Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,039,892 Views | 231646 Replies | Last: 27 min ago by spud1910
badharambe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

FJ43
TxAggie-12 said:

FJ43 said:

TxAggie-12 said:

Would any of you more skilled technical guys mind sharing your thoughts on this setup?

FNKO - IMO it looks ready to pop if any big volumes come in and it holds $11 area. Bounced off previous $9.86 resistance and headed to $11 area, pull back to $10.67 area and bounced off that support, made new high above yesterday's breakout, hovering around $11 area at the moment. After making its move back to $11 area, the pull back/red candles all had lower volumes.

I like this ones action right now. Long cup back to February and resting above that break. Friday's volume was really solid and today again. It Model T'd at the open nicely and consolidating intraday today.

Has a big gap fill for about $4 now to get to about $15 again. Also has a decent options chain so may take an options play with any pull back intraday today.
Appreciate the input. I was watching that model T real time this morning. What options are you looking at? Mind sharing your thought process on how you choose the strike and expiration? I bought the Feb $15 calls this morning at the $9.80 support area, avg entry $0.50. In hind sight I probably should have gone with $12.50. I struggle with picking the best strike price and expiration month. My thought for the $15 strike price was based on the gap down in Feb. Need to travel quite a bit to fill it. My position is small.
Sorry missed this from earlier. It has nice goal posts in the 6M Daily chart and broke through the long cup in the past few trading days so ideally I would like to see a consolidation channel a few days to digest this gap up move a bit. I'd be surprised of a quick big move again before a little consolidation so strike expiration I'd go out a few months. Then I'd look to take either the Feb 12.50s or 15s but most likely the 15s for my risk/reward. I like buying 1 to 2 out but that's just me.

Quick calculation has me targeting 12.50 for the stock price before another possible consolidation level. May be ITM for the 12.50s by a Feb strike date.

Just my 2 cents but interested to hear what others think as well.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
Anyone make this play after OA sent out the tweet? Did you see that volume at the close on the 1 Min??!

Chart. Look at the volume at the close.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

ProgN
BREwmaster said:

Prognightmare said:

IMO, market looking heavy. Don't throw your Johnson on the table with margin.
and supreme court should rule tomorrow on PA
I'm basing it on that S&P doesn't move 500+ in 30 days with headwinds in its future without some down days. Markets are way overbought. I'm not saying sell, but I am advising to decrease margin exposure if you trade margin.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Quick updates:

• Resuming my accumulation strategy on AMC, choosing monthly 2.5P
  • OSTK decline is a gift, I sold Jan and Feb $55P
  • Sold March CX 5P for 0.45
  • Still in AMZN. Hoping patience pays
  • Really missed the TSLA move
  • Sold MBIO 2.5P
FJ43
OutlawAG04 said:

Yes on WWR. Watching those to snag more cheap shares or pick up the premium. Been watching feb
I had planned to sell puts but changed my strategy today and loaded up on shares below $6 and will sell covered calls. I may still sell some puts yet though. In either case I will roll the premium back into this one in some form (shares, calls, etc.)

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Quick updates:

• Sold MBIO 2.5P

I'm long on OSTK and it just has not been good to me. Think I should cut loose? I'm down about 18% now.
McInnis 03
AG
Been on TSLA since 492, been riding net free calls ever since. Sadly it's all been cancelled by AMZN lately. About to have to pull that plug
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Been on TSLA since 492, been riding net free calls ever since. Sadly it's all been cancelled by AMZN lately. About to have to pull that plug
I have time. this is going to be worth waiting for, I think.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
This is a long term holding for me. Way undervalued.
McInnis 03
AG

McInnis 03 said:

I have time. this is going to be worth waiting for, I think.

