Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,050,040 Views | 231659 Replies | Last: 1 sec ago by Heineken-Ashi
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

What's ST?

Stocktwits.

Read w many grains of salt though on hand
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Stocktwits.com
leoj
AG
Headed lower, SPX and AMZN just lost supports
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Apple is so effing frustrating rn. For months I took pride in this being my largest long hold. And now its in the red almost daily it feels like.

Wondering if this is headed to 95
It's OPEX day. ignore today.

Think its a buy at 105?
TxAG#2011
Bulls need to show up here fast
ProgN
TxAG#2011 said:

I wouldn't be expecting them today.
leoj
AG
Prognightmare said:

TxAG#2011 said:

This
Rice and Fries

Apple is so effing frustrating rn. For months I took pride in this being my largest long hold. And now its in the red almost daily it feels like.

Think its a buy at 105?
I think the best route is DCA into growing the apple position. I mean, there split adjust 52 week high is $136+, so no worries in keep holding and adding as it trends lower.
Brewmaster
AG
sorry to hear brother, there's always another one. Looks like more downside to come. 333 and change is resistance now.

Big boys are loading AAPL puts here...I added a few plus might add a TSLA put or put spread.
Brewmaster
AG
Prognightmare said:

TxAG#2011 said:

or next week at this rate. Tech sell off may have just started.
Brewmaster
AG

Think its a buy at 105?
AAPL has a gap to fill at 96, tech sell off is just starting. Save your bullets IMO.
Irish 2.0
Prognightmare said:

TxAG#2011 said:

This. Bulls aren't showing up until after 1EST if they decide to show up today. If they do, they're going to buy this damn thing back up and close us back in no man's land on the ETFs. And destroy the rest of the day's premium
$30,000 Millionaire
AG

Think its a buy at 105?
I can't tell you what to do, but I feel like it would be OK to scale in. no more than 20%
Irish 2.0
BREwmaster said:

Prognightmare said:

TxAG#2011 said:

or next week at this rate. Tech sell off may have just started.
Tech is down ~12.5% in 12 trading sessions. I think the sell might be nearing a point of exhaustion, but who knows.

ETA:
AAPL is about to fill the 106.4 gap. Not a bad spot to possibly start building into a long position and add on further dips
Jet Black
CWH under $30
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I think the bulls will show up. Lulling everyone into complacency.
Irish 2.0
I freely admit my account looks like **** right now because I'm carrying longer calls. Premium decay has hit me hard, but I haven't sold anything except a little HOG this morning just for cash flow.
Carlo4
AG

I think the bulls will show up. Lulling everyone into complacency.

They did yesterday to get Nasdaq back to 50 day average. I have a feeling they will today, also, but it's some huge ground to Cover.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Dumb question. How do you do a stop loss order on TDA? I've done it before but I just put in a stop market order for a price below the current share price and it automatically sold my position. I guess it took my order as wanting to sell when the price was at or above my activation price, which it was.

I know I've done a stop loss order easily before in the last but apparently my brain isn't functioning today.

Is a stop market order not a stop loss order?
FJ43
MBIO - I am guessing the conferences this week didn't have the juice to keep the momentum/support move up. 20% swing this week. Hit $4 and we are back to mid 3.40s.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Esteban du Plantier
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

Dumb question. How do you do a stop loss order on TDA? I've done it before but I just put in a stop market order for a price below the current share price and it automatically sold my position. I guess it took my order as wanting to sell when the price was at or above my activation price, which it was.

I know I've done a stop loss order easily before in the last but apparently my brain isn't functioning today.

Sounds like you entered a limit order and not a stop.
McKinney Ag69
AG
Think its prudent to sell ONTX with a 30% gain? Think it'll go back down to around .25 as typically happens after a run up?
mavsfan4ever
AG

mavsfan4ever said:

Yea, maybe I was just careless and accidentally did a limit order. But a sell stop market order should be a stop-loss order, correct?
tailgatetimer10
AG
Hard not to, isnt it? I wish I knew anything about this thing. I think I gotta at least sell some at this rate.
oldarmy1
AG
Bought AAPL Oct 2 $110
AgCPA95
AG
mavsfan4ever said:

mavsfan4ever said:

Yea, maybe I was just careless and accidentally did a limit order. But a sell stop market order should be a stop-loss order, correct?
That is how I understand it. The last trade price would have to equal to your price and then it will sell at the market price, which theoretically could be much lower with a tanking stock. A stop limit order would activate but not sell at anything less than your limit price so if it trades through your price you may still be holding your position.
Irish 2.0
VIX hedges are getting screwed...lol
Esteban du Plantier
AG
AgCPA95 said:

mavsfan4ever said:

mavsfan4ever said:

That is how I understand it. The last trade price would have to equal to your price and then it will sell at the market price, which theoretically could be much lower with a tanking stock. A stop limit order would activate but not sell at anything less than your limit price so if it trades through your price you may still be holding your position.

Truth. If you just pick STOP, it's a stop-market order.
McInnis 03
AG
CreakinDeacon said:

VIX hedges are getting screwed...lol

BIG TIME

Bigs figured out retail was using VXX to hedge
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
59 South
AG
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I was stupid today, but I'll ride this horse into the night.

Bought the SLV dip, bought AAPL 112.5c for tomorrow, bought AMZN 3100c which converted to 3060c's for tomorow, bought QQQ 268c for next week.

Ride or die. Hope it's not the latter.

Can't spell Y0L0 without the zeros
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Challenger 17 said:

Think its prudent to sell ONTX with a 30% gain? Think it'll go back down to around .25 as typically happens after a run up?

When all else fails check twitter using the $ to see if you can pick up any news scans on it. Once in a while you'll see an info drop there by some obscure poster who has made it his/her life mission to follow a certain stock and although its weird, they do know whats going on with the company.

If I personally had entered in at .21 with a large position, I'd probably sell off at least 2/3 rn and assume it'll be back in the .20s next week.
Engine10
AG
Sold 11/20 SPAQ covered calls. Happy to get called out @ that price and taking the premium against merger delay/disaster Edit: $35
Spaceship
AG
I'm getting killed on AMZN
Bob Knights Paper Hands
UpstateAg said:

Waiting on aapl to get to 100.

I went ahead and bought back my covered calls for < .40 on the dollar today. I think there's more nearterm downside still but I'm not going to risk getting called out on these.

Also what's the bat signal for TSLA buyers? My butterflys want them to get this back to 440 today.
First Page Last Page
Page 2190 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.