Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,036,477 Views | 231639 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
ClutchCityAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So happy Stewie is back!
Let it ride
E
AG
OA, are you still in those NVDA puts?
wanderer
BobFriend13 said:

oldarmy1 said:

wanderer said:

This sounds CRAZY to say, but am I going to regret selling a bunch of March covered calls for MARA @ $9 for $1.30??

Stock is up to $4.50+ today
Pretty soon you'll be able to buy the March $4 Puts using that $1.30 premium and have a no way to lose trade. I do it on big runners sometimes and this would be one. You wanna give me a net $9 exit with a guaranteed lock of $4 against $2.27 average entry out to March? Yeah! I'll take that.

There are so many words in this I don't yet understand but I will.
I'll try....hopefully I don't butcher it too bad.

If you own shares, you can sell covered shares against those calls. For example, March '21 $9 calls were/are being sold (for ~$1.30) against every 100 shares owned. OA is saying that as the stock continues to increase, you'll be able to buy March $4 puts for ~$1.30 (currently $1.75). Once you have this locked in, you're guaranteed not to loose a dollar.

If the stock is above $9 in March you'll lose your shares that you sold against, but it'll be at an effective price of $10.30 ($9 + $1.30 premium received). If the stock goes to $8.99 you still get to keep all your shares (and the premium sold). If it goes way down, you're protected by the $4p that you bought against the average entry price of your shares. The $2.27 price looks to be OA's avg entry (mine is higher).
McInnis 03
AG
Nailed it
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
59 South
AG
Stewie is nails AF
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Man, I wish we had a thread just to post low point accumulation plays. Would have helped a lot of people on things like $MARA and $ALPP.

On MGNI I am thinking of cashing out one of my calls. My March 21, $10. I'd still have my March 21, $7 but perhaps I should hedge some by taking the profits from the $10 one right now. Its up 27%.
McInnis 03
AG
I <3 him
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
59 South
AG
NIO is absurd. I've always wanted to be in something that goes log scale parabolic.
topher06
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Man, I wish we had a thread just to post low point accumulation plays. Would have helped a lot of people on things like $MARA and $ALPP.

On MGNI I am thinking of cashing out one of my calls. My March 21, $10. I'd still have my March 21, $7 but perhaps I should hedge some by taking the profits from the $10 one right now. Its up 27%.
I'd roll the $7 if it is still liquid.
59 South
AG
I'm pretty convinced one could low stress swing trade a few times a month to a healthy living by just following him and subscribing to Hidden Pivots. Maybe throw in a Cheddar Flow sub just to not get bored with it.
I bleed maroon
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

FJ43 said:

Anyone riding PLUG? Alerts went off on Cheddar Flow for Options
I am playing the weekly 26 calls, swinging overnight
Limit Order placed this morning for June $18 protective puts. Riding a 92-bagger now on my shares.
topher06
Wish FUBO had December $35C, would cover up another leg of my shares at that price. Not interested in covering another leg at $30.
Carlo4
AG
59 South said:

NIO is absurd. I've always wanted to be in something that goes log scale parabolic.
When that's the case, isn't it most likely going to arrive back down where it started eventually?
ClutchCityAg
59 South said:

I'm pretty convinced one could low stress swing trade a few times a month to a healthy living by just following him and subscribing to Hidden Pivots. Maybe throw in a Cheddar Flow sub just to not get bored with it.
Which HP subscription do you use?
Let it ride
oldarmy1
AG
NBAC jumped on volume
HoustonAg2014
AG
Do we think Amazon is setting up nice for a $4k run or no? I see it's been consolidating for 5 months and looks like $3k is a nice base but would love some thoughts.
BrokeAssAggie
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I missed MSFT entry. Damn it.
Coachbro20
oldarmy1 said:

wanderer said:

This sounds CRAZY to say, but am I going to regret selling a bunch of March covered calls for MARA @ $9 for $1.30??

Stock is up to $4.50+ today
Pretty soon you'll be able to buy the March $4 Puts using that $1.30 premium and have a no way to lose trade. I do it on big runners sometimes and this would be one. You wanna give me a net $9 exit with a guaranteed lock of $4 against $2.27 average entry out to March? Yeah! I'll take that.

Ok so I have the covered calls for 12/18 @ $4 for $86 and the 12/18 @ $5 for $66. If the price keeps rising, are y'all suggesting the $4 and $5 puts for the same strike date and about the same premium?
FJ43
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Brewmaster
AG
gougler08 said:

ClutchCityAg said:

NIO 54!!!

What's the hash tag for sold way too early
where she headed, close to 60? I guess if it clears 54 and holds.

fib levels: 54.50, then 59.
McInnis 03
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I missed MSFT entry. Damn it.
(Only doing this to $30K because I miss a ton of his moves, so I might as well smile that I got one on him)

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
NIO premiums are SICK. I just rolled my CC's for this week's $54 into the DEC18 65's for a $1 credit.

B&I Key:
0708aggie
AG
how do you do this?

Basically selling your calls and re- buying?
gougler08
AG
What happened to PSNL, broke out of the wedge and now getting shorted to hell
McInnis 03
AG
0708aggie said:

how do you do this?

Basically selling your calls and re- buying?
Indeed; however, in ThinkorSwim I can choose "create a rolling order" on existing positions so it handles the purchase/sale as 1 transaction and works on the dollar difference instead of needing to have the capital on hand.

So if you had a short covered call at $10 and you wanted to buy it back, you need $1000. But if you do a rolling order and the next one you want to sell is $9, you would only need to have $100 on hand, or vice versa, if you want to sell for credit as in the new one to sell is $12, you need NO capital and the transaction, once complete, credits you $2.

B&I Key:
TriumphForks
AG
OSTK having a day.
McInnis 03
AG
Serious question:

Is there a good method to "resetting" your hedges? If you're buying longer term options as hedges, ie: spy puts, is there a rule of thumb as to when you cut bait and start that timer over again? I haven't quite got the hang of hedging right yet.

B&I Key:
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
NRD09 said:

Mvis pumped hard into the close, wonder if things are happening

Definitely seems like things are happening!
ClutchCityAg
McInnis 03 said:

Serious question:

Is there a good method to "resetting" your hedges? If you're buying longer term options as hedges, ie: spy puts, is there a rule of thumb as to when you cut bait and start that timer over again? I haven't quite got the hang of hedging right yet.
+1 on this. Wondering what to do with my SPXS hedges.
Let it ride
frankm01
khaos288 said:

Didn't you hear? OA is buying us a ranch near college station so we can have Bull Scouts of America campouts during the summer and football season.
Model T Ranch
Running with the Bulls
NET with a nice dip and recovery
FJ43
PEIX - Maybe keep an eye on this. Trying to break the purple line which is the Fib level retracement. See volume also. Month/Day & Day/Hour below.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Engine10
AG
frankm01 said:

khaos288 said:

Didn't you hear? OA is buying us a ranch near college station so we can have Bull Scouts of America campouts during the summer and football season.
Model T Ranch

Wow. So it is written, so it shall be done.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
FJ43 said:

I'm still adding.
First Page Last Page
Page 2489 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.