Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,031,801 Views | 231622 Replies | Last: 14 min ago by Talon2DSO
AgShaun00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Boat Shoes said:

wanderer said:

Ohttps://www.cnn.com/2020/12/12/business/astrazeneca-alexion-39-billion/index.html

Absolute dumb luck for buying ALXN 1/15 130c (following @duckingmoney) yesterday. Should open at $40-45 on Monday.

Wow. I hope you bought a lot!
I have 2 of the 115c
wanderer

I'll believe it when I see it.

If true though, between that and the vaccine news AH on Friday, tomorrow could be a big day.
khaos288
AG
Stimulus and vaccine on the same day? Buying a straddle at open. Either it'll blow up or blow up the other way
oldarmy1
AG
khaos288 said:

Stimulus and vaccine on the same day? Buying a straddle at open. Either it'll blow up or blow up the other way
Already did!
Chamonix
Does that include the state bailouts?
Madmarttigan
AG
wanderer said:

I'll believe it when I see it.

If true though, between that and the vaccine news AH on Friday, tomorrow could be a big day.

Doesn't matter if it happens as long as the market breaks up on the rumor
McInnis 03
AG
Btw, tsla in to s&p, aiv out
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Spaceship said:

Anyone familiar with Enzolytics, ticker ENZC? They are a Plano based bio company working on development of antibodies for HIV and Coronavirus, and doing so in partnership with TAMU Institute for Preclinical Studies. They just filed a patent for treatment of MS too and seem like they could potentially pop bigtime.

With the connection to TAMU, I'm wondering if anyone here has any insights into the company.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/enzolytics-inc-files-provisional-patent-183000036.html

I took a small position a few weeks ago just as a lotto play based on its potential. Found a day where they were down a bit and just bought in there. A total set it and forget it type play assuming I'll lose all my money. But fortunately for me I've gotten really luck on some of these lately. But at some point, as any seasoned person here will tell you that luck WILL run out and it might here on ENZC (or it might not)
Bird Poo
AG
trip98
AG
oldarmy1 said:

khaos288 said:

Already did!

Would you mind continuing to educate this newb...my understanding is straddle is going to be around a particular stock. If my basic knowledge is on right track, anything in particular you are setting this play on?

Ps, any word on the class?
khaos288
AG
Oa can correct me if I'm wrong, but I was originally talking SPY.

Buy a daily/weekly call option for a few strikes above open and a few strikes below open. Then hope the price runs like hell on good news, or dives on underwhelming news.

Say the close price of 366 held.

At open you could buy a 12/14 369C for .38
And
A 12/14 363P for .68

That's 110$ ish on the table, and if you run up to 370.5+ you're green, and if dives to 361.5ish or less you're green.
Rice and Fries
US Treasury involved in a hack supported by a foreign government. The hackers got in using office365 to monitor emails for months, they were able to do this by tricking Microsoft's Authenticator.

May be some bad news for MSFT affecting them tomorrow.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Rice and Fries said:

US Treasury involved in a hack supported by a foreign government. The hackers got in using office365 to monitor emails for months, they were able to do this by tricking Microsoft's Authenticator.

May be some bad news for MSFT affecting them tomorrow.
"Hack"

oldarmy1
AG
I tweeted the set up. Bought the $367 call expiring this Wednesday when it was trading $365.30 area. Said $366 was the mark sought to buy the $365 Put. Both just under $1 at those levels.

trip98
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I tweeted the set up. Bought the $367 call expiring this Wednesday when it was trading $365.30 area. Said $366 was the mark sought to buy the $365 Put. Both just under $1 at those levels.

Thanks!

I dropped facebook about a year ago and happier for it. Never got on twitter
I hear you.

I hate social media because it's hard to avoid the toxicity.

I'm not on anything but LinkedIn and TexAgs (if you call TA social media).

docaggie
AG
Vaccine being distributed.
My hospital is getting it and will begin vaccinating the highest risk workers starting Tuesday.

