Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,083,467 Views | 231801 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm taking a small chance on Silver rebound here. Oct 16 ATM calls for me.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
59 South
AG
Alright Team, I've got another setup I'm watching closely the next couple of days into next week. Haven't had time to annotate the chart yet though... AMD looking really tight. Thinking calls in the 82-85 range out a month or so... there is pretty high premium on them though right now though for sure... thoughts anyone?

Adding in the hourly that shows the clean falling wedge:

If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
KT 90
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

WoMD said:

KT 90 said:

$MARA: nice you see you can join the group in green. Please stay

Still down over 60%. I remember the days when people were saying we hit the low at around 3-3.3. Should've bailed at that point instead of holding. Nemesis stock.

Same

It definitely has a ways to go. It has been pounded lately, along with bitcoin that seems to drive this one.

Jet Black
Thoughts on CWH sub $29? By some miracle I sold when it went over $32 yesterday.
Irish 2.0
I bleed maroon said:

CreakinDeacon said:

I only do LEAPS on betas and it is usually following a $1MM+ option flow. If I see an order of $3MM on AAPL 1/21 $120C, I generally think they know what they're doing. I'm not a super smart person, but I'm smart enough to know there are a lot better people doing this than myself and if they're willing to plop down 7-figures on a single strike, I'll take a shot at it.
The only flaw in this logic is that they may be hedging against a much larger position in the underlying stock. That said, I've seen far worse justifications for opening a position.
I set my filters to eliminate opening positions and only do sweeps. I don't do blocks.
59 South
AG
Credit to Prog yesterday for calling out NIO if it went down to 17 or under. It's now trying to cling onto the month long bull flag... I thought it had broken to the downside for good today but looks like it may have been a shakeout...

59 South
AG
Jet Black said:

Thoughts on CWH sub $29? By some miracle I sold when it went over $32 yesterday.
Well done! I really don't like the price action the last couple of days on it. To be clear... and I know I've pumped it quite a bit, but it's a long term buy for me. My average is around 30.

29 is/was clear support that may be breaking so it could easily go down to 25. On my time horizon I'm ok with that. If I was looking for a new entry, it would either be once it gets back over 29 and holds it, or it flashes down to 25. Kinda nowhere land right now. I'm surprised it hasn't bounced today back over 29. I don't find it to be that good of a trading stock at all.. it's long term fundamental investment for me.

Touchless
AG
Interesting...I always thought PM was pre-market and AH was after hours. Just differentiating between before the market opens or after it closes
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
MARA is getting volume spikes at certain levels. Looks like some people are accumulating at those levels waiting it out.
I bleed maroon
AG
CreakinDeacon said:

I bleed maroon said:

CreakinDeacon said:

I only do LEAPS on betas and it is usually following a $1MM+ option flow. If I see an order of $3MM on AAPL 1/21 $120C, I generally think they know what they're doing. I'm not a super smart person, but I'm smart enough to know there are a lot better people doing this than myself and if they're willing to plop down 7-figures on a single strike, I'll take a shot at it.
The only flaw in this logic is that they may be hedging against a much larger position in the underlying stock. That said, I've seen far worse justifications for opening a position.
I set my filters to eliminate opening positions and only do sweeps. I don't do blocks.
Cool. How can you tell if the sweeps aren't a post-purchase hedge for an existing underlying?
gougler08
AG
WYNN may be a good option play for short term rebound, held the $69 line again
Irish 2.0
I bleed maroon said:

CreakinDeacon said:

I bleed maroon said:

CreakinDeacon said:

Cool. How can you tell if the sweeps aren't a post-purchase hedge for an existing underlying?
It's not a flawless system, but typically the hedges are purchased in blocks. After I see the large sweep and make sure it's not an opening order, I'll adjust the filters and see if more smaller sweeps come in behind it with size. That's the indicator I use. I'll check the L2 order flow too to see if some massive blocks were purchased as well. I'd say this method works 75-80% pf the time. You can play these a couple ways when it happens. You can gamma scalp the **** out of them if you get them soon enough for some quick cash flow or you can ride out the party. For me it just depends on my mood and if I'm buying into strength or off of weakness.
Irish 2.0
The QQQ has been putting in a higher high and a higher low on every hourly candle since the open. Extremely bullish
khkman22
AG
59 South said:

Jet Black said:

Well done! I really don't like the price action the last couple of days on it. To be clear... and I know I've pumped it quite a bit, but it's a long term buy for me. My average is around 30.

