Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,046,700 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oldarmy1 said:

Little pullback at open of trading. I got to buy those SPY shares against the $338 puts.

Typical expected early action so far. Back to bed.
A little pullback is ok by me. Hoping for some entry points on a few so will be watching them closely.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Aggies1322
AG
Looks like I'll be in the ER today. Hopefully these NET, INMD, and TER calls will be fun to watch.
59 South
AG
Yo $30k, you go short at 3400? If you still think we go back down, then why not wait for 3425 with a short leash?

I rarely ever go short or buy puts... I just sell or sell covered calls to raise some cash which I'm considering later this week. Just my style and curious if you still hold your same plan from a couple weeks ago.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
ProgN
LPSN looks coiled to take out it's high here shortly. Target calls in November. Their earnings are 11/5 IIRC, I'll verify later today. ER should be solid based on the 2 previous qtrs.
oldarmy1
AG
Got to sell enough of the earlySPYbuys to cover my hedge. I'lol probably look now to sell a covered call on remaining that either makes $2 more/share or Would be profitable into the Puts.
Baby Billy
AG
BUD gonna go?
jj9000
AG
LADR long term play with Corporate RE looking like it's in for a rude awakening. Work from home has changed the quantity demanded. ??????
chrisfield
Sponsor
AG
What are you watching for on TER this morning?
oldarmy1
AG
jj9000 said:

LADR long term play with Corporate RE looking like it's in for a rude awakening. Work from home has changed the quantity demanded. ??????

After nearly 40 years of hiring, training, managing literally thousands of people I can tell you that other than minimal level job descriptions/positions there are less than 5% of a population capable of long term productivity and discipline, to be beneficial to a company.

A lot of companies are in for a rude awakening.
59 South
AG
oldarmy1 said:

jj9000 said:

After nearly 40 years of hiring, training, managing literally thousands of people I can tell you that other than minimal level job descriptions/positions there are less than 5% of a population capable of long term productivity and discipline, to be beneficial to a company.

A lot of companies are in for a rude awakening.
I've been thinking this for a while. They'll be some companies hang on to it for a few years, maybe even forever, but I always thought of it as a short/medium term solution to WFH. You can only be productive for so long... then the long term effects will start to become evident... What I think may happen (which is what my company is going to do starting next year) is to be more flexible and let SOME people work from home depending on job requirements and only for a set number of days per week or month. It'll be the new '9/80' which is what my company is trading the new long term WFH for.

Think of it this way... would you stay up or out all night boozing it up and watching Sunday or Monday Night Football if you were WFH the next day? Now would you if you had to face your whole team the next morning for the daily 8:30am huddle?

jj9000
AG
No doubt about the notion of productivity and longevity. That 10% divy looks juicy for a long term hold, albeit on the surface it looks pretty risky as well.
oldarmy1
AG
Some risk short term but it's been clipped well below it's book value.
59 South
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Got to sell enough of the earlySPYbuys to cover my hedge. I'lol probably look now to sell a covered call on remaining that either makes $2 more/share or Would be profitable into the Puts.
OA, out of all your magical strategies, this one might be my favorite. I've seen you post about it many times. If I ever get my kids self sustainable, and I'm ever able to ditch the day job, this is one I'm going to use a lot.

Also, thanks again for the PINS play. I'm looking to sell my final 10/16 38s for $7.50-8.00 from 1.80 entry. (others sold at 5.15).

59 South
AG
Anyone got any intel on FEAC? I know practically nothing about it, but some trusted FinTwitters have started talking about it.

Technicals look great... looks like pre-market break out of falling wedge, flag, whatever you want to call it...massive volume candle about a month ago prior to month of consolidation...

ETA chart and note that it is a small cap with options, aka another OA special...

oldarmy1
AG
Much appreciated. I like doing this after several positive days on a decent move up day. Using it more these days because of the volatility expected.

It's important to buy the shares when you get the early pullback from wishful bears, seeking to influence the markets.
Running with the Bulls
VALE looking good premarket. Hope it holds and continues upward!
oldarmy1
AG
TER early upward bias but need to break $82.50.
BrokeAssAggie
oldarmy1 said:

Much appreciated. I like doing this after several positive days on a decent move up day. Using it more these days because of the volatility expected.

It's important to buy the shares when you get the early pullback from wishful bears, seeking to influence the markets.
If you have time could you explain like you are talking to a grade school kid?
oldarmy1
AG
MBIO trying to make its move
Rice and Fries
I think office real estate is going to be the hardest hit sector.
Especially in places like SF, NYC, Seattle. But also Houston (energy corridor), Dallas, etc. I work in CRE lending and we are even noticing a deep shift in fundamentals.

My reasoning stands from simply that executives are going to look at it as cost savings measures. The amount of money that can be saved by having even ~60%ish of your work force set up to work from home will be hard to ignore. Businesses aren't going to keep plowing money into expensive office layouts. Am i saying that JPM is going to cut its NYC headquarters? Not at all. But they will absolutely push back office functions to stay at home if possible.

