Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,039,848 Views | 231646 Replies | Last: 25 min ago by spud1910
aggies4life
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks for the info!

Either of those a buy?
jwhitlock3
Not for me, but I'm also not a huge fan of REIT's. If you're looking for one I'm sure there are better options, O and LADR come to mind.
ClutchCityAg
Let it ride
gougler08
AG
I'm long TLRY so I hope this is good news (they obviously like the news today since it's at 9.62 now)
_____________________________________________________ Today's winner of the A&M Football Board BBQ Blitz is: gougler08
Chef Elko
AG
I'm not sure how I feel about TLRY. I have the 2022 10C LEAPs that closed at $2.78 and the underlying closed just under $8. I wouldn't expect a premium in a buyout/merger to surpass the $12.75 I would need for my LEAPs to increase in value.
FJ43
$KMI

Looking at this one for an Options play tomorrow. Solid volume and note the steady volume increase since August and in particular the most recent week. Looks to be consolidating after the move up and wouldn't take much to bring it ITM from here (only $0.23 to ITM).

Jan 15c = $ $0.47/.50
Jan 16C = $0.16/.19
Jan 17c = $.06/.08

Current Jan 14c ITM is $1.05/1.11 - Shares closed today at $14.77

May look at 12/31 Weeklys vs Jan Monthly. Cheap play for possible solid Risk/Reward ROI and if has any dip tomorrow at open I will be taking an options play on a reversal.

Note: First screen shot of charts from IBKR and I have not even begun to figure out their charting tools yet so please forgive the rough chart without notations.

1 Year/Daily

3 Month/Daily

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

TxAggie-12
AG
oldarmy1 said:

McInnis 03 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Dec 31 PENN $90 calls just had some volume.
4000 on the DEC 80C
4000 on the DEC 70P
4000 on the DEC 90C......
Yeah that tells us the same trader is in play.
Not necessarily directing this question at OA, just grabbing his quote.

You know it is the same trader because all three of those contracts have the same volume and came in at the same time. Am I thinking about this correctly or is there more to it?

Can you make the same assumption for these FB calls? If so, looks like someone paid $5.2M for this call spread if my math is correct.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
NRD09 said:

NRD09 said:

Mvis pumped hard into the close, wonder if things are happening

Definitely seems like things are happening!

Mvis things happening again!!!! Anybody else in it?
McInnis 03
AG
TxAggie-12 said:

oldarmy1 said:

McInnis 03 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Dec 31 PENN $90 calls just had some volume.
4000 on the DEC 80C
4000 on the DEC 70P
4000 on the DEC 90C......
Yeah that tells us the same trader is in play.
Not necessarily directing this question at OA, just grabbing his quote.

You know it is the same trader because all three of those contracts have the same volume and came in at the same time. Am I thinking about this correctly or is there more to it?

Can you make the same assumption for these FB calls? If so, looks like someone paid $5.2M for this call spread if my math is correct.

I agree with you
oldarmy1
AG
Chart looks like it will break from resistance. Only issue is it's never had big moves outside of the 2 yr range, so it might get $1.50-2.00 and would then need new volume.
Rice and Fries
I wish Irish could opine on the impact of this.....US pork and chicken producers are about to be squeezed.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/the-rising-cost-to-feed-animals-is-squeezing-meat-producers/ar-BB1bVpm2
jwhitlock3
Looking at WWR as a good candidate for running wheel. 1/15 $5P at this level is selling for $1.25. I'm comfortable with the number of shares I own so this would just be trading shares, so ideally it just recovers above $5 and I keep the premium, if not you've got shares at $3.75 and you can sell $5 call against it for $1.00 for a total profit of $225 per contract above $5. Running the usual strategy of covered calls on half when it pops to go net free, but it felt like a good trade setup for something that likely won't spend much time below $5.
FJ43
oldarmy1 said:

Chart looks like it will break from resistance. Only issue is it's never had big moves outside of the 2 yr range, so it might get $1.50-2.00 and would then need new volume.
Thanks for the feedback. . $1.50-$2.00 from here should pay...If it breaks of course. Worthy of a play in your opinion?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Brewmaster
AG
jwhitlock3 said:

Looking at WWR as a good candidate for running wheel. 1/15 $5P at this level is selling for $1.25. I'm comfortable with the number of shares I own so this would just be trading shares, so ideally it just recovers above $5 and I keep the premium, if not you've got shares at $3.75 and you can sell $5 call against it for $1.00 for a total profit of $225 per contract above $5. Running the usual strategy of covered calls on half when it pops to go net free, but it felt like a good trade setup for something that likely won't spend much time below $5.
I like it, I might get out of my CC and sell the 5P and join you. I could also add to my position at these levels (just have a starter position for now).
McInnis 03
AG
Rice and Fries said:

I wish Irish could opine on the impact of this.....US pork and chicken producers are about to be squeezed.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/the-rising-cost-to-feed-animals-is-squeezing-meat-producers/ar-BB1bVpm2

He lingers
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BREwmaster said:

jwhitlock3 said:

I like it, I might get out of my CC and sell the 5P and join you. I could also add to my position at these levels (just have a starter position for now).

