Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,031,687 Views | 231622 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by Talon2DSO
WoMD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aggiesincebirth said:

I'll take loser of the day medal. I sold calls on Roku as I do most Wednesdays at $350 strike for Friday...

That's not all!

I sold 1,000 shares in my personal account that I day trade in because I am leveraged and have not wanted to hold over night this week. I lost out of $13k at this moment still going up... This warrants the gif of the guy jumping out the window of his office building.

How much did you make off those 1000 shares...?
jwhitlock3
$30,000 Millionaire said:

jwhitlock3 said:

Does anyone know how to add notes in Fidelity? Looking online and I can't find anything, but I'd like to label these shares I have as "net free". I can't see anything in either the web interface or ActiveTraderPro. Sounds kinda silly and I can keep a note in my spreadsheets but I'll add more shares on future dips and it would be nice to denote certain lots.
Create a new account and transfer your net free shares to that account. I have multiple accounts with Fidelity and one with TD.

For Fidelity, I have a managed account that they manage for me, I have a short term / swing account, I opened a net free account to move shares into, and I have a miscellaneous account where things like RSUs land.
Oh that's not a bad idea, I like that. Was debating on an account change to TD anyways, I've been using TOS this week and it seems to work much better than ATP. For whatever reason, ATP is insanely slow and boggy on my machine and it drives me nuts.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I am buying shares in OCUL.
tailgatetimer10
AG
humble brag going on, right?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Purchased Roku last week in anticipation of the HBO Max news.
aggies4life
AG
How high can Aggie owned ROKU actually go up??

Crazy the amount it has gone up in a short time....could this realistically continue this upward movement and eventually go to $1,000?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nasdaq.com/articles/3-big-reasons-why-roku-stock-can-surge-to-%25241000-2020-12-07%3famp
HoustonAg2014
AG
WoMD said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

I'll take loser of the day medal. I sold calls on Roku as I do most Wednesdays at $350 strike for Friday...

That's not all!

I sold 1,000 shares in my personal account that I day trade in because I am leveraged and have not wanted to hold over night this week. I lost out of $13k at this moment still going up... This warrants the gif of the guy jumping out the window of his office building.

How much did you make off those 1000 shares...?
I made about $20k this week hoping in and out and selling calls and buying them back. Just playing around since it seemed to just move $5 up then $5 down all week... Patience is the name of the game and I got too skittish.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I am not a buyer of ROKU at these prices. Look at the volume and notice that ROKU is hovering around 3 ATR. There hasn't been a mean reversion in over a month.

Edit - I see what it's doing after hours, but it may not stick. If you are in ROKU calls, consider selling shares short to lock your gains.
EngrAg14
AG
aggies4life said:

How high can Aggie owned ROKU actually go up??

Crazy the amount it has gone up in a short time....could this realistically continue this upward movement and eventually go to $1,000?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nasdaq.com/articles/3-big-reasons-why-roku-stock-can-surge-to-%25241000-2020-12-07%3famp

High if streaming services sold ads or integrated food like pizza at rhe right time wjen people plan to stream at night or binge stream based on regular streaming habits.

Still think that's the biggest miss buy all streaming platforms so far is not integrating a company like dominios who's be high on tech integration to sell more food and make some off the top with integrating with them more.

If amazon started food delivery it'd be huge immediately because Amazon would have done it.
McInnis 03
AG
Ddog being a good boy AH
TMOOSE
What are you in? I have 12/24 $115s!

Hope the dog will be a good boy tomorrow too!
Let it Ride
FJ43

I am not a buyer of ROKU at these prices. Look at the volume and notice that ROKU is hovering around 3 ATR. There hasn't been a mean reversion in over a month.

Edit - I see what it's doing after hours, but it may not stick. If you are in ROKU calls, consider selling shares short to lock your gains.
Is ATR a primary study you keep on all your charts?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
It's the number one thing I look at along with volume. Shows trend, how extended a move is, and how long since the stock has reverted to the mean, which everything does.
McInnis 03
AG
TMOOSE said:

What are you in? I have 12/24 $115s!

Hope the dog will be a good boy tomorrow too!

Shares. In at $82
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

On the flipside, yesterday i bought back the cyrx 55 calls i sold last week with the intention of selling 50c and scalping some premium before Friday. The calls didn't sell and she went on a run today!

