Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,085,164 Views | 231811 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by bhanacik
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I managed to get $2 net out of the COST iron fly.
McInnis 03
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I managed to get $2 net out of the COST iron fly.
I'm going to let the condors expire fully unless I need the cash to trade something today.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
zag213004
AG
oldarmy1 said:

INMD engaged

Still like 2.4 for 40c oct16?
oldarmy1
AG
Yup
oldarmy1
AG
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I would do the same. My trade was contingent on being close to 345. After it dumped to bottom of range I exited for ~30% profit. Not 50%. Will it come up, I don't know, but sometimes you need to take the cash, especially on an ER trade. Quick $1000 for 5 contracts.
zag213004
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Yup

Ok thanks!
ClutchCityAg
Anyone have a good website or article for calculating what the increase or decrease in premiums for an option would be if the underlying stock moved X% ?
Let it ride
FJ43
MARA just junks up my dashboard. I might as well take the loss so I don't have to look it.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

GtownRAB
AG
FJ43 said:

MARA just junks up my dashboard. I might as well take the loss so I don't have to look it.
I finally took the loss yesterday. I was stubborn waiting on a rebound. I at least made some option profits on the way up, but gave most of it back owning the stock.
Ragoo
AG
FJ43 said:

Are you selling calls? I am bag holding 3400 shares. I am selling calls out 30-60 days on any spike. Have been from the beginning. Not worried as long as I can continue generating cash. I use the cash to buy other assets for long holds.
McInnis 03
AG
I'm long $NLS right now. I think they're piggybacking off of PTON and they're hitting ATH's in this recent macro pullback. May be one to watch going forward. These guys own Bowflex, Modern Movement, Nautilus, Octane Fitness, Schwinn Fitness, and Universal.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Madmarttigan
AG
Thought today would maybe be the day mgni breaks up. Maybe Monday
TheCellarDoor
AG
Trying out Tradingview.com, and I'm not figuring out how to use the 8/21/50/200 EMAs. They vary depending on the time horizon selected, which to me is counter intuitive to how I thought the EMAs worked. On the monthly, time horizon, I get numbers that match up with what Redler and others post, but when trying to view them overlaid with the daily candles, they're all the same number.

Question is, how do you view the EMAs while also looking at the daily candles? Or am I just thinking about it wrong?
FJ43
Ragoo said:

FJ43 said:

Are you selling calls? I am bag holding 3400 shares. I am selling calls out 30-60 days on any spike. Have been from the beginning. Not worried as long as I can continue generating cash. I use the cash to buy other assets for long holds.
No I haven't been. I sold the bulk of my shares right at the drop to minimize my position risk on it as it bled down. Just sitting on 4,000 shares remaining with an average cost of $2.15. I will just let it ride and if/when it breaks the $2.15 mark I will set a tight stop loss.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

oldarmy1
AG
Ragoo said:

FJ43 said:

Same. I bought back 50% of them on the spike low.

I still have my March $4 covered calls sold at $0.98 now $0.30 and I tried to buyback on spike low $0.20 with no success, so if I get $4 called out it will still be a happy day.
kylewhitener
ClutchCityAg said:

Anyone have a good website or article for calculating what the increase or decrease in premiums for an option would be if the underlying stock moved X% ?

www.optionsprofitcalculator.com
Irish 2.0
QQQ challenging yesterday's HOD. A strong move to reclaim the 10DMA at ~270.5 on the close, bullish sentiment would be in about 75% for me. Get the 50DMA (~273.6) back next week and strong push back to the ATHs for elections
59 South
AG
CreakinDeacon said:

QQQ challenging yesterday's HOD. A strong move to reclaim the 10DMA at ~270.5 on the close, bullish sentiment would be in about 75% full swing. Get the 50DMA (~273.6) back next week and strong push back to the ATHs for elections
Was just coming to post that you may have been a day early... 270+ things could get real interesting. Just took out yesterday's high.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
Irish 2.0
59 South said:

CreakinDeacon said:

QQQ challenging yesterday's HOD. A strong move to reclaim the 10DMA at ~270.5 on the close, bullish sentiment would be in about 75% full swing. Get the 50DMA (~273.6) back next week and strong push back to the ATHs for elections
Was just coming to post that you may have been a day early... 270+ things could get real interesting. Just took out yesterday's high.
267.6 will be bigly for the close. Would still give the close over the 5DMA, but not as much confidence moving into next week.
ClutchCityAg
kylewhitener said:

ClutchCityAg said:

www.optionsprofitcalculator.com
Ah this is exactly what I needed thank you
Let it ride
Ragoo
AG
FJ43 said:

Ragoo said:

FJ43 said:

No I haven't been. I sold the bulk of my shares right at the drop to minimize my position risk on it as it bled down. Just sitting on 4,000 shares remaining with an average cost of $2.15. I will just let it ride and if/when it breaks the $2.15 mark I will set a tight stop loss.
of it gets to 2.15 then sell the closest $2.5 call. Use the asset to generate cash flow.
59 South
AG
CreakinDeacon said:

267.6 will be bigly for the close. Would still give the close over the 5DMA, but not as much confidence moving into next week.
Another thing to note (assuming this holds today and doesn't crash) is the weekly candle is looking a bit reversally. Could be a nice set up into the next couple of weeks to take another shot at 280.

Touchless
AG
oldarmy1 said:

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/09/25/3-stocks-to-buy-to-avoid-the-market-bubble/
Are you more bullish on MGNI or MBIO? You seem pretty high on both, but not sure if you have a preference between the two if you had to pick just one.
FJ43
ONTX

Irish 2.0
59 South said:

CreakinDeacon said:

Another thing to note (assuming this holds today and doesn't crash) is the weekly candle is looking a bit reversally. Could be a nice set up into the next couple of weeks to take another shot at 280.
Very good point. Didn't even think to look at the weekly today. Especially since it is the last full week September.
FJ43
Ragoo said:

FJ43 said:

Ragoo said:

FJ43 said:

of it gets to 2.15 then sell the closest $2.5 call. Use the asset to generate cash flow.
Thanks...good thought.

59 South
AG
Now you got me looking at the monthly as well... needs to go up from here through Wednesday to avoid the bearish engulfing.

The SPY weekly and monthly look horrendous. I'm guessing the big banks are dragging it down. I've recently pivoted to watching QQQ. It's way more aligned with the stocks that I own.

UpstateAg
AG
Just bought some QQQ puts for protection of a dump today. Not digging the rejections.
Brewmaster
AG
stay or get hedged... run ups today seem to sell off, rip into close may just be a short squeeze. DXY wants more (just been ripping all morning) and look at oil. DUG (oil short) is up a couple more bucks today. GC (gold futures) also look like ****e. I've seen this tape before...they won't get me this time.
Irish 2.0
Prog pulled an Irish and got banned. His is only until Sunday. That mick SOB is still MIA though...
spud1910
AG
CreakinDeacon said:

Prog pulled an Irish and got banned. His is only until Sunday. That mick SOB is still MIA though...
He got on F16 again?
Touchless
tsuag10
AG
Anyone jumping in ACB while it's down this low?

I'm not suggesting either way, just curious if anyone has any thoughts.
oldarmy1
AG
PINs volume and pop
First Page Last Page
Page 2230 of 6624

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.