Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,046,909 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Aston04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
She's an interesting Twitter follow- rolled the dice with her today.. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://twitter.com/paulabinvest&ved=2ahUKEwjggJz3n6vtAhURna0KHcv1DjcQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw0NAkvem78NBps9OM06wGKQ
FJ43
Hmmmm......

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/kandis-stock-tumbles-after-short-seller-hindenburg-takes-aim-at-china-based-ev-maker-2020-11-30
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

I bleed maroon
AG
FJ43 said:

Hmmmm......

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/kandis-stock-tumbles-after-short-seller-hindenburg-takes-aim-at-china-based-ev-maker-2020-11-30
While this story may have merit, it bothers me that the shorts have started to do "investigative journalism" that directly benefits them. A brazen reverse pump-and-dump. Buyer beware, I guess.
FJ43
Decent buying volume still AH on ONTX. 5,10,20 up to100k share buys. Kissing Over.30 .32
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

badharambe
AG
badharambe said:

$hexo looks like it's about to break back up towards the 1.4s

Posted at $1.02. Up to $1.28 AH. Seems like a gapper in play for the morning.
pacecar02
tsla rocket after hours
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I bleed maroon said:

FJ43 said:

Hmmmm......

While this story may have merit, it bothers me that the shorts have started to do "investigative journalism" that directly benefits them. A brazen reverse pump-and-dump. Buyer beware, I guess.

Was actually talking to someone about this a couple of weeks ago. This is going to get a lot more common as time goes by. Hindenburg is just one, others will come along and manipulate price action down even without merit.
Aston04
AG
Agree. Homework/dd is great. But the pr campaign with it is a reverse pump and dump.
I bleed maroon
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

I bleed maroon said:

FJ43 said:

Hmmmm......

Was actually talking to someone about this a couple of weeks ago. This is going to get a lot more common as time goes by. Hindenburg is just one, others will come along and manipulate price action down even without merit.
I think this is the answer - - once many more players figure this scheme out, it dilutes the impact on the market overall. Right now, they're still relatively unique, and getting more than their share of attention (and profit). The positive reinforcement loop (promote, release, market reaction as intended, cash out gains, promote the next victim...) has strengthened their hand immeasurably. The market will correct for this over time, I am convinced. They are kind of filling a void left due to the aging of contrarians / activist investors like Boone Pickens, Carl Icahn, and others.
OutlawAG04
Still running up
FJ43
OutlawAG04 said:

Still running up
Not that it will get there but it may have that spike to .40. Double checked to make sure I had my GTCs set for it. With 2 more hours who knows....

CPDAggie10
AG
ONTX over $0.35 after hours. Will the partial sell order at 0.40 I set months ago get filled?!
CPDAggie10
AG
FJ43 said:

OutlawAG04 said:

Still running up
Not that it will get there but it may have that spike to .40. Double checked to make sure I had my GTCs set for it. With 2 more hours who knows....
Ha FJ Beat me too it! Keep going!
tam2002
AG
Lots of insider buying on ONTX
Jet Black
Hindenburg

It should be illegal.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
tam2002 said:

Lots of insider buying on ONTX
Potential big news coming?
Fightin2010
AG
Sure would seem that way
ProgN
Quote:

Tesla to Enter S&P 500 at Full Weight in December
7:01 pm ET November 30, 2020 (Dow Jones) Print

By Gunjan Banerji and Michael Wursthorn

S&P Dow Jones Indices said it will add Tesla Inc.'s full weight to the S&P 500 all at once in December, shedding more light on a mammoth addition that has captivated investors across Wall Street.

The index company said Tesla will be added to the broad stock-market gauge before the start of trading Dec. 21, meaning most index-tracking funds that follow the S&P 500 will engage in a flurry of trading the Friday before.

Tesla's market value has ballooned to about $538 billion, making it the sixth largest company in the U.S. stock market and it would have more than a 1% weighting in the S&P 500. That puts it ahead of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. but behind Facebook Inc.

More than $100 billion will be put into motion in coming weeks as passive fund managers and some actively traded mutual funds all benchmarked to the S&P 500 adjust their portfolios to make room for it, traders and fund managers say.

Weaving Tesla into the S&P 500 means shifting weightings of many other stocks to include the electric-vehicle maker. The addition also comes near the end of a year already marked by huge price swings during the coronavirus pandemic.

