Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,057,252 Views | 231701 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
khaos288
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

S&P futures up, ViX down. Count me as interested but skeptical. I'm ready to make back last week's money, but feel like I'm going to get catfished at any moment by the hot babe markets I met online.

This week seems like it's bound to be sideways. A little up today and a little down to finish.
McInnis 03
AG
Good gap up but audjpy is at LOD, could be head fake
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
AG
BIO play $SAVA gapping up HARD after very good P2 results on Alzheimers drug.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Rice and Fries
One thing to keep on radars is another no deal brexit....

The UK apparently isn't united and the Eurozone is playing hardball with Boris. So potentially could impact markets alongside everything corona related.
fooz
Keep your eye on $SPOT after this tweet.

Hendrix
AG
That would incredible. Won't happen though. They're playing hide the Biden.
ProgN
Quote:

Overstock.com Initiated at Buy by Needham
gougler08
AG
Rice and Fries said:

One thing to keep on radars is another no deal brexit....

The UK apparently isn't united and the Eurozone is playing hardball with Boris. So potentially could impact markets alongside everything corona related.
Damn this is still a possibility? Amazing how long it's taking the UK to do anything with Brexit
oldarmy1
AG
Even with UBER I ended up with losses last week. Pennant breakout on macro markets took longer than I expected. But the 100 SPY calls kick things off nicely.

Buying PINS Oct 16, $38 or $39 calls at open if no further pop than now or if pops will grab a few but load on any initial pullback aided by early anticipated SPY profit taking.
oldarmy1
AG
$4 target on PINS

Confidence is high
TecRecAg
AG
Got OCT 38's at 1.54.. $4 would be nice.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
unloaded NVDA 520/530 at a small profit. Considering myself lucky on this one.
McInnis 03
AG
KTOS on a breakout? Bought shares.

B&I Key:
Running with the Bulls
CCO having a good day!
Irish 2.0
CreakinDeacon said:

I think Monday we reclaim the 50DMA. Like I said, wasn't impressed with the bears given their inability to sell this thing and keep it sold towards the end of the day. They had everything in their favor to do it; gap up to trap bulls, multiple 50DMA tests and an overextended sentiment on tech. The volume flush just never came to push this thing lower. Which it absolutely should've come after the technical damage to the 50DMA. People are still too scared to short right now IMO. I think we see a pretty decent green day Monday. Technicals say more selling, but this close turned me off of it due to capturing back 3.5pts from the lows in the last 90mins and finishing closer to the 50DMA than the daily low. Buyers stepped in. Time will tell. Play the value. Don't try to guess it. I caught the QQQ short for a nice day and got stopped on my last piece at b/e. Finished the day flat due to some premium decay on my leaps.
oldarmy1
AG
So Friday buy SPY calls turned out...ok

BTW $above $342 for retest last 2 times is likely. I'll be long gone.
ranchag04
AG
Aggie_2463 said:

OA,

Seeing MGNI at $5.65 and how you've promoted this stock in past, are you loading the boat at this price?
oldarmy1
AG
ranchag04 said:

Aggie_2463 said:

OA,

Seeing MGNI at $5.65 and how you've promoted this stock in past, are you loading the boat at this price?

Instead of adding more shares I bought back all of the covered calls I had on 50% of the shares. Above $7.50 and I re-enter $10 calls out to 2021 next time.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Even with UBER I ended up with losses last week. Pennant breakout on macro markets took longer than I expected. But the 100 SPY calls kick things off nicely.

