Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,045,338 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
59 South
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ah, gotcha. Must have missed it. We need more Ranger!
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
Hendrix
AG
Rice and Fries said:

I think office real estate is going to be the hardest hit sector.
Especially in places like SF, NYC, Seattle. But also Houston (energy corridor), Dallas, etc. I work in CRE lending and we are even noticing a deep shift in fundamentals.

My reasoning stands from simply that executives are going to look at it as cost savings measures. The amount of money that can be saved by having even ~60%ish of your work force set up to work from home will be hard to ignore. Businesses aren't going to keep plowing money into expensive office layouts. Am i saying that JPM is going to cut its NYC headquarters? Not at all. But they will absolutely push back office functions to stay at home if possible.

It's going to be a way to cut overhead expenses, redeploy the funds into other avenues and reduce long term cost exposures. This will become more prevalent as Baby boomers continue to retire and companies work to retain people.
I agree re: office space in huge gateway markets. A lot of retail is permanently impaired and not coming back (hint industrial fullfillment is the winner). Hotel and particular hotels relying on group business will take a long time to recover and many will find distress. Multi-family has taken a 5-10% hit on values and will do fine a year from now with little supply coming for 2022/23. Industrial is on fire; hotter than pre covid. There's a few high quality Multi-family reits that absolutely are on sale right now.
Aggies1322
AG
NET and TER fell off a cliff early
TMOOSE
I know.. Not the greatest morning start LIR
BT1395
AG
RSP715 said:

Rice and Fries said:

I think office real estate is going to be the hardest hit sector.
Especially in places like SF, NYC, Seattle. But also Houston (energy corridor), Dallas, etc. I work in CRE lending and we are even noticing a deep shift in fundamentals.

My reasoning stands from simply that executives are going to look at it as cost savings measures. The amount of money that can be saved by having even ~60%ish of your work force set up to work from home will be hard to ignore. Businesses aren't going to keep plowing money into expensive office layouts. Am i saying that JPM is going to cut its NYC headquarters? Not at all. But they will absolutely push back office functions to stay at home if possible.

It's going to be a way to cut overhead expenses, redeploy the funds into other avenues and reduce long term cost exposures. This will become more prevalent as Baby boomers continue to retire and companies work to retain people.
I agree re: office space in huge gateway markets. A lot of retail is permanently impaired and not coming back (hint industrial fullfillment is the winner). Hotel and particular hotels relying on group business will take a long time to recover and many will find distress. Multi-family has taken a 5-10% hit on values and will do fine a year from now with little supply coming for 2022/23. Industrial is on fire; hotter than pre covid. There's a few high quality Multi-family reits that absolutely are on sale right now.

Great discussion! Names of your best MF REIT buys right now?
jwhitlock3
RUN going the wrong way as well.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
59 South said:

Yo $30k, you go short at 3400? If you still think we go back down, then why not wait for 3425 with a short leash?

I rarely ever go short or buy puts... I just sell or sell covered calls to raise some cash which I'm considering later this week. Just my style and curious if you still hold your same plan from a couple weeks ago.
Yes, I still think we get some sort of October draw down, don't know when. My strategy right now is the SPXU long shares I'm in from higher up. I would sell those at break even or on a draw down. I think the situation with the president, the election, and the stimulus package are all factors. Right now, at this moment, things seem slightly bullish. Not really a spot to short yet IMO.
TMOOSE
Ya - it RUNning in the opposite direction. Sad.
oldarmy1
AG
Sticking with them. This looks like typical early selling but certainly no trend break
BrokeAssAggie
oldarmy1 said:

Sticking with them. This looks like typical early selling but certainly no trend break
Engine10
AG
In SPAQ 11/20 $20 calls, thanks for the morning discount. Feel free to pivot and don't look back!
Hendrix
AG
UDR, EQR, CPT in no order. GL
CheladaAg
AG
AYX has a huge gap to fill.
tamu2009
AG
We holding PINS, SNAP and IMND through this, or is it time to take profits and get out of 10/16 calls?
Engine10
AG
tamu2009 said:

We holding PINS, SNAP and IMND through this, or is it time to take profits and get out of 10/16 calls?

I bounced on SNAP, still holding PINS
AgEng06
AG
I'm holding the PINS 10/16 46c, got out of SNAP yesterday when OA mentioned it, and I never made it in on INMD.
BrokeAssAggie
Bulls coming in..
Ranger222
AG
FEAC is a long term hold for me. I originally brought it up as a trade idea to buy low prior to deal announcement and then sell the pop on announcement. That event has passed, so if you bough at 10 and sold at 14, congrats. Now its all about the company they are merging with (skillz). Getting some positive press the last couple of days may mean a move higher in the short term to retest that ~14.7x high on announcement, however I wouldn't try and play that, especially in this market environment. The easy trade has passed.

My original idea was to flip it like I said, but I like the company (skillz), so now I'm holding and not going to pay attention to it for a while. They seem to be a disruptor for gaming developers, and I need more exposure to gaming/eSports in my LT portfolio, thus I'm keeping it with buys at $10.2x. Maybe I sell chunks if we get to 20, but I'm not going to be actively trading my current position. Maybe if it starts gaining momentum I'll initiate a position for a trade, but not currently on my immediate radar.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
All it takes is one group to need a vehicle for IPO like Fisker is right now with Spartan. That or for FEAC to find something they acquire to make it pop.
DDSO
AG
A lesson I had to learn was be patient in the first 30 minutes and don't panic. It is not uncommon to drop at the open then flip green after the first 30. PINS went down and hit the 200ma on the 15 minute chart. I am holding my 10/16 calls.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
come on net. get to $43 so I can roll.
Engine10
AG
Actively clicking every ad on Pinterest right now, seems to be working
Bob Knights Paper Hands
AgEng06 said:

I'm holding the PINS 10/16 46c, got out of SNAP yesterday when OA mentioned it, and I never made it in on INMD.

There's a dip on INMD. I just doubled my 10/16 $40. I just loaded up on some MGNI as well.
BrokeAssAggie
MBIO volume spike. Let's go!!
McInnis 03
AG
Here comes the potential turnaround Tuesday. 9:30 is when the daily and weekly break off......let's keep it up bulls.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
krosch11
AG
Hard to see on mobile but looks like QD has some volume this morning
TriumphForks
AG
QD!!!!
FJ43
krosch11 said:

Nice volume spike at 10:15
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

come on net. get to $43 so I can roll.
I have decided to manage this in the afternoon. clear uptrend, just wish I had gone Nov on calls instead of October.
topher06
Sold the news on AYX. Was a bagholder in my taxable account, that went slightly green. Bought some in my Roth after someone in this thread reiterated that it had a good future, so that trade turned out well - thanks to whomever said that. Hope the rest of you continuing to hold do well, but glad to be out of that stock after it dropped 40% after beating earnings.
Ranger222
AG
IWM has been strong. That has been the tell for a while now.
ProgN
topher06 said:

Sold the news on AYX. Was a bagholder in my taxable account, that went slightly green. Bought some in my Roth after someone in this thread reiterated that it had a good future, so that trade turned out well - thanks to whomever said that. Hope the rest of you continuing to hold do well, but glad to be out of that stock after it dropped 40% after beating earnings.
That was Ranger Rocket's rec.
txaggie_08
AG
krosch11 said:

This thing has a long ways to run before it becomes profitable for me again. I've lowered my dollar cost average some over the past month or so, but not as much as I probably should have. Been afraid to throw too much money at a sinking ship.
wanderer
One particular stock needs to RUN the other way...
wanderer
TER getting close to toeing that 82.50 line.
First Page Last Page
Page 2280 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.