Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,036,466 Views | 231639 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FJ43 said:

CPDAggie10 said:

FJ43 said:

BREwmaster said:

MBIO almost hit $4 AH... I had a standing order to sell CC's at the recent days highs, I canceled that! could really pop soon.
Wouldn't surprise me to see this into the $4s before Friday afternoon. ASH where they present is Saturday so if good results this thing could go bonkers.

I've been watching with alerts also set the future 5 and 7.5 premiums and when the stars align I'll probably go for the $7.5s Plan to sell covered calls on half my shares and ride the rest.

This is exactly what I am hoping/planning to do. What kind of premiums and expiry dates are you thinking on the covered calls?

Someone bought 6/21 7.5 for $1.50 in the past day or so. Bid ask is pretty far apart but but if I can get $2+ I'm in. That will put my costs basis at least below $1 or out at $9.50 a share. I don't want to be called out on 5c unless the premium takes me north of $7 share at this point. 3/21 5c I think have sold at .85-.90 but haven't seen $1 or above. With a spike it could climb quickly though. Only selling calls on half of my shares and riding the rest.

I've got approx half in tax deferred and half in a taxable account.
This is BRILLIANT! might be more obvious to you veterans, but really helps shine the light on a CC strategy (and on a stock I'm pretty heavy in).
Brewmaster
AG
wanderer said:

OA, while you're around the boards this evening, I had a quick question regarding stop losses on calls.

The following have both hit and gone under the stated stop loss prices, yet I'm pretty sure you continue to own. I'm assuming you aren't setting an actual stop loss within your broker, but rather just treating them as a mental stop loss??
  • MP 12/18 25c stop loss @ $0.65
  • NET 12/18 75c stop loss @ $2.25

sorry for double post... I think he said this afternoon (maybe on twitter), "If you held the NET this long, we should get paid!".
EVA3
AG
I'd like to get in on the seminar if it's not full!
TE1981
AG
I would like to be on your training seminar too.
BrokeAssAggie
TE1981 said:

I would like to be on your training seminar too.

Me too
zag213004
AG
$NET 73.50 premarket
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

FYI...TexAgs is looking into giving my posts a way to be seen easier. Appreciate those who have asked for it.
Thanks Brandon, we know you lurk this thread.
FJ43
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

oldarmy1
AG
BREwmaster said:

wanderer said:

OA, while you're around the boards this evening, I had a quick question regarding stop losses on calls.

The following have both hit and gone under the stated stop loss prices, yet I'm pretty sure you continue to own. I'm assuming you aren't setting an actual stop loss within your broker, but rather just treating them as a mental stop loss??
  • MP 12/18 25c stop loss @ $0.65
  • NET 12/18 75c stop loss @ $2.25

sorry for double post... I think he said this afternoon (maybe on twitter), "If you held the NET this long, we should get paid!".

Yes, On flash down opens I'll nearly always ignore the stop loss versus if it occurs trending; especially if the previous day set a reversal post candle. Also, the larger the stock price the more volatile the capitulation bottom flashes. When looking for a bottom you want to see those violent drops because those are typically shakes in a non-macro sell off environment.
FJ43
ET - If you are trading the options, SMBC initiated coverage this morning and started ET at Outperform with a PT of $10. Those calls may get a bump this morning. I am in the Jan 7c.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
ehrmantraut said:

Are we looking for a full 231ish model t on this for a $6 target on the calls? Looking good pre...
gougler08
AG
Those weekly CRM calls should look good this morning
HoustonAg2014
AG
I too would very much like to be in the seminar. Did you say that it would be available in recorded format as well? I would love to listen live and also be able to go back and review the material. Especially if it is during a work day and I am only able to listen partially. This would be very beneficial to me!
TxAggie-12
AG
FJ43 said:

TxAggie-12 said:

Not sure if this one has been mentioned, but curious to get other thoughts on this setup

SSTK heavy volume yesterday with new highs after about a month of consolidation, appears to have the stair-step climb with consolidation after each run up, volume picked up starting late July, positioning for next run up?

Hopefully, I learned how to post a picture that is not blurry this time.

ETA: I'm a beginner at identifying setups
Interesting action on this one. After that spike in July and some retracing it has been steadily upward, pausing for about 4-6 weeks and consolidating. Just did that between $66-70 and now breaking out all over again. Volume spikes at 7/28, 9/18, 10/27 and yesterday 12/1 have all signaled the next leg up for about $10 a round. Being at ATH who knows where this goes but the trend is the friend at the moment. My guess next consolidation level is around $80ish.

PS - Good job on posting the chart.

Assuming this is or will be a confirmed breakout, your thoughts regarding a run up to the $80 area is what I'm thinking as well for the next leg up.

SSTK closed yesterday above $72 with another day of increased volume. Does the price have to close above recent high (12/1) with sustained volume to be considered a breakout confirmation?

