Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,048,072 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I thought I read that most/all of his proposed taxes are for the ultra high earners...so while may impact some whales here, doesn't hurt me

That being said, there's plenty of other reasons not to vote for Biden
ProgN
Like I said, I haven't verified it but if they do want to tax 401ks and IRAs then that will not be favorable for the markets.

James Woods has a large following and takes time to look at things before he tweets something that might not be true, so I give him the benefit of the doubt.

I know that progressives have confiscation of 401Ks and IRAs in their long term plans, but this isn't the forum for that discussion.
Jet Black
So until the end of the year you can pull money out of your 401k, ira without the 10% penalty. I wonder if it would make sense to pull it out if Biden is elected. Just thinking out loud here.
ProgN
gougler08 said:

I thought I read that most/all of his proposed taxes are for the ultra high earners...so while may impact some whales here, doesn't hurt me

That's his "declared" income tax plan. Do you use gas? A/C and heat your home? Buy food? Eat out? If so, your taxes will go up across the board.
ProgN
Jet Black said:

So until the end of the year you can pull money out of your 401k, ira without the 10% penalty. I wonder if it would make sense to pull it out if Biden is elected. Just thinking out loud here.
Short answer, yes.
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

gougler08 said:

That's his "declared" income tax plan. Do you use gas? A/C and heat your home? Buy food? Eat out? If so, your taxes will go up across the board.

Well yes the corporate tax increase + green energy BS would be some of the many reasons not to vote for Biden
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Several others of you use Fidelity. If I wanted to pull the 10 minute price data, say 10-minute close, for TSLA over the last 6 months how can I do this through Fidelity? I can export the data but it comes out as daily data over that large a time period.

Likewise I would like to be able to pull this same data for TSLA calls of various strikes and expiry dates over the same time period at the same 10 minute frequency.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I will give up my citizenship and move to Singapore if we get into a 401K confiscation and wealth tax climate.
texagbeliever
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I will give up my citizenship and move to Singapore if we get into a 401K confiscation and wealth tax climate.
You better brush up on your chinese, because if America falls east Asia is going to be easy pickings.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Prognightmare said:

Jet Black said:

Short answer, yes.

I usually stay on top of this and it rings a bell but can someone remind me what the situation is this year? My 401K/IRA gains way out returned my normal trading account due to March. Trying to figure out why a lot of people wouldn't take the gains this year especially if they think Biden may win...

Also for someone who can still co tribute to my Roth, wouldn't it be smart to pull from my traditional and put it into my roth this year instead of taking my normal paycheck to do that?
ProgN
If you're an active investor/trader and you have the chance to take control of your investments and not be limited to mutual funds, you do it. JMO, but I'd take that opportunity everyday. This thread will outperform any mutual funds if you stay away from the lottos and home run attempts.
Jet Black

Jet Black
Dumb question. Why is it always said contributions to Traditional IRA's are pretax? Do people have money taken from their paychecks and put into Traditional IRA's directly. I assumed most sent money to their ira after they were paid, after tax.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Thank you VERY much for sharing
HoustonAg2014
AG
Prognightmare said:

If you're an active investor/trader and you have the chance to take control of your investments and not be limited to mutual funds, you do it. JMO, but I'd take that opportunity everyday. This thread will outperform any mutual funds if you stay away from the lottos and home run attempts.

I agree 100%. When I left my former employer I was able to roll mine into a rollover IRA and with the help of this thread it has changed my life. 28 years old about to get married and no kids. Rent but looking to buy a home and I was thinking about taking some out of my Rollover to do so. This thread has helped my retirement return >100% YTD.

I normally would not recommend touching any 401k investment and just let it snowball, but when there is an advantage to taking out money for it, it seems very smart to do so.
Seven Costanza
AG
Jet Black said:

Dumb question. Why is it always said contributions to Traditional IRA's are pretax? Do people have money taken from their paychecks and put into Traditional IRA's directly. I assumed most sent money to their ira after they were paid, after tax.

The contribution is tax deductible, so you aren't paying taxes for that amount once you have filed your taxes that year. Thus the contribution has essentially not been taxed yet. You will instead pay taxes on that amount on the back end during retirement.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Guessing we are due for a red day tomorrow. Or at least I am. Monday and Tues were good so.....
WoMD
Aggiesincebirth said:

Prognightmare said:

I agree 100%. When I left my former employer I was able to roll mine into a rollover IRA and with the help of this thread it has changed my life. 28 years old about to get married and no kids. Rent but looking to buy a home and I was thinking about taking some out of my Rollover to do so. This thread has helped my retirement return >100% YTD.