I sold an uncomfortable number of puts, and I am totally cool with being assigned.
cottonpicker
AG
TxAggie-12
AG
Interesting options activity on the GE LEAPs today. Looks like someone traded 10,000 Jan23 $10 put and 10,000 Jan23 $15 call. I assume they sold the put and bought the call. I have been sitting idle on this GE trade and letting it ride, but this activity made me think of possibly trying to reduce cost basis without selling any of my current position.

I was wondering if any of you more experienced guys could provide any feedback on either one of the approaches below? I normally just follow OA's suggestions, but I am trying to learn different ways to optimize trades without relying on OA's handholding.

Example: Assume you bought 10 Jan23 $15 calls @ $1.15/contract when OA mentioned it.
Following today's big money trade:
Sell 10 Jan23 $10 puts @ $2.32/contract
Buy 10 Jan23 $15 Call @ $1.80/contract
Credit $0.52/contract
If the price stays at or above $10:
Long 20 Jan23 $15 call, avg entry price = (1.15 * 10 0.52 * 10) / 20 = $0.32/contract; long position is doubled and cost basis is reduced
If the price falls below $10:
Buy 1,000 GE shares @ $10/share if puts are exercised, Net price of total position should be $10.00 - $0.52 + $1.15 = $10.63/share

Assuming you are comfortable buying GE shares at a net price of $10.63 (includes original option purchase @ $1.15), this seems like a way to decrease the cost basis of the call options and increase upside potential. This would be taking on more risk if price falls and puts get exercised.

Alternatively, you could sell the $10 puts for $2.32/contract and just pocket the premium.
The price stays at or above $10: lock in profit of $1.17/contract which is 100+% ROI and continue holding with more upside potential if the price keeps increasing
Price falls below $10: If puts get exercised then buy 1,000 shares at $10.00/share, net price of total position should be $10.00 - $2.32 + $1.15 = $8.83/share

There could be an obvious flaw in my logic that I am overlooking, so any feedback or alternative thoughts would be appreciated.

frankm01
NRD09 said:

NRD09 said:

NRD09 said:

In since the summer. Small position but renting it out since.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
frankm01 said:

NRD09 said:

NRD09 said:

NRD09 said:

Interesting lots of volume coming in any idea why?
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
austinAG90
AG
For those who asked about Reit exposure, Not a quick trade but I've been playing in this one for quite awhile.

WHLRD

$17-18 price on $25 Par. AV is over $30+ and is accruing at a default rate of 14%. Have been several talks about restructuring these into a cash paying Sr Pfd with a 7.5-8% coupon. Company has been in the market buying these (announced in last K so not MNPI). These have a 9/21 PUT so company will have to address holders soon.

I buy 100-200 shares per day for what's worth.
frankm01
Fightin_Aggie said:

frankm01 said:

NRD09 said:

NRD09 said:

NRD09 said:

Interesting lots of volume coming in any idea why?

$MVIS
Not sure, haven't seen any news. FWIW, Yahoo boards talking about possible acquisition.
FJ43

Running with the Bulls
Hendrix
AG
Anyone playing renewables and particularly solar? Any favorites?
McInnis 03
AG
I'm seeing a LOT of stimulus talks this morning, making it seem like a very real thing, as early as this morning. What's the play here? SPY pop?
Phat32
AG
MARA on fire. Remember 2 months ago when we all hated this stock?
McInnis 03
AG
Overstock with the +$10 swing in 2 days. Right as I covered down from $65 to $60. Sunuva.....
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

Overstock with the +$10 swing in 2 days. Right as I covered down from $65 to $60. Sunuva.....
Had a TDA alert last night downgraded to Sell vs. Hold. May be why....

FattyDelights
OSTK does that and it's great - selling covered calls has been quite good. Don't get me wrong it can be a little unnerving on the volatility but it's got high premiums for options!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
yukmonkey said:

Not me. I accumulated like a mofo in the 170s and 180s. But just sold my last bit in the mid 6s last week.
McInnis 03
AG
TWTR gapping over ATH's
Ragoo
AG
yukmonkey said:

rolled my March 7.5s to June 10s and collected another $0.40 in premium.
McInnis 03
AG
BTC pops $20K for first time.
McInnis 03
AG
AMZN is getting a lot of run this morning on this idea of them opening up a telehealth business. Could this be the catalyst, finally?
First Page Last Page
Page 2590 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.