Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,033,830 Views | 231628 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by ProgN
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FrioAg 00 said:

Of all online sales, Amazon share is 49%

Next up are EBay, Apple and Walmart with a combined 14%

Sadly stuff shows up at this household multiple times a week we don't even remember what it is or what we ordered it's so frequent for us via Amazon. Things we need but it's common to just easily buy things via Amazon from the couch.

However I love spending local as much as I can especially the small business owners even if it costs more.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
FJ43 said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

Carlo4 said:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/techs-influence-over-markets-eclipses-dot-com-bubble-peak-11602894413

Tech now 40% of entire market and has eclipsed dot com bubble. Wow

That dot com bubble was a complete farce. This time it's different.
Tech is an even greater part of everyday life now. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see that % grow over time.

I'll agree with that. The difference is the tech companies are vertically integrated with industrial, logistics, communications, etc. I still think we'll have some roadblock along the way whether it's government intervention, comoetion, or some unforeseen market response. That said my biggest 4 holdings are tech companies.
FJ43
Don't know about y'all but I'm ready for the markets to open and get this thread humming again.
Phat32
AG
Did you say hummer? It's Saturday after all.
FJ43
My favorite thread by far on TA. Hell of a group all helping each other succeed.
azul_rain
Is this board still bullish with the election ?
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
FrioAg 00
AG
I'm seeing it at very near 50/50.

I think Trump will lose Penn, so he has to win Arizona, Wisconsin and Michigan.

He seems to have a slight lead in Michigan, but perhaps slightly down in the other two.

I'd give Biden maybe an edge between 55/45 and 60/40
FJ43
In terms of the markets I'd say cautious. Some cash building on the side lines, some hedges, value shopping, trading, etc. Not sure I'd say bullish up to the election.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Lots of earnings this week, McFly.
FJ43
If MBIO has a good conference on Friday it'll make my day.
Brewmaster
AG
FrioAg 00 said:

He seems to have a slight lead in Michigan, but perhaps slightly down in the other two.

I'd caution anyone in believing early poll results. This one might not even be close. Most of the media is pro Biden. Hillary was a done deal according to them 4 years ago.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I voted yesterday. Nearly everyone voting around me was a dem. They were cheering Biden poll greeting people, taking photos with them, wearing shirts, stickers (no big red), and so on. Small sample size and alarming nonetheless.
khaos288
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I voted yesterday. Nearly everyone voting around me was a dem. They were cheering Biden poll greeting people, taking photos with them, wearing shirts, stickers (no big red), and so on. Small sample size and alarming nonetheless.

You must not be in the mckinney suburbs. All red hats here
Boat Shoes
AG
khaos288 said:

Based on his username he's probably Dallas proper. My East Dallas neighborhood has a large amount of Biden signs. You might find one Trump sign per street, if that.
ProgN

You should have asked them if they liked their 401Ks, You did see that thread about Dems wanting to tax the employer contributions didn't you? They do that, employers will no longer match 401Ks.

ETA: That would also be a yuge drag on the markets.
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/18/pelosi-sets-48-hour-deadline-to-reach-coronavirus-stimulus-deal-before-election.html
Quote:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has called on the Trump administration to reconcile remaining disputes on coronavirus stimulus legislation within 48 hours as lawmakers attempt to pass a bill before the 2020 election.

Pelosi set the 48-hour deadline on negotiations after speaking with Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin on Saturday night for more than an hour. They agreed to speak again on Monday.

In an interview on ABC News on Sunday, Pelosi said the deadline applies to lawmakers' ability to get a deal done before the Nov. 3 election. The speaker said she's optimistic about negotiations but that the outcome ultimately depends on the White House.

"The 48 only relates to if we want to get it done before the election, which we do," Pelosi said. "We're saying to them, we have to freeze the design on some of these things are we going with it or not and what is the language? I'm optimistic, because again we've been back and forth on all this."

Stimulus talks have dragged on for months even as the coronavirus spreads across the U.S. and millions of Americans remain unemployed.

Pelosi and Mnuchin have made some progress in their negotiations, with the most recent call last night resulting in "some encouraging news on testing," according to Pelosi's deputy chief of staff Drew Hammill.

The two still have differences on a comprehensive plan for Covid-19 testing, contact tracing and "measures to address the virus' disproportionate impact on communities of color," Hammill said.
FrioAg 00
AG
I think there are far too many smart people on TexAgs who are underestimating how stupid the majority of voters are.

Trump won In 2016 due to complacency on the part of Clinton's side who truly believed it was in the bag. Extremely low turnout among minorities and young people was why polls got it so wrong.

In 2020 the left is enthusiastic, not about Joe but about Not Trump. They are eager to cast their vote against him becuase they have absolutely bought everything the media has told them for four years.

I can't name a single person who has changed who they'd vote for over the last year. I also can't name many who sit out for Trump in 2016 who will vote for him now. But I can name several who didn't bother to vote in 2016 and have already voted this year.
Hendrix
AG
What are the best Biden stocks to own?
FJ43

Voted Friday here in Knoxville TN. The opposite here with the majority Trump flags, signs, etc.
FJ43
BREwmaster said:

FrioAg 00 said:

I'd caution anyone in believing early poll results. This one might not even be close. Most of the media is pro Biden. Hillary was a done deal according to them 4 years ago.

This. I don't believe polls or the media at all any longer. Just vote and let the chips fall where they may.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
khaos288 said:

Lakewood in Dallas.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
No need to get me riled up on taxes. It pisses me off when people say I don't pay a fair share. It varies on the year / capital gains / percentage, nonetheless, I have paid an executive's salary in federal taxes every year for a lot of years.

by the way, you cupcakes ready for some downward action in the NQ?

BrokeAssAggie

khaos288 said:

Lakewood in Dallas.

HP is loaded with Trump signs.
khkman22
AG
RSP715 said:

Any China company.
Beerosch
AG
RSP715 said:

Adult diapers
BrokeAssAggie
Bulldog73
AG
Dammit, now we know it won't happen.
Square Pair
AG
Trump 2020! I won't lie - I'm worried af. Joe is just the puppet/muppet...Kamala will be running things.
Brewmaster
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

Ha! sounds like she loaded calls Friday afternoon.
Brewmaster
AG
Adam's levels... we need a bounce in the a.m. I'm hoping to see futures do the same.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I think SPX up, NDX down
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
So did I!
thirdcoast
AG
Brewmaster
AG

I think SPX up, NDX down
hope so! I'm with NRD09, long a bunch of calls, but I'm also short SQQQ (small position at the moment).
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
futures opened green (what else is new). Stimulus optimism!
First Page Last Page
Page 2343 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.