Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,039,804 Views | 231646 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by spud1910
cptthunder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FJ43 said:

cptthunder said:

I looked at this late Friday as I was winding down for the week and saw that IDEX had a big jump and is continuing Pre-Market. Im thinking of playing this using one of OAs covered call strategies by either selling covered calls out until April or so that should put the entry price just under $1 based on premiuims from friday.
Is this a terrible idea?
Do you own these shares already meaning selling covered calls?
Either selling the calls and then watching the stock for a pull back and then purchasing shares or selling a put
Im trying to see how premiuim looks first on both
0708aggie
AG
I am. $45 12/18 calls.

No trades yet though so I cant see option value.
FJ43
cptthunder said:

FJ43 said:

cptthunder said:

I looked at this late Friday as I was winding down for the week and saw that IDEX had a big jump and is continuing Pre-Market. Im thinking of playing this using one of OAs covered call strategies by either selling covered calls out until April or so that should put the entry price just under $1 based on premiuims from friday.
Is this a terrible idea?
Either selling the calls and then watching the stock for a pull back and then purchasing shares or selling a put
Im trying to see how premiuim looks first on both

Read too quickly. Given this was below $1 a week ago I would do that and reduce your costs basis below that $1 and lock in profits if you get called out.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

BrokeAssAggie
McInnis 03 said:

SNAP 47, y'all still in that one??
I think most got out of the calls last week.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
And $ALPP once again......
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

ROKU 270, good grief. I have a 250c expiring this Friday................decisions decisions.
Rolled up and rolled out. I'm hoping y'alls $300 prediction by EOY is $$$$$

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Running with the Bulls
MGNI over $16... wow!
McInnis 03
AG
Running with the Bulls said:

MGNI over $16... wow!
And OA holds a majority stake.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
FJ43
Running with the Bulls said:

MGNI over $16... wow!
#SHBM
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

59 South
AG
AMD breaking out over 86.
Knife Wrench
AG
Any thoughts on MOMO 12/24 $16c's?

Wasn't able to go net-free a couple weeks ago on the spike over $16. Now sitting below $15 on what looks like a descending channel since the $16 spike
McInnis 03
AG
PYPL, couple of nice green candles on the 10, REALLY nice 30 min green.

B&I Key:
FJ43
Sold MARA 1/15 $6c for $0.95. Get it while you can boys....

FJ43
EBAY

tlepoC
AG
VALE is finally doing something
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I managed to get one scale into PYPL before it rocketed. In PSNL.
wanderer
FJ43 said:

I went with some March $9c for $1.20
McInnis 03
AG
Rolled SDC Jan 11C's to APR 14C's for a small credit.

B&I Key:
FJ43
wanderer said:

FJ43 said:

I went with some March $9c for $1.20
Even better. Too late for me or I would have done the same.

astroaggie13
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I managed to get one scale into PYPL before it rocketed. In PSNL.
Nice - I got in on the SQ ATH breakout, hope both of these being watched this morning take off for us.
Gig em Stros
FJ43
MOMO wrong way

Ragoo
AG
Watching peloton
trip98
AG
okay so on Friday I saw OA's posts about using MARA as great entrance to trading. This would be my first dip. Unfortunatley I saw it 10 minutes prior to close and it was at 3.40 and didn't get order in ontime.
here is my plan....even with it being 4.15 right now.
buy 200 shares....sell 1 call....probably Dec 18th 6 call for 0.55. Here's my thinking...
If I get called out then I'm getting 1.85 per share plus the .55 for total of $2.40 or 57% return.....not too shabby!
or if I don't get called out my net price is now down to $3.60 per share

sound like decent idea for my first foray?
oldarmy1
AG
$1.25 for a MARA March $9 call? That's crazy. Only 1 shown at the bid. Someone wanting a covered call should hit that with larger number and if it fills buy shares.
FJ43
GE over $10

Net Free on the 1/15 10c - She is free to go as high as she wants now.

Running with the Bulls
WDC flirting with $44
wanderer
oldarmy1 said:

$1.25 for a MARA March $9 call? That's crazy. Only 1 shown at the bid. Someone wanting a covered call should hit that with larger number and if it fills buy shares.
I've been getting filled for $1.25 over the last ~5min. Have only sold 6 of them
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

On $ALPP.

Something to think about, but I'm really not sure if it means anything at all. (In fact, it probably does not).

Last Nov 1, 2019 it also shot up to .24. Then the following Monday it went to .43. Again, take that with a grain of salt but it would be wild if history repeated itself.

Just bumping this as its mid .30s now so wondering if this might actually play out. In case any of you wana look at it and see if you're comfortable getting in for a few pennies.
gougler08
AG
Knife Wrench said:

Wasn't able to go net-free a couple weeks ago on the spike over $16. Now sitting below $15 on what looks like a descending channel since the $16 spike

I actually read it the other way, slowly ascending channel on the daily since October and we are at/near the bottom here
FJ43

On $ALPP.

Something to think about, but I'm really not sure if it means anything at all. (In fact, it probably does not).

Last Nov 1, 2019 it also shot up to .24. Then the following Monday it went to .43. Again, take that with a grain of salt but it would be wild if history repeated itself.

Just bumping this as its mid .30s now so wondering if this might actually play out. In case any of you wana look at it and see if you're comfortable getting in for a few pennies.
I will play a little on a pullback today. Read they just completed their first milestone with their USAF contract. Could lead to more of them if they are performing.

jeromePOWell
AG
SDC Net Free Homies - I'm looking to exit the position today, think we're approaching theta decay territory on these 1/15 11C's and December tends to be a boring month for the markets.

Going to watch through mid morning till NY goes to lunch, curious of other peoples plans though
spud1910
AG
oldarmy1 said:

$360 SPY would be the easy money bullish mark today above $357.50 after first 30 minutes. $354 would be downside trigger, for some real selling action. Bulls have the ball into the open.
Still like this one OA?
tailgatetimer10
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Rolled SDC Jan 11C's to APR 14C's for a small credit.

Is this the consensus on what to do with these? I'm up well over 200% and am already net free. A lot of time on these boys.
TecRecAg
AG
$5.8M just came in on Dec 31 TSLA 630C.. Aggressive.
astroaggie13
AG
gougler08 said:

Knife Wrench said:

I actually read it the other way, slowly ascending channel on the daily since October and we are at/near the bottom here
Agreed - we're on a lower support ascending trendline right now. I am not selling at this line unless we fall through. Each time its come at or near this line its bounced back to a higher high. To draw yourself, channel hit the low on 9/30/20 and has been increasing since.
Gig em Stros
First Page Last Page
Page 2485 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.