S&P still hasn't announced what stock Tesla will be replacing, saying it will release that decision after the market closes Dec. 11.
zag213004
AG
Jet Black said:

Hindenburg

It should be illegal.

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
OA : you've always had your pulse on ONTX pretty good. Got any thoughts? Is it one of its ten cents pumps then falls or any substance to this current climb up? (Ie will it pass .40 or .50 and sustain some)
McInnis 03
AG
If only we could determine which stock TSLA is replacing.

PUTSSSSSSSSSSS
wanderer
I posted about this earlier today, but it got buried pretty quickly.

Have a quick question about the wash sale rule.
  • If I sold my GOCO shares on 12/1/2020 at decent loss for 2020 loss harvesting reasons, then turned around and sold 1/15 puts on GOCO with the intent of getting assigned on 1/15, could I still claim the loss? It would be greater than 30 days, but I didn't know if selling the put in the meantime would violate the intent of the wash sale. Thoughts?
Aggie09Derek
AG
FEAC

Wow

What a move right before close and AH
I bleed maroon
AG
wanderer said:

I posted about this earlier today, but it got buried pretty quickly.

Have a quick question about the wash sale rule.
  • If I sold my GOCO shares on 12/1/2020 at decent loss for 2020 loss harvesting reasons, then turned around and sold 1/15 puts on GOCO with the intent of getting assigned on 1/15, could I still claim the loss? It would be greater than 30 days, but I didn't know if selling the put in the meantime would violate the intent of the wash sale. Thoughts?

I don't know this for sure, but I believe the options expiration date is irrelevant. The transaction date is what's meaningful for wash sales. I think the language involves reference to "substantially similar investments", which would seem like a real caution for you. Consult your tax advisor - but your broker should be able to answer this, as well.
mavsfan4ever
AG
oldarmy1 said:

This is dated November 13th and notice went out on the 12th so it shouldn't have any effect on the stock tmr correct? The effective date of the amendment is tmr or Wednesday, but I would think it would be baked into the price as soon as the notice went out on the 12th. Or am I missing something?
Esteban du Plantier
AG
McInnis 03 said:

If only we could determine which stock TSLA is replacing.

PUTSSSSSSSSSSS

Coty, Macy's, Xerox?

Finviz doesn't show Coty in S&P 500 any more, but I can't find anything about it being dropped.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I bought 3150 calls when I saw it reclaim 3140. I'm holding for now.

Quite possible I bailed too early. I got uncomfortable and I bail whenever that happens. More interested in protecting gains if we get a sell off this week.
Red Rover
AG
Fightin2010 said:

Sure would seem that way
For those of you that were trading ONTX the past few months - are you buying more now with this increased volume? Or are you just holding your net free shares to see where this goes? I'm interested in this one if it takes off but am concerned that I'm buying at the top and it will simply cycle back down.
Brewmaster
AG
Brewmaster
AG
Red Rover said:

Fightin2010 said:

Sure would seem that way
For those of you that were trading ONTX the past few months - are you buying more now with this increased volume? Or are you just holding your net free shares to see where this goes? I'm interested in this one if it takes off but am concerned that I'm buying at the top and it will simply cycle back down.
If I bought more it would've been earlier in the day right when it took off, but I missed it. I have some shares, but I'll just watch it and set stops higher. Model T 50% retrace is around .65 (from the drop from $1) and the recent high in this boxed range was back in September at .43+. Maybe that helps with where to sell at, or just set stops higher (and let it rip).

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
What's with the after hours move?
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Red Rover said:

Fightin2010 said:

Sure would seem that way
No, I'm holding what I have. My guess is this is just a cycle, and we'll be back in the mid .20's again unless there's news that hasn't been broken yet.

Edit: or you could look at the post below me and ignore my inexperienced butt...
oldarmy1
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

OA : you've always had your pulse on ONTX pretty good. Got any thoughts? Is it one of its ten cents pumps then falls or any substance to this current climb up? (Ie will it pass .40 or .50 and sustain some)

I think with insiders buying this ends up at $1+ again.
astroaggie13
AG
Maximus_Meridius said:

Red Rover said:

Fightin2010 said:

Sure would seem that way
No, I'm holding what I have. My guess is this is just a cycle, and we'll be back in the mid .20's again unless there's news that hasn't been broken yet.

Edit: or you could look at the post below me and ignore my inexperienced butt...

Freaking LOL edit
Gig em Stros
McInnis 03
AG
Build it up to drop it down?
First Page Last Page
Page 2524 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.