Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,036,401 Views | 231639 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
I bleed maroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Engine10 said:

Well gents I made a big move for my sanity and peace of mind, took my gains and planted 1k net free shares of PLTR. It's been a hell of a ride from IPO. No doubt got a little lucky and caught a runner here, hoping these shares can serve as a pillar for continued strength going forward.

Thanks to OA and all on this thread for continued reinforcement of process! I plan to continue to donate any causes this thread deems worthy, it's the least I can do!

Time to crack a beer

Cheers - Right there with you, my friend! Cost basis of $9.50. It's been a nice run! I already bought some protective puts that are thankfully worthless.
Engine10
AG
I think they have great potential long term, and are an excellent buyout candidate down the road if they continue to build a strong moat in defense/gvmt contracts and growing corporate accounts.
gigemJTH12
AG
McInnis 03 said:

In the event you do not follow our dear Ranger222 on twitter.....

COST 90 c??? isnt that costco that trades over $300??
MavsAg
AG
Has to be 390
ag4123
Yeah cost basis of $8 and saw the volume kick up over the last few days. Originally planned for long term hold but like the idea of net free and not getting too greedy going all in
wanderer
supposed to read "390"
gigemJTH12
AG
MavsAg said:

Has to be 390
okay cool. I would love to follow him on these I will check in the morning.

wish I knew his entry

also...if someone only posts the month and no date, is it assumed its the last option date of the month?
FJ43
ag4123 said:

Yeah cost basis of $8 and saw the volume kick up over the last few days. Originally planned for long term hold but like the idea of net free and not getting too greedy going all in
Per OA Net Free = Building Wealth
Per McInnis Net Free = Lower Blood Pressure
Per FJ Net Free = Less Mistakes On My Part
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

Serious question:

Is there a good method to "resetting" your hedges? If you're buying longer term options as hedges, ie: spy puts, is there a rule of thumb as to when you cut bait and start that timer over again? I haven't quite got the hang of hedging right yet.
Wanted to give this a bump. Did anyone ever have any good suggestions how to attack this?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

wanderer
Typically when you refer to the month, it's the 3rd Friday of each month. In this case, it'd be 12/18.
FJ43
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

I'm trying to stay disciplined and not buy too much more until we get a bit of a sell off but I did break from that and picked up $PHUN. Let me know if anyone has any thoughts.

I'll take a stab.

The 6 month low was yesterday and did have some volume bump it today however volume is still well below the July/August periods. Maybe today's bump helps pick it back up but not sure since the last few similar it seems to have fallen back below the 8 & 21 EMA. Just me but I might have waited for a little more confirmation on day 2 or 3 if a reversal. The harder part for me right now is entering a trade on shares that doesn't have options to use as a hedge, protect my entry risk or maximize the possible return.

With that said it will probably sky rocket tomorrow while I sit on the sidelines.

badharambe
AG
Give me a gap up on $pltr to buy some puts pleaaseeeeeee
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
FJ43 said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

I'm trying to stay disciplined and not buy too much more until we get a bit of a sell off but I did break from that and picked up $PHUN. Let me know if anyone has any thoughts.

I'll take a stab.

The 6 month low was yesterday and did have some volume bump it today however volume is still well below the July/August periods. Maybe today's bump helps pick it back up but not sure since the last few similar it seems to have fallen back below the 8 & 21 EMA. Just me but I might have waited for a little more confirmation on day 2 or 3 if a reversal. The harder part for me right now is entering a trade on shares that doesn't have options to use as a hedge, protect my entry risk or maximize the possible return.

With that said it will probably sky rocket tomorrow while I sit on the sidelines.
Thanks FJ! Always appreciate it! I took a tiny position in it just to get my feet wet. Coffee money basically.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Thoughts?

Touchless
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Same question for the forum. What do you see?

Did we end up getting an answer on what you see on this OA? I know some ideas were thrown out, mostly that it's likely institutional buying when you a significant increase in volume like that, but wasn't sure. I may have missed it though. I struggle to understand what volume is telling me so something I'm trying to understand more.
McInnis 03
AG
I think you can play it back to 1200
FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Thoughts?

