Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,079,916 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by El_duderino
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Man has this applied to me at times.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

jwhitlock3
I took a screenshot of that today to save it, something for me to remember!
Fireman
AG
UpstateAg said:

I'll take some more AAPL when tech dumps a bit more
Yep and NVDA below $485 is a bargain. Adding more each time it dips.
jwhitlock3
cptthunder said:

Did one of the Disney parks get shutdown? Dropping 6% after hours right now
I was talking to myself about this yesterday, and I'm a rookie at this so critique me, but it felt like we attempted some weak resistance at 124.75 or so, on the 10day chart it had pushed twice off 123.58 Monday for support. I was thinking about jumping in on the 10/16 $130C but I wanted to see some resistance and moving upwards before I committed. Looking at the monthly chart, I don't see any kind of resistance so it seems to be searching for that now, it's floating in no mans land if I'm reading that right? Chart below is from lunchtime yesterday as I was watching it.

Edit: that large volume there on the 18th looked like longer term buyers moving in, and a potential new low before we get some upwards movement? Not sure if the volume last week is any indication of a reversal after a shake out.

*insert critique here please*

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Fireman said:

UpstateAg said:

same here. been accumulating anytime it gets to 485 or less.
ProgN
Aggiesincebirth said:

Is this a known thing? I honestly did not know that. Is there any significance around this?
tailgatetimer10
AG
Fireman said:

UpstateAg said:

I'm slowly picking these up too.
corndog04
AG
Prognightmare said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

Is this a known thing? I honestly did not know that. Is there any significance around this?

I looked at SPY going back to 1993.
ISO week 39 has the 10th worst mean % change (-0.22%), with worst being ISO week 50 (-1.03%).
ISO week 39 has 2nd worst median change (-0.45%), with worst again being ISO week 50 (-0.75%).

So, it generally sucks but there were a couple of really good years pulling up the mean.
Brewmaster
AG
Prognightmare said:

UpstateAg said:

IMO, with 5G iPhone launch and a likely vaccine announcement within a month your window of time is closing.
CDC director today said no vaccine until Next summer or fall even...not that I care personally, but markets may also have been responding to that today.
FJ43
Would also love to see some of the feedback on this as well. Always like picking up extra charting tips.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

McInnis 03
AG
Ever question your decisions in life?

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Brewmaster
AG
looks like a H&S pattern this week. Big volume can also mean a new short is in town (a big move coming, up or down). just my 2 cents.
FJ43
BREwmaster said:

looks like a H&S pattern this week. Big volume can also mean a new short is in town (big move coming, up or down). just my 2 cents.

Bearish in nature on the H&S right shoulder combined with sell volume indicated though correct? Meaning more likely to trend downward.

Brewmaster
AG
I think so, and after the H&S you can see what it did today... but buyers stepping up at 122, for now. Need the markets to strengthen and it will come back.

FJ43
BREwmaster said:

I think so, and after the H&S you can see what it did today... but buyers stepping up at 122, for now. Need the markets to strengthen and it will come back.

Ahh I now see that support volume at the close with the daily. Didn't see that on the other chart. Might mean support or reversal and suspect we will know that early. For me would need validation of it before buying in. I don't mind missing the low if I can avoid the drop further.

jwhitlock3
Thanks guys, that's the feedback I was looking for.

• I had been using a 15 minute frequency on the 10 day but when I change to 30, all of a sudden the big chunk of volume on the 18th goes red.
  • Similarly, on he 30 minute chart the close of today shows 800k worth of buyers, while the 15 minute shows 214k buyers and 673k sellers.

• You have a preference on length of time and frequency on charts or does it make much of a difference in your looks? Looks like you've got 30 minute charted there.

FJ43
    jwhitlock3 said:

Thanks guys, that's the feedback I was looking for.

• I had been using a 15 minute frequency on the 10 day but when I change to 30, all of a sudden the big chunk of volume on the 18th goes red.
  • Similarly, on he 30 minute chart the close of today shows 800k worth of buyers, while the 15 minute shows 214k buyers and 673k sellers.