Buying PINS Oct 16, $38 or $39 calls at open if no further pop than now or if pops will grab a few but load on any initial pullback aided by early anticipated SPY profit taking.
OA, is $1.40 still the target on the UBER 9/25 $37.50C?
tamc1956ag
S
you lost me at instead
oldarmy1
AG
Dale Earnhardts Stache said:

oldarmy1 said:

OA, is $1.40 still the target on the UBER 9/25 $37.50C?
It looks like today is a top on UBER, so either exit or use a trailing stop.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
CreakinDeacon said:

CreakinDeacon said:

I think Monday we reclaim the 50DMA. Like I said, wasn't impressed with the bears given their inability to sell this thing and keep it sold towards the end of the day. They had everything in their favor to do it; gap up to trap bulls, multiple 50DMA tests and an overextended sentiment on tech. The volume flush just never came to push this thing lower. Which it absolutely should've come after the technical damage to the 50DMA. People are still too scared to short right now IMO. I think we see a pretty decent green day Monday. Technicals say more selling, but this close turned me off of it due to capturing back 3.5pts from the lows in the last 90mins and finishing closer to the 50DMA than the daily low. Buyers stepped in. Time will tell. Play the value. Don't try to guess it. I caught the QQQ short for a nice day and got stopped on my last piece at b/e. Finished the day flat due to some premium decay on my leaps.

Creak, any indication for us long/simple traders as to where we are headed as a market whole at least for the next couple of weeks? (Or leading into election if you have thoughts on that)
oldarmy1
AG
PFE CEO says they will know if vaccine for covid works by end of Oct.
Brewmaster
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I'm watching DXY/ USD too. It is amazing when it goes up, there's a delay, then SPY dumps, if it drops (like this morning), SPY runs. There's a guy in HP's room that swings SPY calls and puts off DXY. He's been crushing it.
Philip J Fry
AG
Anyone following Takeda Pharmaceuticals? Saw an article yesterday that claims they may have found root cause (Bradykinin Storm )for the damage Covid causes and these folks already have a drug out there that addresses it.
McInnis 03
AG
BREwmaster said:

McInnis 03 said:

I'm watching DXY/ USD too. It is amazing when it goes up, there's a delay, then SPY dumps, if it drops (like this morning), SPY runs. There's a guy in HP's room that swings SPY calls and puts off DXY. He's been crushing it.
Dollar up, equities cheaper so they drop.
Dollar down, equities more expensive so they rise.

It's really the master key to some simple price action.

B&I Key:
Boat Shoes
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Anyone following Takeda Pharmaceuticals? Saw an article yesterday that claims they may have found root cause (Bradykinin Storm )for the damage Covid causes and these folks already have a drug out there that addresses it.

Can you like the article?
Ragoo
AG
I am on a TSLA call fly. 380/400/420. Opened earlier this AM.

Basis @ $3.50
McInnis 03
AG
MBIO pushing to the top of the Darvas box.......no significant volume today. If you want to go with Mr. Darvas' approach, you know what to be ready for.

B&I Key:
Philip J Fry
AG
https://www.yahoo.com/news/supercomputer-found-promising-theory-why-115500793.html

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/88560
zag213004
AG
McInnis 03 said:

MBIO pushing to the top of the Darvas box.......no significant volume today. If you want to go with Mr. Darvas' approach, you know what to be ready for.

With little volume does one expect it to go back down typically therefore staying in the box... Or does it indicate a breakout
Brewmaster
AG
chop the rest of the day? Tuesdays are usually red on quad witching weeks and almost always after a green Monday.
McInnis 03
AG
zwhag2010 said:

McInnis 03 said:

With little volume does one expect it to go back down typically therefore staying in the box... Or does it indicate a breakout
Think of resistance (top of the box) to be a levee. If the water stays at normal levels, the levee holds fine. Now if a flood comes, the levee risks failure. The flood is equivalent to high volume, need it to break it.

B&I Key:
Ragoo
AG
In PTON call fly @ $.80
80/85/90
zag213004
AG
McInnis 03 said:

zwhag2010 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Think of resistance (top of the box) to be a levee. If the water stays at normal levels, the levee holds fine. Now if a flood comes, the levee risks failure. The flood is equivalent to high volume, need it to break it.

Thanks! That's what I thought. However it's nice to bounce my thoughts off of others that may have more experience than me
First Page Last Page
Page 2168 of 6621

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.