And ontx... more net free shares!!!
tam2002
AG
What is going on with ZEST? Reverse split? Uplist soon?
FJ43

It's the number one thing I look at along with volume. Shows trend, how extended a move is, and how long since the stock has reverted to the mean, which everything does.
Thanks. I'll add that to a new chart setup and look at a bunch if stocks over time to familiarize myself with the trends. Appreciate it. Love learning new tools.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

wanderer
Anyone else find it extremely frustrating you can't set a stop limit order with a 'GTC +ext' condition within TD (ToS). It seems extremely basic, but yet, not doable.
JAggie2007
AG
My 12/18 $330s are going to like this news very much. I've done okay the past few weeks playing ROKU weeklies in anticipation of this news.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
FJ43 said:

Thanks. I'll add that to a new chart setup and look at a bunch if stocks over time to familiarize myself with the trends. Appreciate it. Love learning new tools.
Remember when I was saying last week that SPY needed to come down because it hadn't touched the mean in too long? It got close late last week - very predictable and an easy trade for me.

I think there are fair odds SPY touches ~360 sometime this year as well, maybe when we have tax loss selling. Not guaranteed, but feasible enough.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
this also looks great. Hope to see some continuation tomorrow.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$TSLA - interesting where this closed, right? Basically right on the 8EMA. I hope this mofo gaps and goes tomorrow, just like Rick Perry. We'll see.

FJ43

FJ43 said:

Remember when I was saying last week that SPY needed to come down because it hadn't touched the mean in too long? It got close late last week - very predictable and an easy trade for me.

I think there are fair odds SPY touches ~360 sometime this year as well, maybe when we have tax loss selling. Not guaranteed, but feasible enough.

It's really easy to see with those bands especially when you compare back to the ROKU chart. Bounces off the upper and lower bands repetitively. When combining volume (especially declining) and ranging at the top easy to see the potential for a decline back to the mean. Thanks for sharing these.

backintexas2013
AG
BTC still running. Guessing MARA runs more tomorrow
oldarmy1
AG
Bear Put spread hedge tomorrow that takes us through Friday into Monday. The spread is cheaper than buying straight Puts. I think whatever is going to happen on the election front happens sometime Friday, and if it does I think all heck breaks loose.

Based on close today those would be to sell Dec 21 $364 Put. Buy the Dec 21 $367 Put.

Price works out to around $0.71 ($71/spread).

Mostly Foggy Recollection
BTC melting up... past 22K
zag213004
AG
Are $PINS and $AMD dec 24 calls finished or do they still have life.
AgShaun00
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

jwhitlock3 said:

Does anyone know how to add notes in Fidelity? Looking online and I can't find anything, but I'd like to label these shares I have as "net free". I can't see anything in either the web interface or ActiveTraderPro. Sounds kinda silly and I can keep a note in my spreadsheets but I'll add more shares on future dips and it would be nice to denote certain lots.
In ATP click on the little "+" under the "Notebook" column. I use to to add my target for options, mostly.

Same thing and also you helped with idea
McInnis 03
AG
Are those bands similar to Dan shapiros setup?
McInnis 03
AG
Are those bands similar to Dan shapiros setup?
oldarmy1
AG
zwhag2010 said:

Are $PINS and $AMD dec 24 calls finished or do they still have life.

Odds still look good to pay off
Brewmaster
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Bear Put spread hedge tomorrow that takes us through Friday into Monday. The spread is cheaper than buying straight Puts. I think whatever is going to happen on the election front happens sometime Friday, and if it does I think all heck breaks loose.

Based on close today those would be to sell Dec 21 $364 Put. Buy the Dec 21 $367 Put.

Price works out to around $0.71 ($71/spread).

this is genius. I'm in, holding too much for comfort honestly and the spread helps neutralize the crazy premiums on SPY.
Brewmaster
AG
FB has that look...

Nickw8586
Not a big poster here, but appreciate the insight this thread has shared. I have been watching FEAC and I think it has a good chance to run. They are merging with Skillz, an online gaming platform that seems to have small market share but is widely accepted as one of the best platforms for gaming/gambling. $250m in cash in the bank thanks to investments from large firms and no debt. The ticker changes tomorrow to SKLZ due to the merger. Is anyone else following this? Am I wrong to like this? Thanks for any feedback.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Think they announced it last week? Don't care. Want settlement.
NRD09 said:

zest announces intent to 5:1 reverse split, stock goes up? Guess it's good news that they are doing it to try and get listed on a "national exchange"
First Page Last Page
Page 2595 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.