Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,048,045 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Bird Poo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Would you guys go net free on ROKU at $220 if given the chance, or hang onto those shares bought at 110?

I'm trying to become more disciplined about trading but this stock just seems like a great long term hold.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
PearlJammin said:

Would you guys go net free on ROKU at $220 if given the chance, or hang onto those shares bought at 110?

I'm trying to become more disciplined about trading but this stock just seems like a great long term hold.

I just want to say I hate your face. For roku.

I would suggest looking at support levels and setting stops just under that. Let it run, especially since paying taxes on half the price is like selling it at a discount.
Fireman
AG
khkman22 said:

Fireman said:

Agree with everything you said 2463, but Pelosi is still a ***** in my book.
Hey, it's Lil' Troy.
Nothing better than asking the DJ to play this song when your friend is marrying a woman you don't care for during the wedding reception. I digress

Curious if any of the more experienced traders have had any success trading leaps? Is it a win big / lose big proposition?
Ragoo
AG
Fireman said:

khkman22 said:

Fireman said:

Agree with everything you said 2463, but Pelosi is still a ***** in my book.
Hey, it's Lil' Troy.
Nothing better than asking the DJ to play this song when your friend is marrying a woman you don't care for during the wedding reception. I digress

Curious if any of the more experienced traders have had any success trading leaps? Is it a win big / lose big proposition?
i am going to look into a trade strategy for OSTK. Buying ITM calls out Jan '22 then short selling common 20-20-30-30 at the levels noted in the tweet above.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I like ATM or just OTM leaps as a way to add volatility and upside to long term investments. I wouldn't call myself one of the experienced traders on the board though.
Aggies1322
AG
panduh bear said:

Perfect. Okay so I will say if you have an interest in this system, go check out the Youtube linked above and they regularly offer a 1 month trial of his Gold Access which gets you the twitter and a daily Zoom call wherein he trades the market and calls pivots, discusses strategy, life, and fantasy football.

The short and sweet of it is the everything above the candle is supply and everything below is demand. Trades are made based off of clear space with defined areas based on these lines. He's much more technical about it and I don't want to give out more than that, his explanations are worth the $97 entry for a month. The $97 gets you lifetime access to his lectures on this (about 7 hours) material.

I have had 15 days with positive trades using his system and charting the pivots but I am day trading and scalping. This is not necessarily for those who can't commit to being in front of the computer for a few hours in the morning although other users are using this for long term trades and different levels of option trades.

I would recommend this to my parents if they wanted to day trade.
What is the linear regression study called on TOS?
Fireman
AG
Really interesting thanks to both of you. Feel like I missed the train a bit on OSTK, but maybe the recent pull-back is a new entry opportunity.
Cartographer
There is a linear regression study in TOS but it doesn't act the same as his Esignal.

In the notes they say it's okay to omit if you're using TOS.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Fireman said:

Really interesting thanks to both of you. Feel like I missed the train a bit on OSTK, but maybe the recent pull-back is a new entry opportunity.

You haven't. Be mindful of near term pull backs. This thing is going to 200.
htownhousedivided
Cramer gives RUN a big nod in today's lightning round!

3:33 in:

TMOOSE

Let it Ride
Aggies1322
AG
panduh bear said:

There is a linear regression study in TOS but it doesn't act the same as his Esignal.

In the notes they say it's okay to omit if you're using TOS.

Oh I gotcha, thanks!
Rice and Fries
Holy shot balls. Roku up to almost $220
Slappy007
AG
BREwmaster said:

khaos288 said:

geez at this rate I'm going to get called out of my 90C for OSTK. Would be happy too
Yeah not a bad problem to have such a volatile stock we can always buy back in. I need to sell calls on mine still.
82 is the base and 85 is roughly resistance.

TSM now popping up on HP's radar, over 87 and we get some fireworks. I might add another 10/16.

nutty lotto idea: buy 1 UVXY weekly call. I think I paid .28 for a 20.50c. If volatility goes nuts it moons. Stay very small, don't yolo it!
TSM up to $88.74 pre-market. $100 magnet rule should be engaged today.
Slappy007
AG
Rice and Fries said:

Holy shot balls. Roku up to almost $220
Man this thing has been on a tear the last month. My 11/20 $250 covered calls are looking like they might be called out. Good problem to have.
Engine10
AG
REGN requests emergency authorization from FDA for COVID cocktail.

President speaking at 8 est on Fox News...but that's prob about the next debate being virtual?
Aggies1322
AG
AMD looks primed.. let's get in the money today.
FJ43
Anyone see any OSTK store numbers reported that were mentioned to be reported AH yesterday? Haven't seen anything so far.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Aggies1322
AG
I really liked the little bit I watched of Dan Shapiro last night. If I understand it correctly - NET based off of his set-up should run to $44.91 with relative ease, correct? That is where my chart shows the next supply line.
oldarmy1
AG
MBIO $3.41

Don't look at. It's like the proverbial boiling pot.
FJ43
oldarmy1 said:

MBIO $3.41

Don't look at. It's like the proverbial boiling pot.
I can't help it. One eye on it all the time.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

McInnis 03
AG
Scott Redler added a long VALE position to his active portfolio yesterday.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Aggies1322
AG
Anyone else jump into those JD calls yesterday? JD just hit $79 premarket.
McInnis 03
AG
Aggies1322 said:

Anyone else jump into those JD calls yesterday? JD just hit $79 premarket.

I did. Expecting a real pop between now and then
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
oldarmy1
AG
Futures hold and watch for exit targets on more of our options
oldarmy1
AG
NET +1.28
oldarmy1
AG
INMD at breakout levels.
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
AMD 10/16 $90 target exit?
BrokeAssAggie
I need RUN to hit!!
FJ43

McInnis 03
AG
I hate hate hate hate trading it. HATE it. But I think you HAVE to watch BA today if you are looking for a day trade. Outside bar two days ago, inside bar yesterday. Yesterdays high was 166.34, if it breaks 166.34 there is potential for it to run to the 2 day ago high of 175 and that's a hell of a move. Failure is at 162.38, yesterday's low. That can be a big move.

B&I Key:
ClutchCityAg
Let it ride
McInnis 03
AG
$VALE just got a downgrade.

To $15

B&I Key:
Rice and Fries
McInnis 03 said:

$VALE just got a downgrade.

To $15

If it hits $15, it can downgrade on my NUTS.

Edit: I meant NETS of course
RightWingConspirator
AG
Fireman said:

Respect the opinions on this board, but can you guys help me understand the appeal of this stock? Looking at their revenue growth, the fact that they're issuing stock to get much needed cash has me struggling to see the appeal.
"But it is easier to purchase products that denote superiority than to be actually superior in economic achievement." - Thomas J. Stanley
First Page Last Page
Page 2295 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.