Just an FYI that things are moving fast with the vaccine, and as places start publicizing that they're vaccinating people, it could spur the market.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Gey ready folks. This is gonna be a hell of a week.
Talon2DSO
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

As in up up and away or the first hill on a coaster?
Ragoo
AG
Talon2DSO said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

as in his boy actually becomes president elect tomorrow

Edit: wrong emoji
Madmarttigan
AG
My hospitals pharmacy having shifts to start prepping doses on Tuesday, they said we are getting almost 6000 doses.
gougler08
AG
Ragoo said:

Talon2DSO said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I stopped following all of this, what's the rationale here?
Ragoo
AG
gougler08 said:

Ragoo said:

Talon2DSO said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

tomorrow is December 14 and by law the day the electoral college votes
Brewmaster
AG
Ragoo said:

gougler08 said:

Ragoo said:

Talon2DSO said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

but will they all submit votes? I have a pretty good inkling that neither candidate gets to 270 tomorrow. The fun is just about to begin!

I think the markets want to gap up (futures have so far) on vaccine news. Would I touch the vaccine, NO! but the algos like it.
Ragoo
AG
BREwmaster said:

Ragoo said:

gougler08 said:

Ragoo said:

Talon2DSO said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

but will they all submit votes? I have a pretty good inkling that neither candidate gets to 270 tomorrow. The fun is just about to begin!

I think the markets want to gap up (futures have so far) on vaccine news. Would I touch the vaccine, NO! but the algos like it.
i would be shocked if one candidate does not end up with 270. Absolutely shocked.
Brewmaster
AG
I should've clarified, most of the media will report Biden gets 270 and it's over. It's far from over, many paths to victory still exist.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Tomorrow could be a trend day. Will that MF Jeff Bezos announce a stock split already?

Don't like the election outcome, possible there was fraud, but Biden will be the President. The really battle is those senate seats.
Rice and Fries
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Tomorrow could be a trend day. Will that MF Jeff Bezos announce a stock split already?

Don't like the election outcome, possible there was fraud, but Biden will be the President. The really battle is those senate seats.

Bezos is gonna hold off on stock split till Elon gets closer in net worth to him, and then pull the stock split to turbocharge past him. I'm sure it's a real pissing match between those two from everything rockets to the women they date.
FJ43
Morning guys. Hoping for the futures momentum to continue into the trading day.

I established an IBKR Pro account last week and spent a little time this weekend trying to figure out their Trader Workstation platform vs. TDA/Thinkorswim. If any of you are on this broker/platform do you have a link to anyone that has good YouTube videos on setups, charting, etc? I didn't find much other than what IBKR puts out.

I plan to continue using TOS until I have the TWS platform under control but so far I really like what it has to offer and want to get going sooner rather than later.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

txaggie_08
AG
GOCO having a strong morning pre-market.
E
AG
NIO below 40

I went heavy in NIO calls the past couple weeks
FJ43
E said:

NIO below 40

I went heavy in NIO calls the past couple weeks
The alert I received this morning on $NIO.

MW Nio's stock drops as upsized share offering prices at a discount of more than 7%
MarketWatch
7:11 AM ET

Tomi Kilgore

Nio raises $2.65 billion as offering increases to 68 million ADS from 60 million ADS

Shares of Nio Inc. took another dive Monday, after the China-based electric vehicle maker's share offering, which was upsized by 13%, priced at a discount.

The company raised $2.65 billion as its offering of 68 million American depositary shares (ADS) priced at $39.00 per ADS, which is 7.1% below Friday's closing price of $41.98.

When Nio originally announced the share offering after last Thursday's closing bell, it said it was offering at least 60 million ADS.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Running with the Bulls
$VERU over $10 premarket!

Reported positive Phase 2 results for a breast and prostrate cancer treatment. Phase 3 approved.
SPy flirting with 370
Running with the Bulls
$AMD over $92 premarket
First Page Last Page
Page 2581 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.