It's going to be a way to cut overhead expenses, redeploy the funds into other avenues and reduce long term cost exposures. This will become more prevalent as Baby boomers continue to retire and companies work to retain people.
oldarmy1
AG
Driving now using speech to test so will do so later
gigemJTH12
AG
Running with the Bulls said:

I keep seeing yall mention VALE. I have a Jan 21 2022 call on this. do yall have something more short term?
BrokeAssAggie
oldarmy1 said:

Driving now using speech to test so will do so later

You are driving and looking at charts? OA can do it all
Barty Dont Hedge
gigemJTH12 said:

I keep seeing yall mention VALE. I have a Jan 21 2020 call on this. do yall have something more short term?
Ya. 100 Contracts for 10/16
Charlie Conway
gigemJTH12 said:

I keep seeing yall mention VALE. I have a Jan 21 2020 call on this. do yall have something more short term?
I think it might be impossible to get something shorter term than 10 months ago!

ProgN
Rice and Fries said:

Especially in places like SF, NYC, Seattle. But also Houston (energy corridor), Dallas, etc. I work in CRE lending and we are even noticing a deep shift in fundamentals.

My reasoning stands from simply that executives are going to look at it as cost savings measures. The amount of money that can be saved by having even ~60%ish of your work force set up to work from home will be hard to ignore. Businesses aren't going to keep plowing money into expensive office layouts. Am i saying that JPM is going to cut its NYC headquarters? Not at all. But they will absolutely push back office functions to stay at home if possible.

It's going to be a way to cut overhead expenses, redeploy the funds into other avenues and reduce long term cost exposures. This will become more prevalent as Baby boomers continue to retire and companies work to retain people.
I heard a guy yesterday(forgot his name) that said if Biden wins and Dems take the Senate then WFH will probably be preferred by most corporations because of the GND. If the GND passes, buildings will have to be retrofitted to meet strict regs or the corporations will be fined heavily from the government. It's not worth the risk or the expense, so they'll push WFH to eliminate these concerns. It made sense to me.
Running with the Bulls
They are a huge nickel mining operation and rumors are swirling about them signing a deal with TSLA. The EV market appears to need a bunch of nickel for the next leap in battery tech so it's a play on that for me.
gigemJTH12
AG
Charlie Conway said:

gigemJTH12 said:

I think it might be impossible to get something shorter term than 10 months ago!

*****..2022***
59 South
AG
Bueller? Was hoping one of you FinTexaggers would have something... I'm buying some if it goes to ~$12. You can get ~$3 for Feb 15 calls right now.

oldarmy1
AG
I agree with the cultural impact based on generations. Prior to covid there has always been virtual agents in the call center industry. They are my competition and sale lower cost as their main attraction. However, when a client is measuring KPI's the agents on site score 20-40% higher, depending on campaign requirements.

The main differential is seen on any revenue generation campaign, where every 1% of increase realizes thousands, hundreds of thousands to millions. Our onsite agents blow away the home base competition. So the $2-3 difference in hourly rate is nothing to the client. Losing out on conversion is...
Aggies1322
AG
NET with a jump up to $43
oldarmy1
AG
INMD $38. Just a little bit more for a breakout
Rice and Fries
Prognightmare said:

Rice and Fries said:

I heard a guy yesterday(forgot his name) that said if Biden wins and Dems take the Senate then WFH will probably be preferred by most corporations because of the GND. If the GND passes, buildings will have to be retrofitted to meet strict regs or the corporations will be fined heavily from the government. It's not worth the risk or the expense, so they'll push WFH to eliminate these concerns. It made sense to me.

Absolutely. I'm no longer driving my 17MPG Silverado 40+ miles a day to and from work. What irritates me is how damn high my insurance rates still are even though I don't drive hardly anymore.

I work on the front end production of RE loans, so it's a smaller department and we've been told not to expect to go back until June 2021.

I think office will still be there in call centers, etc. but big ass office buildings will just become 55% occupied relics, which will push rents down further on the ladder. Even Medical office is going to have a reckoning because of Teledocs and similar.

I'm bullish long term on apartments and SFH and surrounding retail to support these areas.
Touchless
AG
59 South said:

Anyone got any intel on FEAC? I know practically nothing about it, but some trusted FinTwitters have started talking about it.

Technicals look great... looks like pre-market break out of falling wedge, flag, whatever you want to call it...massive volume candle about a month ago prior to month of consolidation...

ETA chart and note that it is a small cap with options, aka another OA special...

It was actually a Ranger special from a month ago. Hasn't really been mentioned much since though.

Quote:

Remember FEAC? Entered into a deal with skillz, a competitive mobile games maker and software developer that enables multiplayer competition.

Will make run to $20 now

[url=https://venturebeat.com/2020/09/02/competitive-mobile-game-maker-skillz-will-do-a-quick-ipo-at-3-5-billion-valuation/][/url]https://venturebeat.com/2020/09/02/competitive-mobile-game-maker-skillz-will-do-a-quick-ipo-at-3-5-billion-valuation/
McInnis 03
AG
WTF happened to VIX? That was nuts, gap down of some sort?
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
First Page Last Page
Page 2279 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.