Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,042,917 Views | 231654 Replies | Last: 21 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
TxAggie-12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FJ43 said:

TxAggie-12 said:

Would any of you more skilled technical guys mind sharing your thoughts on this setup?

FNKO - IMO it looks ready to pop if any big volumes come in and it holds $11 area. Bounced off previous $9.86 resistance and headed to $11 area, pull back to $10.67 area and bounced off that support, made new high above yesterday's breakout, hovering around $11 area at the moment. After making its move back to $11 area, the pull back/red candles all had lower volumes.

I like this ones action right now. Long cup back to February and resting above that break. Friday's volume was really solid and today again. It Model T'd at the open nicely and consolidating intraday today.

Has a big gap fill for about $4 now to get to about $15 again. Also has a decent options chain so may take an options play with any pull back intraday today.
Appreciate the input. I was watching that model T real time this morning. What options are you looking at? Mind sharing your thought process on how you choose the strike and expiration? I bought the Feb $15 calls this morning at the $9.80 support area, avg entry $0.50. In hind sight I probably should have gone with $12.50. I struggle with picking the best strike price and expiration month. My thought for the $15 strike price was based on the gap down in Feb. Need to travel quite a bit to fill it. My position is small.
FJ43
OutlawAG04 said:

Watching the feb premiums as well. You selling puts as well?
on $WWR?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

cisgenderedAggie
McInnis 03 said:

OAs itm covered call strategy on half your position is working well for me on mbio. Selling nearest expiry 2.50s for about $1-$1.55 when able, buying back much lower or rolling if needed

Can you point to a post on this strategy? I don't think I've followed it and wondering if I'm not seeing it clearly due to mybcost basis being too high.
jbeck3487
AG
For those of you that play leaps, what is your exit strategy? I normally don't play leaps, so I looking for a little advice.

I realize this depends a lot on the stock, exp date, etc.

I have net free UAL 1/22 80c. It has a nice trend right now and broke above the June high of 48.95.
OutlawAG04
Yes on WWR. Watching those to snag more cheap shares or pick up the premium. Been watching feb
McInnis 03
AG
cisgenderedAggie said:

McInnis 03 said:

OAs itm covered call strategy on half your position is working well for me on mbio. Selling nearest expiry 2.50s for about $1-$1.55 when able, buying back much lower or rolling if needed

Can you point to a post on this strategy? I don't think I've followed it and wondering if I'm not seeing it clearly due to mybcost basis being too high.

Not able to at the moment, limited phone use right now.

It really consists of selling itm covered on half your position to capture premium that lowers your cost basis of your not called out, gives you nice return if you are called out....and I've added the twist is buying them back or rolling them if the situation makes it feasible. I'm ding this on MBIO and PLTR currently

FJ43
FJ43 said:

$LUMN
Breaking out of a 6 day consolidation channel.
Big dump. Maybe Model T opportunity as I cannot find any news.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

TxAG#2011
Tesla holey moley lfg
zag213004
AG
Come on $LOW get out of that hole you put yourself in
mc_shipman
MBIO. Went ahead and acquired more shares there since it is basically sitting right at my average cost basis anyway.
gigemJTH12
AG
zwhag2010 said:

wish we had another week so I wouldnt be debating selling today and minimize loss.
FJ43
Energy sector has led the day both directions.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
zwhag2010 said:

I think you need a close over $155 for this to be viable again.
gigemJTH12
AG
as in today?
Engine10
AG
FJ43 said:

AgEng06 said:

I jumped the gun a little early, but bought in to WWR shares at $6.10 this morning. I also sold some Jan $7.50p last week that could result in $4.90 entry if assigned.
I loaded up more below $6 this morning and will sell covered calls at a higher strike (7.5s or 10s) when the share price gets back to around $6.15-6.20ish. Premium is over $1.50 for the February 7.50s and about $1.10 for the 10s.

Opened up WWR shares $5.97, will start CC on half
zag213004
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

zwhag2010 said:

I think you need a close over $155 for this to be viable again.

That would put me in the money. My cost basis is 2.13
FJ43
Engine10 said:

FJ43 said:

AgEng06 said:

I jumped the gun a little early, but bought in to WWR shares at $6.10 this morning. I also sold some Jan $7.50p last week that could result in $4.90 entry if assigned.
I loaded up more below $6 this morning and will sell covered calls at a higher strike (7.5s or 10s) when the share price gets back to around $6.15-6.20ish. Premium is over $1.50 for the February 7.50s and about $1.10 for the 10s.

Opened up WWR shares $5.97, will start CC on half
I know a number of the group have taken different approaches and there are lots of good ones to take. I am just waiting to see if the Feb 10c premium rises a hair then that is what I plan to sell covered on half. Either get called out and get $11 share for sub $6 entry in 60 days or keep them for less than $5 cost basis. Hope I keep them actually.

oldarmy1
AG
Take it at your own pace. It's in a consolidation downtrend off its explosion move.

Engine10
AG
Agree, I like the $10s more.
tramaro1
AG
AMD if you could just go ahead and explode up already, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
AgEng06
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Take it at your own pace. It's in a consolidation downtrend off its explosion move.

Just so everyone isn't as confused as I was... it's CIDM.
0708aggie
AG
Remind me to never touch SCUD (RKT) ever again.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I know lotsa people are against the smaller caps but the under $5pps deals have been really good to me. These kindsa buys are right in my wheelhouse.
Engine10
AG
Exercised remaining PLTR $17, $18 calls today and sold $40 calls against those shares.

Gotta use these big days...if I get called at $40 I'm a happy guy as the net free shares will ride with!
irish pete ag06
AG
Aston04 said:

TSNP on fire. Up to .30.
Yessir. Got in on this Thursday.
Aston04
AG
Another small-cap I have a position in that's getting hot- RVVTF- Revive Therapeutics. Pushed up 25% today. Rumors of good news pertaining to covid therapy and Canadian drug legalization trends positive for it.
FJ43
0708aggie said:

Remind me to never touch SCUD (RKT) ever again.
I put it as recurring reminder on my phone for 4:30AM every day so I remember the pain and don't get a case of FOMO premarket. It goes off right after the 4:15AM MOMO alert for me.

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Got in on $TSNP at .20 then it plunged the next day and I doubled up at .13. Glad I did. Buy the dips!
gigemJTH12
AG
PLTR
ProgN
IMO, market looking heavy. Don't throw your Johnson on the table with margin.
Aston04
AG
TSNP- time to sell and take profits? Or keep going? Hoping for maybe one more FOMO push after close?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Aston04 said:

TSNP- time to sell and take profits? Or keep going? Hoping for maybe one more FOMO push after close?

Feels like it might gap into tomorrow. That said, its definitely due for a correction back down for this fast rise.
ClutchCityAg
ClutchCityAg said:

Added some V calls here based on Thunder's analysis - weekly 215s
These were a fail
Let it ride
Brewmaster
AG
Prognightmare said:

IMO, market looking heavy. Don't throw your Johnson on the table with margin.
and supreme court should rule tomorrow on PA
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
Up 6.5% on the day. Need AMD, LOW, and SNAP to keep going strong!
First Page Last Page
Page 2559 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.