Looks to have retested that $1149ish resistance level today that it had about a week ago. If it confirms that tomorrow I think its good to about $1190ish. Also first time in about 10 days it looks to have reclaimed the 8 and almost the 21 day. Just my 2 cents.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
This is interesting. Wonder what happens overnight?

ClutchCityAg
What happened to NKLA after hours??
Let it ride
khaos288
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

What happened to NKLA after hours??

Must have lost the bid on their next driveway job
Rice and Fries
Negative. The CEO was on with jimmy Cramer and must have said something unsettling.
aggies4life
AG
Anyone find out why psnl dropped the last 2 days?
khaos288
AG
Rice and Fries said:

Negative. The CEO was on with jimmy Cramer and must have said something unsettling.

Sorry that's a joke about how their income for q3 I believe was listed as xyz$ and it was for a concrete job they got for a driveway.
Engine10
AG
Keeping an eye on AMZN tomorrow - lots of chatter out there on opportunity to break out w/ SPX running higher and Black Friday approaching
FJ43

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-addressing-threat-securities-investments-finance-communist-chinese-military-companies/

Didn't search to see if this link was posted in this thread or on the Board.

Just a heads up.

Invest accordingly.

SIAP
tlepoC
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-addressing-threat-securities-investments-finance-communist-chinese-military-companies/

Didn't search to see if this link was posted in this thread or on the Board.

Just a heads up.

Invest accordingly.

SIAP

Thanks for sharing. I don't think this group has posted before. The real question is if anyone can dig up whether momo, jd, or nio could fall under the classification of "Communist Chinese military company"
Brewmaster
AG

This is interesting. Wonder what happens overnight?

Gap up overnight, hit new ATH's on S&P tomorrow, then at noon sell off before Turkey day. There was a post by Adam Mancini suggesting Thanksgiving week is usually a strong one. I have quite a few calls overnight, but will sell most if not all tomorrow morning.

I think political headlines will be the next excuse for a market pullback or dump.
Brewmaster
AG

Thoughts?

Yeah what McInnis said... the top of the box, I get 1199. This is 2H candles... some of which topped out at 1195, just fyi. and man, why not do a split! Had no idea this was autozone.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I like it. Want to see how AZO performs against SPX. I will do this trade with shares.
OutlawAG04
First post and wanted to send a big thank you to everyone that offers advice to the Ag Community to improve our performance in the market. Big shout out to OA1, FJ43, ProNightmare, McMinnis 03, $30,000 Millionaire and many more! Hope to contribute to the group!

MARA Question- Recently sold March covered calls at $9 against my remaining shares and have brought my cost average down to $0.53 per share (credit to OA1 on net free strategy). Trying to go net free and let this ride so I was simply trying to take advantage of the uptick this week and may look to pull back some calls if MARA dips again (which would increase my cost average again until I sold more covered calls or just sold some shares to go net free). That seems to be the same approach with others on the board to go net free, but I saw OA1 and other talking about collars to lock in at $4 or $5 Puts. Any thoughts?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I think you have to decide if you want to keep the shares long term or if you want to sell at a guaranteed $4. I'd personally sell at a guaranteed 4 with the collar because you can always buy back in cheaper.
FJ43
Shout out to McInnis on the tip to enable Advanced Features on TOS via TDA. All up on my end now and that ability to create sub groups, split off Net Free, Covered Positions, see all accounts with one click, etc. sure makes it nice.

For those on TOS if you haven't done that yet are are a Net Free convert may be worth a few minutes to look into it.

J_Landes89
AG
MGNI $$$$$$$$$$$$
FJ43
LUMN - May play this today. If it breaks the $11 area and can hold could have some room to $15 maybe? Has a good options chain. Thoughts?

5 Day / 10Min

1 Year / 1 Week

First Page Last Page
Page 2502 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.