Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,033,794 Views | 231628 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by ProgN
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SoTXAg09 said:

Thoughts on Ripster?
He's not a bad follow, but to me he's just another person telling others what to do. There is nothing that you really gain from him if you don't take the time to understand and learn technical analysis. People buy what he says and hope he's right. Mancini isn't telling you what to do. He's stating levels for both sides.
ClutchCityAg
Agreed. Ripster's charts have been really helpful for me learning what to look for in potential breakout moves. And he posts some good general advice.
Let it ride
ClutchCityAg
Let it ride
Brewmaster
AG
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
NRD09 said:

Goco...we gonna close at 12.49 allowing put sellers to accumulate before we start running up to earnings?

Guess not. Bought some $15 November calls though
FJ43
GOCO hit a low today with a flash to $12.02 at the close. Didn't have any GTC orders set to catch that.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

ClutchCityAg
Well.. glad this week is over. Time to enjoy a margarita and watch the Stros make history.

Everyone enjoy their weekend and BTHO Mississippi State!
Let it ride
E
AG
Damn! I was gone all day at a scramble tournament with no cell service... wth happened to our RKT calls?? Are we bailing on them?
Aggies1322
AG
E said:

Damn! I was gone all day at a scramble tournament with no cell service... wth happened to our RKT calls?? Are we bailing on them?

I'm still holding... but im not an expert
FJ43
Why the sell off in OSTK? $76.65 now AH
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

ProgN
FYI, the press has been trumpeting the meteoric rise in covid cases in the US and Europe all day and will gain momentum over the weekend. They're also emphasizing the numbers of new cases in the eu. This is all political theater 2 weeks before the election. Pelosi will not pass a stimulus now, more than likely. Just don't get paranoid regarding your stock holdings. Your option positions will be more susceptible to emotions and I have no opinion on those.
Brewmaster
AG
FJ43 said:

just weak hands with the market sell off, also remember AH it sometimes doesn't take much to move a ticker.

You may have 1 or 2 more weeks of consolidation in OSTK before it really rips. Nov. 10th is earnings, safe bet they will blow the doors off it (similar to AMZN).
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
So, just under 3% for the week, I'll take it.

Also, bearish close, mofuzkz.
FJ43
BREwmaster said:

FJ43 said:

just weak hands with the market sell off, also remember AH it sometimes doesn't take much to move a ticker.

You may have 1 or 2 more weeks of consolidation in OSTK before it really rips. Nov. 10th is earnings, safe bet they will blow the doors off it (similar to AMZN).

I'm gonna buy the crap out of Monday if these levels hold. It's was selling off before the close. I'm long on it anyway.

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
FJ43 said:

I'm still a newbie on all this but I've had a couple of people I trust look at my DD for OSTK and they feel like I was pretty solid on it. Now, you know my position on telling others what to buy BUT :

$2.2B expected revenue minimum, (perhaps as much as $3B) and a current MC of $3.3B would seem to indicate this is pretty undervalued. Just based on 2.5Xs earnings you'd think this is a $5.5B valuation. At 5Xs you'd be looking at $11B valuation, not including some valuable proprietary holdings as well.

Seems grossly undervalued. That said, the market does really weird irrational things so who knows.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
FJ43 said:

BREwmaster said:

FJ43 said:

I'm gonna buy the crap out of Monday if these levels hold. It's was selling off before the close. I'm long on it anyway.
This is a gift IMO. I may buy 1,000 75/70 put credit spreads.
Engine10
AG
Amazon did something clever here - rolled the delayed Prime Day sale into a Holiday sale. Even if Prime day numbers are weaker than expected, this will be another shot in the arm.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/amazon-rolls-prime-day-holiday-202352145.html
59 South
AG
Been looking for my OSTK long entry. Next week might be it. 450+% in NIO and ROKU might need some profit taking rebalance. We'll see...
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
ProgN
59 South said:

Been looking for my OSTK long entry. Next week might be it. 450+% in NIO and ROKU might need some profit taking rebalance. We'll see...
You're up pretty late mate, pour a pint whilst you seduce your lady.

