Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,038,282 Views | 231641 Replies | Last: 20 min ago by ProgN
BT1395
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BT1395 said:

Just bought AMZN $3,300 for 10/23 expiry (one day after earnings which should be a blow out). Big trade for my little account!

Someone hold me.

Need help on this from you smart people, please...

Up $9,500 on this - which is a lot of money for me in one options trade - and want to consider some sort of hedge while I let the call option rise through earnings. I bought it because I think Prime Day and earnings will be blow outs, so happy to go until expiration if that's the best play, but also don't want to be a moron and leave all the gains vulnerable to going to zero if there's a smart way to play that. Thoughts?
oldarmy1
AG
PINS tweeted to close out on that push towards $46
oldarmy1
AG
NET.....if you sold some and held some weeeeeeeeeeeee
Rice and Fries
BT1395 said:

BT1395 said:

Just bought AMZN $3,300 for 10/23 expiry (one day after earnings which should be a blow out). Big trade for my little account!

Someone hold me.

Up $9,500 on this - which is a lot of money for me in one options trade - and want to consider some sort of hedge while I let the call option rise through earnings. I bought it because I think Prime Day and earnings will be blow outs, so happy to go until expiration if that's the best play, but also don't want to be a moron and leave all the gains vulnerable to going to zero if there's a smart way to play that. Thoughts?

Set a trailing stop loss. Or just sell and take gains.
Ragoo
AG
BT1395 said:

BT1395 said:

Someone hold me.

sell a higher striker into a vertical. Pulls some cash, preferably some profit too and leaves at least some upside.
McInnis 03
AG
too late to get on $ED?
ProgN
BT1395 said:

BT1395 said:

Someone hold me.

I'd sell it and book the profits and then just buy a higher strike and see if you can double dip on Prime/earnings. You would absolutely drink yourself to death if a plane hit Freedom tower and that bad boy went to zero.

Damn good trade though
oldarmy1
AG
MARA

All added buys on this one know I sold December $2.50 covered calls for $0.60 giving a clean $1.43 profit or reducing those added holdings by $0.60. That's a win!
McInnis 03
AG
BT1395 said:

BT1395 said:

Someone hold me.

Take off the risk by as much as you want in selling a call above what your strike is. You can leave the trade on in the form of a vertical call spread but you can bring back in the premium on the sold strike so you can have some comfort knowing you're not going to zero.
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Out of most this morning - AMZN, AAPL. Hit my weekly target. Beware green-red.
yep. VIX, TLT and SPY all rising... not good for equities.
spud1910
AG
Prognightmare said:

AgShaun00 said:

McInnis 03 said:

No. He does have a discord channel he participates in, but it is free. He's unique in his ability to pick and the fact that he gives the info free
discord was a hard follow for me. any tips to reduce the noise in it?
Stop being a ***** and jump into the mosh pit.

J/K
Do you need an invite for ripster's discord channel?
McInnis 03
AG
spud1910 said:

Prognightmare said:

AgShaun00 said:

McInnis 03 said:

No. He does have a discord channel he participates in, but it is free. He's unique in his ability to pick and the fact that he gives the info free
Stop being a ***** and jump into the mosh pit.

J/K
Do you need an invite for ripster's discord channel?
No, the link is in his twitter header
McInnis 03
AG

oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

BT1395 said:

BT1395 said:

Someone hold me.

I'd sell it and book the profits and then just buy a higher strike and see if you can double dip on Prime/earnings. You would absolutely drink yourself to death if a plane hit Freedom tower and that bad boy went to zero.

Damn good trade though

When building your capital this is the correct approach. You caught a flyer and had good reasoning behind the risk taken. Markets underpinned the gains and could easily sell the news of great earnings. You have a significant win on a smaller account. Take it and don't overtrade in the euphoria. In fact, I'd book it and log out for the day.
Brewmaster
AG
BT1395 said:

BT1395 said:

Someone hold me.

deleting my post (similar take to OA) -- Read OA's response and Do it!

Great trade! now go buy a nice bottle of bourbon
McInnis 03
AG
PYPL is making a bit of a move here kids.
oldarmy1
AG
MBIO trying to take a down candle and create a support candle. If it can hold and close above the 50% mark of the candle then look for a move higher tomorrow.
fooz
AgShaun00 said:

McInnis 03 said:

I'm in over a dozen discord servers, and not just trading servers. I mute all servers except the one I want to focus on at the moment. And then I mute all channels on that server and only turn notifications on for the channels I want info from.

HTH
ProgN
Spaceship
AG
AMZN in beast mode today
TMOOSE
BREwmaster said:

BT1395 said:

BT1395 said:

Someone hold me.

deleting my post (similar take to OA) -- Read OA's response and Do it!

Great trade! now go buy a nice bottle of bourbon
MAN - I wanna do an AMZN play. Let me know if anyone goes in, and ill ride with em!
Let it Ride
oldarmy1
AG
Out of all NET calls.
BrokeAssAggie
oldarmy1 said:

MBIO trying to take a down candle and create a support candle. If it can hold and close above the 50% mark of the candle then look for a move higher tomorrow.
I am ready for this thing to make a big move.
TMOOSE
oldarmy1 said:

Out of all NET calls.
Looks like its time for a new OA PLAY
Let it Ride
BayAg_14
McInnis 03 said:

Just got out of the 10/30 210's for a nice profit.
fooz
lal4l said:

oldarmy1 said:

Out of all NET calls.
Looks like its time for a new OA PLAY
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
options
Colt98
AG
Would today be a good day to sell cc on appl. Was thinking weekly 125
BT1395
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Prognightmare said:

BT1395 said:

BT1395 said:

Someone hold me.

Damn good trade though

When building your capital this is the correct approach. You caught a flyer and had good reasoning behind the risk taken. Markets underpinned the gains and could easily sell the news of great earnings. You have a significant win on a smaller account. Take it and don't overtrade in the euphoria. In fact, I'd book it and log out for the day.

Thanks everyone!
gigemJTH12
AG
McInnis 03 said:

curious what Ranger Rocket is going to do with this move
UpstateAg
AG
I'm selling 11/6 140C on my shares. The 140 strike has been my "worth letting go" price, and have made decent premium selling it. If there is an explosion, then I will roll to December and bank even more premium.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What's with this rally? No stimulus progress that I can see.
McInnis 03
AG
Sold half my JD Nov 80c's and then rolled the remainder into the 90C for the same date. No more risk on, all net free.
Brewmaster
AG
Colt98 said:

Would today be a good day to sell cc on appl. Was thinking weekly 125
Heck yeah! I would... maybe someone else will chime in too.
TMOOSE
McInnis 03 said:

Sold half my JD Nov 80c's and then rolled the remainder into the 90C for the same date. No more risk on, all net free.
What date did you go for?
Let it Ride
First Page Last Page
Page 2313 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.