29 is/was clear support that may be breaking so it could easily go down to 25. On my time horizon I'm ok with that. If I was looking for a new entry, it would either be once it gets back over 29 and holds it, or it flashes down to 25. Kinda nowhere land right now. I'm surprised it hasn't bounced today back over 29. I don't find it to be that good of a trading stock at all.. it's long term fundamental investment for me.
Sold some 10/16 $28P for $2.25.
59 South
AG
CreakinDeacon said:

The QQQ has been putting in a higher high and a higher low on every hourly candle since the open. Extremely bullish
270 on deck. How it handles it should be telling.

Irish 2.0
Touchless said:

Interesting...I always thought PM was pre-market and AH was after hours. Just differentiating between before the market opens or after it closes
I think he typo'd that. You're correct. PM = Pre-Market and AH = After Hours
McInnis 03
AG
2nd to last 1HR aapl candle got me laughing

All wick, no..........body
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
CreakinDeacon said:

see this is why newbies/simpletons like me love this thread. informative for the seasoned veterans, explanatory for the newbies.
I bleed maroon
AG
CreakinDeacon said:

I bleed maroon said:

CreakinDeacon said:

I bleed maroon said:

CreakinDeacon said:

It's not a flawless system, but typically the hedges are purchased in blocks. After I see the large sweep and make sure it's not an opening order, I'll adjust the filters and see if more smaller sweeps come in behind it with size. That's the indicator I use. I'll check the L2 order flow too to see if some massive blocks were purchased as well. I'd say this method works 75-80% pf the time. You can play these a couple ways when it happens. You can gamma scalp the **** out of them if you get them soon enough for some quick cash flow or you can ride out the party. For me it just depends on my mood and if I'm buying into strength or off of weakness.
Sounds pretty thorough - I'd tend to directionally agree with your 75-80% accuracy estimate. Keep sharing these, as I know most of us don't have access to this data. Thanks!
Irish 2.0
59 South said:

CreakinDeacon said:

270 on deck. How it handles it should be telling.
270 area should see a bit of initial resistance. You've got the 60min bolli at about 270.20 and the 10DMA at 270.85.

Still, any close over the 267.5 gives short term bull bias for me.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
well, I've had a good day.

I bought AMZN 300C at the open. Just sold.

I don't think we're done with downside, folks.
ProgN
$30,000 Millionaire said:

well, I've had a good day.

I bought AMZN 300C at the open. Just sold.

I don't think we're done with downside, folks.
Of course you don't.
Ranger222
AG
Hello fellas. Time to put some money to work?
khaos288
AG
Ranger222 said:

Yes please
59 South
AG
I'm also leaning some more downside... not entering anything new or doing much at all until some clarity. I'd like to see some capitulation to put in a solid bottom.

I think QQQ 250 and SPY 313 would do it unless we can get back over 280 & 342.50. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. Now off for a pub dinner! Y'all chaps can have at it!

Irish 2.0
Once this fully disseminates, QQQ gonna pop hard

McInnis 03
AG
SUPER FRIENDS

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
You're slow. Creakin bacon kicked your ass

B&I Key:
UpstateAg
AG

Dan says it best.
ProgN
59 South said:

I'm also leaning some more downside... not entering anything new or doing much at all until some clarity. I'd like to see some capitulation to put in a solid bottom.

I think QQQ 250 and SPY 313 would do it unless we can get back over 280 & 342.50. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. Now off for a pub dinner! Y'all chaps can have at it!
I don't see a catalyst that will cause panic capitulation. This garden variety correction doesn't scare me.

You see a hot British woman in her 40's that wants to move to Texas, tell her you have a good friend.
ProgN
Ranger222 said:

Howdy, whatcha looking at Ranger?
Ranger222
AG
RKT Dec pick your strike -- 20, 21 or 22 C
Irish 2.0
Here y'all Vale people go
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
UpstateAg said:

Dan says it best.
I dunno I'd kinda like to hear Sam's thoughts on the matter
leoj
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 2225 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.