I normally would not recommend touching any 401k investment and just let it snowball, but when there is an advantage to taking out money for it, it seems very smart to do so.

Is it this thread, or the fact that after the March drop it was almost impossible to NOT make a crap load on this market? Even I am doing well, and that says a lot...
HoustonAg2014
AG
This thread was a lot of it. I was 100% invested in the market when the crash happened. I didn't have but maybe $2k in my savings account. I followed the investments of some of the guys on here (I've been very risky) and made a lot of money. I put my whole retirement into Amazon at $1,600 then took it out at $2,400 and out it into Roku at $110 and I am still in it. Amazon wasn't from this thread but Roku 1,000% was. Everyone outside this thread told me to ditch it when it fell in March and I had faith and it bounced from $59 at the low to $168 at close today
59 South
AG
For you guys in the PINS calls... Stewie is nails. If he and OA are aligned, watch out. How would $7 be for those calls? Lots of time too.

If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
Engine10
AG
Time to YOLO those PINS 9/18 $38c lol
FriskyGardenGnome
AG
gougler08 said:

Putting corporate/wealth/inheritance tax increases aside for a moment, Biden will roll back the Trump tax cuts ASAP, if elected. If that doesn't grab your attention, I assume since you're reading this his proposed 40+% cap gains tax might impact you.

They could take ALL of the money from 'ultra high earners' and still not have enough to fund their proposals.

Your dollars are absolutely, without a doubt, being targeted.
thirdcoast
AG
KODK up 50% premarket on news about loans not breaking law.
texagbeliever
Possible big announcement: BIG 10 might announce they are playing football before noon today. This is one of those poorly kept secrets so it won't be shocking but could cause a bounce in the indexes and DKNG / gambling stocks.
ProgN
texagbeliever said:

Possible big announcement: BIG 10 might announce they are playing football before noon today. This is one of those poorly kept secrets so it won't be shocking but could cause a bounce in the indexes and DKNG / gambling stocks.
The B1G thought they were the leaders of college football and everyone would follow them. The SEC said hold my jockstrap and slammed it's dick on the table. Now the B1G is going to play.
Irish 2.0
McInnis 03
AG
The DKNG BWB I posted a week or so ago, i went really big on it (for me, y'all would laugh at it)........I don't know if I was pissed at losses, or convinced on the setup......let's just say I'm really happy with how it's playing out at this moment.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
AG

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
oh, and DKNG just signed an exclusive deal with the NY Giants. That's big with gambling legal in NJ and the base there. Their fundamentals are overblown right now but it may be worth taking a small position on a pullback. I feel like DKNG is going hard.

B&I Key:
oldarmy1
AG
PINS looks good to achieve $4+. I see it breaking a move above $40. Might want to get greedy on a last 10% of options after exiting $4 on rest and set trailing stop back to $3.50.

MBIO continues small moves upward daily. That's good as it keeps shorts at bay. Look for explosion move and be prepared to take some profits or better yet sell some nice covered call premium out of the money.

INMD looks good technically for a move so OCT 16 calls$3 out of the money look good.

DDOG has been moving and should continue.

MGNI coming off it's major support for another profit accumulation sale with net free already in the books. $7.50+ for selling any new shares
cptthunder
Anyone care to share their plans if they bit off some of the FDX 260C action yesterday?
Sell right at open or wait and see how the day plays out some?
McGibblets
AG
ZOM is driving me nuts
cptthunder
cptthunder said:

Anyone care to share their plans if they bit off some of the FDX 260C action yesterday?
Sell right at open or wait and see how the day plays out some?
Nevermind,,, lesson learned on this one for now
TecRecAg
AG
I've learned a very hard lesson to let things play out for 30 minutes if I hold overnight. Too much action to get an accurate read on where it's headed.
tsuag10
AG
McInnis 03 said:

The DKNG BWB I posted a week or so ago, i went really big on it (for me, y'all would laugh at it)........I don't know if I was pissed at losses, or convinced on the setup......let's just say I'm really happy with how it's playing out at this moment.
I bought 2 weekly flys 50/55/60 for 0.35 each on Monday. Just sold 1 for 1.40 and I'm letting the other ride until Friday.
First Page Last Page
Page 2176 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.