Daily chart zoomed in with yesterday's action added

Looks like Dec 75C had unusual activity, yesterday OI was 219 and ~3,100 contracts were traded.

Any thoughts on a potential short squeeze? This website says 8 days to cover as of 11/15. With price near new highs and low trading volume between 11/15-11/29, I thought this may be a possibility.
59 South
AG
For us SQ holders...

Rice and Fries
NIO creeping back up...
Talon2DSO
AG
What AMZN going to do today? Crush hearts or make Christmas merry?
FJ43
TxAggie-12 said:

FJ43 said:

TxAggie-12 said:

Not sure if this one has been mentioned, but curious to get other thoughts on this setup

SSTK heavy volume yesterday with new highs after about a month of consolidation, appears to have the stair-step climb with consolidation after each run up, volume picked up starting late July, positioning for next run up?

Hopefully, I learned how to post a picture that is not blurry this time.

ETA: I'm a beginner at identifying setups
Interesting action on this one. After that spike in July and some retracing it has been steadily upward, pausing for about 4-6 weeks and consolidating. Just did that between $66-70 and now breaking out all over again. Volume spikes at 7/28, 9/18, 10/27 and yesterday 12/1 have all signaled the next leg up for about $10 a round. Being at ATH who knows where this goes but the trend is the friend at the moment. My guess next consolidation level is around $80ish.

PS - Good job on posting the chart.

Assuming this is or will be a confirmed breakout, your thoughts regarding a run up to the $80 area is what I'm thinking as well for the next leg up.

SSTK closed yesterday above $72 with another day of increased volume. Does the price have to close above recent high (12/1) with sustained volume to be considered a breakout confirmation?

Daily chart zoomed in with yesterday's action added

Looks like Dec 75C had unusual activity, yesterday OI was 219 and ~3,100 contracts were traded.

Any thoughts on a potential short squeeze? This website says 8 days to cover as of 11/15. With price near new highs and low trading volume between 11/15-11/29, I thought this may be a possibility.

Just needs to close above previous day not the 'flash' you are seeing or an engulfing candle. Ideally you want to see sustained volume and watch (or set an alert for volume) the 1 Min buy level spikes. I am sure others look for other technical indicators as well but I will also watch the 10 Min charts to see if the trend is remaining intact within the day.

sblade
AG
I would like to be on your training seminar also.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Rice and Fries said:

NIO creeping back up...
me everyday watching NIO

AgEng06
AG
Still bag holding some NBRV... What's up with it? Up over $4 for some reason, but that seems like a mistake...

Nm, I see the reverse split.
McKinney Ag69
AG
Count me in on the seminar as well! Would love to join!
gougler08
AG
AgEng06 said:

Still bag holding some NBRV... What's up with it? Up over $4 for some reason, but that seems like a mistake...

Reverse split
gigemJTH12
AG
PLTR making a comeback??
jj9000
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Rice and Fries said:

NIO creeping back up...
me everyday watching NIO

Big bucks
No whammies
No whammies
No whammies
Reeaaddyyyyyyy
STOP!

...sadly many on here won't get this. Getting old stinks.
Running with the Bulls
McInnis 03 said:

Buying X shares of PLTR here and selling X/2 calls of PLTR at 22.50 for this friday t $1.18 ea.
New to options...

Curious what your play is here with PLTR going above $24.

Thanks!
TxAggie-12
AG
SSTK looks like it may be mirroring its 30min open on WednesdayTuesday, $2 drop on low volume....huge volume came in at 9:00am on Wed. Bought Dec 75C

ETA: fix the date
BrokeAssAggie
NET 12/18 80C has a $4 target?
McInnis 03
AG
Sweeping Jan AMZN 3250c. 300 @ $126ea ($3.78MM)
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
What do we think AMD does between now and 12/18?
ClutchCityAg
CrazyRichAggie said:

Yes, but target will drop if it is not reached today or tomorrow
Let it ride
BrokeAssAggie
ClutchCityAg said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

Yes, but target will drop if it is not reached today or tomorrow
BrokeAssAggie
Come on MBIO, blow the top off, I know you want too!
McInnis 03
AG
Running with the Bulls said:

McInnis 03 said:

Buying X shares of PLTR here and selling X/2 calls of PLTR at 22.50 for this friday t $1.18 ea.
New to options...

Curious what your play is here with PLTR going above $24.

Thanks!
So I have now rolled these covereds out and up. Out one week, up one strike to $23.

So these calls that were valued at 22.50 for $1.18 are now worth $23 and an additional $.50 credit, so basically I'm running up with the rise and if I get called out, the remaining shares cost basis I have will get lower if I continue to do this.
59 South
AG
chrisfield said:

What do we think AMD does between now and 12/18?
First Page Last Page
Page 2538 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.