The markets and us will be here on Monday morn.
Swollen Thumb
AG
FJ43 said:

GOCO hit a low today with a flash to $12.02 at the close. Didn't have any GTC orders set to catch that.
I averaged down again today on the first tip below $12.20 this morning. I've been accumulating over the past few weeks on the way down from 15 so have a bigger position than I originally intended so will need to sit tight from here out and see what happens. Q4 is the key, but hoping for a solid Q3 ER with positive guidance to get a little momentum going.
BrokeAssAggie
I took it to the nuts this week. Praying for an Aggie win and the Ms. feeling frisky this weekend.

Have a great weekend gents!
Spaceship
AG
What the heck happened to AMZN at the close?
thirdcoast
AG
Aggies1322 said:

E said:

I'm still holding... but im not an expert

I'm still holding some Oct 30 $21 calls that went from green to red this week. I think couple pages back OA mentioned he wasn't worried....prob has a decent amount of time to let the setup play out. I will prob get stopped out right before a breakout.

I'm little bit worried on something that looks so obvious to have much more upside than downside right now. Basically a tech play that ran up into earnings beat last qtr, then cratered, and expected to have strong earnings again Nov 20ish.

GL longs!

WoMD
Swollen Thumb said:

FJ43 said:

I averaged down again today on the first tip below $12.20 this morning. I've been accumulating over the past few weeks on the way down from 15 so have a bigger position than I originally intended so will need to sit tight from here out and see what happens. Q4 is the key, but hoping for a solid Q3 ER with positive guidance to get a little momentum going.

I did the same, but put way too much from 21 down to the 14s, then realized how much I had put in because of all the enthusiasm about it, which was way too much for something like this. Had to sit out and watch it keep going and going, but might start buying more with how far it's gone.
Waiting to sub 10 still. Sadly, my previous sarcastic post about that is a genuine possibility...
trip98
AG
Been following thread for a while but missed the deal on GOCO
What's story here?
I'm not an option player.. yet... might follow advice few pages ago to dip my to into. Pretty much a buy and hold for long term.
ProgN
OA is familiar with the company and if IIRC, he does business with them. He's maintained its a 4th qtr play. Maybe he'll see this post and give you more information on it.
MaroonDynasty
EHTH earmings next week could give a peak into what we should expect with GOCO.
59 South
AG
Ha! I just can't quit you guys and making good ole greenback.

The missus was already asleep, and I was bored and waiting for the Stros game to start. I didn't even make it long enough to see the first pitch. On the bright side, I should be rested up for the Ags game!
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
Engine10
AG
Spaceship said:

What the heck happened to AMZN at the close?
Dumps right along with SPY, spikes with it too. Just a Friday selloff, they'll be back next week.

My forward 2c: Has already absorbed "hard to get stimulus done before election" news and now has Prime Day swing behind it too. Extended sales into "Holiday Dash" event to boost further. Earnings approaches at 10/29 and expecting a multi % surge into that.

I'm expecting a sell off post earnings though - that was common pre-Corona and the election is 5 days after. Should be another opportunity after the election settles, likely a package gets done then
Carlo4
AG
https://www.wsj.com/articles/techs-influence-over-markets-eclipses-dot-com-bubble-peak-11602894413

Tech now 40% of entire market and has eclipsed dot com bubble. Wow
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Carlo4 said:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/techs-influence-over-markets-eclipses-dot-com-bubble-peak-11602894413

That dot com bubble was a complete farce. This time it's different.
FJ43
Bob Knights Liver said:

Carlo4 said:

That dot com bubble was a complete farce. This time it's different.
Tech is an even greater part of everyday life now. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see that % grow over time.
FrioAg 00
AG
Yup, counting Amazon, Google, Apple, Microsoft all as "tech" and comparing them to all the flops of the Tech Bubble is off base

These companies are very real, have clearly definite value propositions, and very high growth rates.

If anything many of the tech blue chips are undervalued.
FJ43
FrioAg 00 said:

Yup, counting Amazon, Google, Apple, Microsoft all as "tech" and comparing them to all the flops of the Tech Bubble is off base

These companies are very real, have clearly definite value propositions, and very high growth rates.

If anything many of the tech blue chips are undervalued.
Is there a more simple, efficient and easier to spend money consumer product focused company? I'm in the camp Amazon will rule the world one day.
FrioAg 00
AG
Of all online sales, Amazon share is 49%

Next up are EBay, Apple and Walmart with a combined 14%
First Page Last Page
Page 2342 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.