Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,029,795 Views | 231617 Replies | Last: 53 min ago by Quacked
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Hypothetically, if you were up by twenty and your offense was playing poorly, would you throw three low probability middle / deep passes or try to burn off some of the clock?
Hypothetically if your QB was 11 for 34 would you stay keep throwing, not throw at all or try a few plays with QB2?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Bob Knights Paper Hands

Hypothetically, if you were up by twenty and your offense was playing poorly, would you throw three low probability middle / deep passes or try to burn off some of the clock?

Going off my trading last week I'd throw two 40+ yard hail Marys and then run a smoke draw with the rest of my MGNI calls.
FJ43
Tonight's game is eerily similar to my trades in RKT lately.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Madmarttigan
AG
Mond had premarket offering at half the share price
Spaceship
AG
$MOND is a highly volatile stock, some say irrational stock. I'm buying this dip, it will go red to green when you least expect it.
FJ43
On a good note I bought a few 32" curved, QHD,, 165 Hz, 2560x1440 resolution monitors today and revamped my trading desk set up. Time to get serious.

EVA3
AG
point being, and i've said this for years, that the hardest route to defend is a come-back when the CB's back is turned.

Almost every CB will have his back turned at some point when you are running a vertical route in man coverage.

When the receiver stops and comes back, he will almost ALWAYS have a huge advantage on the defender.

It's time we start using this a bit more.
Philip J Fry
AG
CB route only works when the ball is thrown at his hands.
badharambe
AG
ill be adding to my $swbi bag and if I can find any, some ammo. the protests probably arent over yet, this was France a few hours ago, apparently.

Rice and Fries
The French seem to like a good riot or demonstration every few months to remind them they are French.
Hendrix
AG
What's the boards thoughts on NIO? I'm undecided if I should hold through NIO day 1/9. Thinking about just riding what I have left and forgetting about it. On the other hand it's a Chinese EV company with the 4th highest market cap of car manufacturers and unaudited to my knowledge.
OasisMan
AG
NIO is audited by an American company, the same company who audits TSLA(PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP)

wondering if there will be a bit of a pull-back for NIO in the next day or so

but im very bullish on NIO by NIO-day
Hendrix
AG
Thanks for the audit clarification. Guess it's only a little over a month out. I'll set some limits to lock in profit if it dips. Ride whatever is left standing. Hopefully the whole position.
jwhitlock3
FJ43 said:

On a good note I bought a few 32" curved, QHD,, 165 Hz, 2560x1440 resolution monitors today and revamped my trading desk set up. Time to get serious.

Post pics! I love seeing desk/monitor setups! Currently running laptop and dual 27s but I'd really love to run dual 34s with maybe a third monitor on top. I ended up revamping my home office setup with my week off work, new crown molding, window trim, paint, new rug and some wallpaper for an accent. Looking forward to getting back into my zone this coming week, felt naked without my office to escape to.

Edit: also which monitors did you get? Debated getting a 49" with built in monitor KVM switch for desktop/work laptop. Currently running two company laptops (contract employee for second company) and its a pain switching things around.
bigtoneag
AG
They are audited by the Chinese affiliate of PWC...big difference. They also don't have the PCAOB breathing down their necks. If we have to put up with it all these Chinese companies should too.

All of that is kinda irrelevant as long as people are still willing to buy the stock.
McInnis 03
AG
Isn't December historically the month to put your money back in and watch it grow?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Isn't December historically the month to put your money back in and watch it grow?

Probably. Although nothing is normal.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Don't know how true these hold to form.

OasisMan
AG
bigtoneag said:

They are audited by the Chinese affiliate of PWC...big difference. They also don't have the PCAOB breathing down their necks.
thx
FJ43
jwhitlock3 said:

FJ43 said:

Post pics! I love seeing desk/monitor setups! Currently running laptop and dual 27s but I'd really love to run dual 34s with maybe a third monitor on top. I ended up revamping my home office setup with my week off work, new crown molding, window trim, paint, new rug and some wallpaper for an accent. Looking forward to getting back into my zone this coming week, felt naked without my office to escape to.

Edit: also which monitors did you get? Debated getting a 49" with built in monitor KVM switch for desktop/work laptop. Currently running two company laptops (contract employee for second company) and its a pain switching things around.