I want to catch the move, but these damn things are so expensive
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I know. I am tempted to just do shares for this move.
Thundergon
I think AMZN is getting close. Just set up the daily squeeze today. I saw that 2.2MM call order today and think that's someone scaling into a big position for the squeeze move.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
We need Bezos to announce a stock split...tonight.
FJ43
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Quick updates:

• Sold MBIO 2.5P

I'm long on OSTK and it just has not been good to me. Think I should cut loose? I'm down about 18% now.
Same as 30k for me. I have a bit of it long and also believe undervalued. I thought about trimming some to redeploy to other upside opportunities but OA suggested not to and thinks it has another move before I should entertain that if I did.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
If you adjust your squeeze parameters to take into account something that is lower compression, we have been in a daily squeeze for nearly 30 trading periods. The weekly squeeze is super high compression.

I was really lazy and used Yahoo finance, but check this out:

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
More terrible charting. I know I'm bad at this.

jwhitlock3
Looks good to me?
Thundergon
Interesting, thanks for sharing. I use the Carter licensed squeeze indicator on IBKR with default settings. If I remember right it's showing a weekly squeeze for the last 4-5 weeks and today was the first day setting up the daily squeeze. I'll have to sit down and compare them sometime. Does the lower compression account for the decreasing ATR?
cptthunder
oldarmy1 said:

Take it at your own pace. It's in a consolidation downtrend off its explosion move.

Any concern on this one that the initial volume spike may have been triggered by the debt(2nd lein) for equity conversion that happened on the 4th(the second goal post)?
Looks like ~2.75 million shares for ~1.4 million of second lein debt
cptthunder
WWR
Kicking my self right now...I had an order in for shares at $5.80 and forgot to clear it for after orders fill and of course a minute after closing to someone got that fill
Oh well patience patience
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Thundergon said:

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I use the Carter licensed squeeze indicator on IBKR with default settings. If I remember right it's showing a weekly squeeze for the last 4-5 weeks and today was the first day setting up the daily squeeze. I'll have to sit down and compare them sometime. Does the lower compression account for the decreasing ATR?
yes sir.
Madmarttigan
AG
cptthunder said:

WWR
Kicking my self right now...I had an order in for shares at $5.80 and forgot to clear it for after orders fill and of course a minute after closing to someone got that fill
Oh well patience patience

I'm secretly hoping it goes to 5.50 and 5 to fill some more of my buys before taking off
aggies4life
AG
Anyone in lazr. Too late to get in?
cjo03
AG
SFIX up 35% AH on earnings/outlook
bigtoneag
AG
Sick about missing this one. My wife started working for them and she stays busy.
ContinentalAg
aggies4life said:

Anyone in lazr. Too late to get in?

I sold today at just under 40. Bought Friday in high 20s. Of course it went straight through 40 as soon as I sold. I believe in the tech, but the valuation seems crazy. I think it may pull back a little but wouldn't be shocked if it kept going up.
Cartographer
Real question:

Why do people use the 8, 23, and 34 moving averages on charts?

There is no malice in the question, I just don't understand the math. 20, 21, 50, 200, those all make sense to me and certainly I get the way the math works.

I'm just trying to get insight on the reasoning behind those numbers.

TIA!
topher06
Looks like I'll get lucky on selling 12/18 calls against 100% of WWR shares, although it may drop hard enough to erase those gains. What to do on that Monday? Just 50%?
badharambe
AG
sometimes its better to step back and go bigger time frame. amzn monthly, doesnt scream strength to me if youre wanting a move soon. compare with aapl or tsla

Brewmaster
AG
AAPL does look like it could go soon! I wonder how that TSLA short worked out for mr. big cheese?
CheladaAg
AG
Beware my fellow Ag traders, hope none of you were victims.

Fraud Pro Traders
ProgN
boyz05 said:

Beware my fellow Ag traders, hope none of you were victims.

Fraud Pro Traders
Well, the returns of this thread are pretty impressive and all can be yours for the price of donating to causes. But wait there's more, you can even get it for free by pressing F5 all day.
oldarmy1
AG
MP just kept going. $29.38
BrokeAssAggie
AMD $100C expiring next week look good? I'm thinking of rolling out soon.
First Page Last Page
Page 2560 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.