• You have a preference on length of time and frequency on charts or does it make much of a difference in your looks? Looks like you've got 30 minute charted there.

I actually will look at 1 year, 3 month, 1 month and then into a couple daily versions (10, 5 and 1) just to granulate the detail. That's just me though. I mostly swing trade so most of my time is in 1-10 day looks. 5-15 minute intervals on daily (I never use the 1 minute). I almost always look at the last hour in 5 minute frequency.

I also look to see where volume is accumulated (A/D) back 3 months or so.

jwhitlock3
    Thanks! Need to add the accumulation/distribution as an indicator I watch for. I appreciate the feedback.
    Orlando Ayala Cant Read
    AG
    Some chatter of a SPAQ Lambo partnership of some sort in talks
    FJ43
    No worries. There are others on here that are much more experienced, successful and fun to follow along with. Not to mention much more versed in technical evaluations, charting, etc. If you follow a number of them, take some notes and apply their strategies you'll be served well by them. I know I have been and it has been invaluable to me their willingness to share their knowledge, tips, victories and agonies of defeat.

jwhitlock3
    Taking lots of notes and love being able to enjoy the social aspect of this with fellow Ags, lot of great traders to read on in here.
    $30,000 Millionaire
    AG
    I am more of a daily/weekly person. If I am going to scalp, I'll go as low as 5 minutes, but that is for trades like a morning gap fill.
    Jet Black
    Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Some chatter of a SPAQ Lambo partnership of some sort in talks

That would be good
    Brewmaster
    AG
    Stimulus talk heating up, hitting the headlines. Dems likely to agree to one. Futures liking this news...should get at least a little bounce up.
    FJ43
    BREwmaster said:

Stimulus talk heating up, hitting the headlines. Dems likely to agree to one. Futures liking this news...should get at least a little bounce up.

I approve this message. Even if enough bounce to green up a few positions.

59 South
    AG
    Deacon, you sure did mess up QQQ yesterday afternoon getting all bullish!

Finally had a chance to look closer at the really long term stuff. On the monthly chart, July/August was a massive decade long trend break to the upside, and this is almost a perfect back test so far (QQQ 260). This chart is QQQ. NDX is very similar except the back test is down around 10,200. That would be about QQQ 250. If 260 isn't the bottom, then QQQ ~250 and NDX ~10,200 look like they'd be no brainer full on buys. Maybe that would get that AAPL gap fill in the 90s for no brainer buys. Either way, you have to think QQQ will be range bound 250-300 for the next few months until the dust settles.

If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
    59 South
    AG
    If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
    FJ43
    WKHS getting a little premarket bump.

gougler08
    AG
    FJ43 said:

BREwmaster said:

That's a big negative so far. Getting close to an entry position in some things for me
    FJ43
    gougler08 said:

FJ43 said:

BREwmaster said:

That's a big negative so far. Getting close to an entry position in some things for me
    Me setting alerts this morning....

McInnis 03
    AG
    Waiting on a 401k rollover check to arrive to fund rollover ira. Apple will sky the day before the check clears.
    ***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
    Engine10
    AG
    I'm in the same boat. Finally got around to moving rolling it, got 3-5 biz days remaining. Confident I'll miss a jump, but at least AAPL has a long way to climb and 5G event to ride
    FJ43
    Engine10 said:

I'm in the same boat. Finally got around to moving rolling it, got 3-5 biz days remaining. Confident I'll miss a jump, but at least AAPL has a long way to climb and 5G event to ride
    I joined the AAPL train long a week or so ago on the dip and had some more shares fill premarket this morning. I made the decision to take 25% of profits on swings and roll that into AAPL with a long term perspective. Rinse and repeat for me ahead unless something changes with it.

I really enjoy the swing trades but never hurts to park some in a few of these guys.

McInnis 03
    AG
    If you're a fan of the metals, and you're a fan of the walrus without spell check......may be time to take that long position.

B&I Key:
    $30,000 Millionaire
    AG
    I like gold a lot here. NVDA as well like a lot of you champs posted.

COST is close to where I want it for the ER trade.
    First Page Last Page
    Page 2228 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.