Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,055,626 Views | 231693 Replies | Last: 46 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
WoMD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Challenger 17 said:

Spaceship said:

Challenger 17 said:

How much additional ball cancer will 5G give my Testicles vs. 4G?

As long as your balls aren't talking on the phone they should be fine.
Your phone is in your pocket all day long.

They don't fit in his skinny jeans anymore, so it's in his fanny pack or strapped to his arm.
Spaceship
AG
Challenger 17 said:

Spaceship said:

Challenger 17 said:

I get that, I was joking.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Challenger 17 said:

Spaceship said:

Challenger 17 said:

Not so, now that I work from home and stare at TOS on my phone for huge stretches of the day.

Covid has done wonders reducing my nut-cancer risk. I've paid for it in foot problems since I never wear shoes now.
McInnis 03
AG
ES is machine gunning stops this evening.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Brewmaster
AG
futures ugly, ruhroh
Rice and Fries
Challenger 17 said:

Dan Scott
AG
Fun day tomorrow
Ragoo
AG
Welp
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Oh geez, pre market is looking really really bad right now. This is going to be big down day.
Square Pair
AG
Buying opportunity. I'm heavy MSFT, AAPL, AMZN, SPY and have taken a beating. Any pointers on comparable growth stocks?
59 South
AG
SPY needs to retest that 332 or so level and now 50 day avg one more time. If it holds and bounces all is good. It's way better to gap down and V recover than to gap up and fade all day ending red.

If 332 is lost, it's down to close 326.63 gap and test the previous level of 320-325. Again, not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things unless you loaded up on weekly call options.... which is never advisable.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Apple is practically the market.

On a daily basis, it has closed below the 5 and 21 EMA (which have crossed). 50MA is at $110/share. If it closes below the 50, could be interesting on the down side. Last close below the 50 was in April.

On a weekly basis, AAPL has barely touched it's 5 EMA (closed below last week). It's nowhere near the 21 or 50MA.

On a monthly basis, it is well above the 5 EMA and 21. It would need to get to $95/share to even touch it's monthly 5.

Apple routinely touches its monthly 5EMA and normally trades above it and nearer to it than it is now. So that means that Apple either trades sideways or down to have a tag. It's moved parabolically on a monthly basis, looks a lot like NDX in 2000. I am a long time shareholder, I am not in a hurry to buy shares other than dividend reinvestment. I would buy again at a 5 EMA touch.

34 P/E, which is on the high side for them historically. Most of my buys have been in the 12-13 range.

It just broke $110 the wrong way. Potentially headed for $95? My biggest long position. Of course, long I think its still great. Just painful to see this dark red hitting the screen.
FJ43
Couple questions for y'all...

1. What is the max % you have or would be willing to have invested in any one stock/position?
2. How many stocks/positions are you invested in on average?

I am primarily swing trading and find 6-7 working at any one time is about my limit.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

McInnis 03
AG

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
corndog04
AG
Latest TSA year-over-year numbers. Getting past the holiday noise period and back to suckage for airlines. Sitting at about 25% over last couple of days compared to same week days a year ago.

gougler08
AG
I'm going to do my part the first week of Oct, first work flight since the pandemic
corndog04
AG
gougler08 said:

I'm going to do my part the first week of Oct, first work flight since the pandemic

Nice! We are pretty locked down until end of year for work, but based on tone of e-mails from the numbers guys I bet the spigot will only slowly open after that. Probably going to take a few personal flights over the coming months though.
59 South
AG
FJ43 said:

1. What is the max % you have or would be willing to have invested in any one stock/position?

I am primarily swing trading and find 6-7 working at any one time is about my limit.
1. Don't have any hard rules but I typically have limited it to about 5% into an individual stock. The thing I struggle with is how or when to sell if those go way up (1st world probs I know... not complaining). This has happened to me on both ROKU and NIO which have gone about 4x and both now near 20% since I bought in but I think both still have great upside in the long run....

2. I'm about the same. I can only manage about 5 actively at a time. I have about 10 right now but only active with 4 of them.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Remember, triple witching.

Some panic selling at the open -> bounce mid day -> close Friday somewhere painful for everyone is a likely scenario.

Macro, I think the markets have changed direction and I think we go much lower - 3250 before the election.
McInnis 03
AG
-nm-

B&I Key:
59 South
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Remember, triple witching.

Some panic selling at the open -> bounce mid day -> close Friday somewhere painful for everyone is a likely scenario.

Macro, I think the markets have changed direction and I think we go much lower - 3250 before the election.
I don't think 3250 is really that much lower. I'd actually expect that at this point. Generally agree 3250 - 3500 range with volatility through the election seems the most plausible scenario...

Ragoo
AG
I am going to try and convert my spy 340c into a butterfly. Going to play around with some setups and see what I like.
jtmoney03
AG
My gut is a pullback to 3250 and then a slow rise to the election.
McInnis 03
AG
Today if QQQ touches 266 again I'm buying and I don't care what any of the other indicators say.

B&I Key:
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Post market last night looked mostly green. What happened?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Post market last night looked mostly green. What happened?
dip buyers getting killed.
FJ43
59 South said:

FJ43 said:

1. Don't have any hard rules but I typically have limited it to about 5% into an individual stock. The thing I struggle with is how or when to sell if those go way up (1st world probs I know... not complaining). This has happened to me on both ROKU and NIO which have gone about 4x and both now near 20% since I bought in but I think both still have great upside in the long run....

2. I'm about the same. I can only manage about 5 actively at a time. I have about 10 right now but only active with 4 of them.
Thanks 59. Appreciate the response. I've had as much as 20% in one stock but that has been after accumulating or needing to average myself down. Never as an initial buy. Learning as I go....
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

gougler08
AG
corndog04 said:

gougler08 said:

Nice! We are pretty locked down until end of year for work, but based on tone of e-mails from the numbers guys I bet the spigot will only slowly open after that. Probably going to take a few personal flights over the coming months though.
We're still only at "business critical travel" but it's slowly opening up. That being said, leadership has already said travel in 2021 will not go back to pre-COVID levels
62strat
AG
FJ43 said:

nflx is over 25% of my wife's fidelity. It was maybe 5% when I bought in '16. Let it ride baby. She has only 3 stocks (cost, aapl, nfx all bought in 2016) and all have done really well (+120%, +325%,+383%). Then she has 5 mutual funds.

I have about 10 stock positions and 5-6 mutual funds.

No rhyme or reason.. just whatever I'm feeling as I learn more and more about managing my own portfolio.
Ragoo
AG
My FA is selling my NFLX position. It is about 23% of my portfolio with them. Going to diversify those dollars a bit more.
FJ43
Thanks 62. All this helps me check and balance myself. Easy to get sucked in.

TriumphForks
AG
Well hot diggity.... ONTX is green right now.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Come on PINS!
Beerosch
AG
CreakinDeacon said:

CWH just caught my attention. Some good sized orders came in for the OCT 16 28C. I'm in these at 4.40 avg. Seems a bit oversold

Nice call. Had a good bounce after your post yesterday. There was an opportunity to pick them up in the mid 3's this morning but it bounced pretty fast into the green.
astroaggie13
AG
PINS is looking stronger than most this morning and could use that momentum to finally break out. OA1 had Oct $38 calls
Gig em Stros
First Page Last Page
Page 2182 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.