTD? Is it really up net 12% since the reverse split? The math has me a little confused.
AgEE10
AG
he posted a call lotto a few pages back too looking to capitalize on a swing in any direction.
oldarmy1
AG
wanderer said:

oldarmy1 said:

Touchless said:

oldarmy1 said:

BREwmaster said:

oldarmy1 said:

What am I missing? I thought this was a SPY put spread? Buy the 371p, sell the 368p. Not sure what is meant by cashing in the put side.

Thought he meant entering one. If you entered the $372/$369 spread it is an over the weekend hedge trade. I wouldn't sell it today.
BIMS O1
AG
Please DKNG!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Touchless
AG
wanderer said:

oldarmy1 said:

Touchless said:

oldarmy1 said:

BREwmaster said:

oldarmy1 said:

I went ahead and closed out both sides of the position. That's how I took the response. Was about a 30% gain for me for holding overnight so I'll take it. It's in the money, but not due to a large market move like we thought was possible. So cash the ticket.
Touchless
AG
Touchless said:

wanderer said:

oldarmy1 said:

Touchless said:

oldarmy1 said:

BREwmaster said:

oldarmy1 said:

I went ahead and closed out both sides of the position. That's how I took the response. Was about a 30% gain for me for holding overnight so I'll take it. It's in the money, but not due to a large market move like we thought was possible. So cash the ticket.
Well, I misinterpreted it, but still made a profit on it. If SPY rises back up, I may reenter or potentially just change the spread to whatever it's at near close today.
Swollen Thumb
AG
FEAC (Spac) closed deal with Skillz and new ticker is SKLZ. I've been in this May at 10.25 after Ranger brought it to the board.

Blew up from 16.50 to 22.73 yesterday. SKLZ is long hold for me. Not sure if it has options but could be a potential model T play for some as it's retracing some so far today.

FEAC is same group that brought us DNKG.
BrokeAssAggie
AMD = RKT
Phat32
AG
Back in the green on MBIO and it feels so good.
0708aggie
AG
I bought back my $15 covered calls on MGNI yesterday for 6.20. Ended up working out great for me.
Jet Black
BB
oldarmy1
AG
So far unsourced confirmation but multiple twitters saying the Pentagon halted intelligence briefings to Biden. No clue how that would coincide with the other things we have the put bear spread on but could be contributing to the early slow move down.
Engine10
AG
PLTR strength so far today in the face of that downgrade. Waiting for the other shoe to drop but has successfully defended $25 for a few days now.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Crwd!!!
Mvis only up 6% today lol
First Page Last Page
Page 2604 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.