No problem I'll post a pic. I have a docking station that should deliver mid week then I can send a pic. I was running an LG 34" Ultrawide (splitting the screen) plus the laptop but switched to 2 of the Dell 32" curved, QHD,, 165 Hz, 2560x1440 resolution monitors. My son explained the difference I would see not stretching and having proportionate visual display pixel wise. Huge difference I never realized I was missing just in what is displayed on something like a position statement. Less scrolling to the bottom of the list. Also charts are much more crisp and whole. I can now split both curved screens creating 4 quadrants then on 2 I'll use the TOS flex grids detached and split.

Anyway My first step is to try those butted up to each other creating sort of a solid 1/4 moon. I'll try that but suspect I'll order the smaller matching flat panel to go between them creating me a wall of sort flat in center curved on edges. The rest is the usual wireless keyboard, mouse, speakers, etc. Nerd stuff for sure and I'm not a techie AT ALL. Just like using it.

ProgN

I have returned from banned camp!
FJ43
Prognightmare said:

I have returned from banned camp!
Welcome back! Let the games begin!

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
So, some thoughts, would love to hear what you all think:

• SPX / SPY - feels to me like we are at a critical time where we're either going to the land of 370-380 or we are going to revert to the mean. Mean on the weekly is SPY 338 and 354 on the daily. We're hanging out around +2 ATR on both and we are pretty far from the 8 and 21 on the weekly and daily. Doesn't mean it can't go higher, but we are getting close to needing a reversion
  • NEP - potential cup and handle, and in a squeeze. Energy could outperform in 2021
  • BYND - this is sort of a hilarious looking wedge. Can it hit $170? I will enter at an 8/21 EMA cross
  • PFPT - uptrend, and in a daily squeeze. Reclaimed 8, 21, and 34 on Friday. Potential C&H
  • KODK - don't laugh, but this might be in a breakout. I will probably not trade
  • V - unfilled gap between 203.50 and 201. May be buyable soon
  • AMZN - hoping for momentum here this week. It broke over it's trend line
  • NFLX - watching closely for upside, has reclaimed 8, 21, 89, and tested 34/55. Target $520
  • ADBE - could this be the beginning of a bearish abandoned baby?
  • WMT - consolidating. Maybe a call credit spread opportunity
$30,000 Millionaire
AG

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
For those of you that played $ALPP, you might want to look at $MSNVF (currently $.15/pps). It has a very very similar market cap to revenue look and could be getting ready to break out. Current MC is just $4.125mm and there's a case there the actual valuation could be around $100mm or about $3 pps.
McInnis 03
AG
I haven't done the homework yet but I've seen many mentions watching SBUX this coming week for a bullish breakout
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I haven't done the homework yet but I've seen many mentions watching SBUX this coming week for a bullish breakout
appears to have a wedge. Probably buyable on a break over $100.
TxAggie-12
AG
I was following this thread off and on for a few years but got away from it as work picked up. I started following this thread again in March/April. I wanted to say thanks to OA1 and others contributing to this thread. The trading ideas posted here have helped build my account back up from its low in April. My account was down 30% after the market dropped in Q1. It is up 270% since then. I could not have achieved those returns without this thread, so thanks again.

FJ43

Hard to ignore the volume spikes and gap up on KODK on the 25th. Yes retraced from that spike on Friday but seems to have found footing again. Will be interested to watch this one tomorrow. If it confirms $7.83ish I might give it a go. May have some room to about 10ish for resistance again.

Thanks for the heads up on it.

TxAggie-12
AG
OA1, I came across ticker RRD over the weekend. Does this chart fit your goal post requirements? It looks like it has created a base since March with increased volume and a handful of days with large volume spikes.

I tried to post the picture, but it keeps saying I am over the character count...Can someone help with posting the chart?
FJ43
TxAggie-12 said:

OA1, I came across ticker RRD over the weekend. Does this chart fit your goal post requirements? It looks like it has created a base since March with increased volume and a handful of days with large volume spikes.

I tried to post the picture, but it keeps saying I am over the character count...Can someone help with posting the chart?

Try using the insert/upload photo function that looks like a small monitor screen to the right of ability to bold, underline, etc. Upload a JPG file and you should be good to go. You may have to screen shot then save your screenshot as a JPG file first.

TxAggie-12
AG
Thanks. I'll try that.

backintexas2013
AG
BTC with a nice rebound. Wonder what MARA does tomorrow.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
RR Donnelly is a crap business. Maybe you can trade it. I wouldn't.
McInnis 03
AG
INFO buyout by S&P for $44B is going rumor

First Page Last Page
Page 2516 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.