Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,072,084 Views | 231774 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
Spaceship
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Interesting and a little ominous
ProgN
I don't see any scenario where we revisit the March lows.

ETA: except if Biden wins and Dems take both houses on Election Day.
Irish 2.0
Spaceship said:

I'll bet anyone here $500 for a charity of their choice that we don't revisit 2020 low on the DOW, Nasdaq, or S&P by the end of 2021.

Even with a Biden win
Baby Billy
AG
CreakinDeacon said:

Spaceship said:

I'll bet anyone here $500 for a charity of their choice that we don't revisit 2020 low on the DOW, Nasdaq, or S&P by the end of 2021.

Even with a Biden win

I'll bet $20,000
tailgatetimer10
thirdcoast
AG
CreakinDeacon said:

Spaceship said:

Even with a Biden win

Sounds like the same crazy people back in April that said we would V correction and hit new all time highs in 2020!
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

BREwmaster said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

I think we have more downside early next week. we'll see.
agree, DXY and DUG think so too...

QQQ finished below 272. That was a line in the sand for next week, needed to close there or above.
I think we get a good flush Monday or Tuesday, and then it will retrace to around SPY 345. What it does after that, nobody knows.

I saw that OA bought a SPY 345 position, I think. I will join him early next week most likely.

I think so too...yesterday was green by what .20 cents? A 10% pullback would be 324 and several indicators are pointing to more than a June type drop.

But No, I won't take irish's bet! I think we see 400 before 220 again.
McInnis 03
AG
Friendly warning.

Quad witching week.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/11/jim-cramer-ipo-roundup-be-prepared-as-these-deals-start-flowing.html
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/12/astrazeneca-coronavirus-vaccine-clinical-trials-resume-in-uk-after-pause-over-safety-concerns.html
Ragoo
AG
Watching:
Aapl, if we see 110 again Monday/Tuesday I will buy ATM calls out 30 days.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
So, are you selling VIX calls? My goal this week is high quality setups only.
UpstateAg
AG
Off topic, but figure you check this more than other threads. Does your whoop usb charger suck?
Ragoo
AG
UpstateAg said:

Off topic, but figure you check this more than other threads. Does your whoop usb charger suck?
not that I have been able to tell. I plug it into a universal USB charging dock. I don't charge it but every 3-4 days.
Brewmaster
AG
FWIW...The last 3 quad witching weeks (even the March dump), we gapped up Monday then we were flat and choppy the rest of the week. (exception was June, ran a bit Tuesday too before sell off Tuesday afternoon).

any of you in DUG yet? HP loves it here (currently bullish consolidation), great hedge alternative or addition to VXX.

I'm watching DXY (usd). If DXY really pops, markets will get dumpy quick...some food for thought:

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I'm gonna get to sell more snap calls! Sold 24.5 last week, worked out pretty sweet. Got wrecked on pretty much everything else. I thought 91+ on peloton was in the bag. Grabbed Monday expiry 338 calls right at close
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
McInnis 03 said:

If you want a LOTTO play (ALL OR NOTHING), the AMD 100c I'm on for next friday is trading at $.39 right now. When it hits $90-$91, it's been trading at about $1 or more up to now. Theta gonna start hitting it, but any rebound will hit.

AMD has held 87 so far today.

Again, lotto, this goes to zero if I'm wrong.

Zero it is!
McInnis 03
AG
NRD09 said:

McInnis 03 said:

If you want a LOTTO play (ALL OR NOTHING), the AMD 100c I'm on for next friday is trading at $.39 right now. When it hits $90-$91, it's been trading at about $1 or more up to now. Theta gonna start hitting it, but any rebound will hit.

Zero it is!
For certain. And a BIG zero.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Esteban du Plantier
AG
McInnis 03 said:

NRD09 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Zero it is!
For certain. And a BIG zero.

I managed to jump out before it went totally worthless.
McInnis 03
AG
Options gone parabolic

B&I Key:
ProgN
OA,

My son (5) caught his first fish today. A 2 lb black bass! I'm proud of him.

It's not trading stuff but this thread is family and I wanted to share my excitement with y'all.
spud1910
AG
Prognightmare said:

OA,

My son (5) caught his first fish today. A 2 lb black bass! I'm proud of him.

It's not trading stuff but this thread is family and I wanted to share my excitement with y'all.
Very cool. I caught my first at about that age on a Lucky 13.
McInnis 03
AG

B&I Key:
Brewmaster
AG
this is a new one for me... the inverse Cup and Handle (and this is on QQQ), bearish formation: this is 30 minute, easiest to see on this time frame.

Aggie_2463
AG
OA,

Seeing MGNI at $5.65 and how you've promoted this stock in past, are you loading the boat at this price?
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/13/apple-one-bundle-long-rumored-would-cheer-wall-street.html
Quote:

For Apple investors, the most exciting product the company could release this fall isn't a new version of the iPhone or Apple Watch: It's a bundle that tie some of the company's subscription services together and give users with a discount for subscribing to more than one at the same time.

Apple hasn't confirmed "Apple One," the suggested name for the bundle, but technology blog 9to5Google found code in the Apple Music Android app earlier this week suggesting that the iPhone maker will tie its music service to other subscriptions it offers, like Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, and iCloud storage.

If Apple One launches this fall, Wall Street investors and analysts will be happy. An Apple bundle has been on investor wish lists for years
59 South
AG
For you longer term investors, I'm eyeing AAPL, OSTK & DOCU on this pull back. Patiently waiting.

Also looking to add more CWH. I finally figured out the kiss method (keep it simple stupid).
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/14/microsoft-bid-for-tiktoks-us-operations-rejected-by-bytedance.html
McInnis 03
AG
Rumor orcl getting tiktok

B&I Key:
Irish 2.0
McInnis 03 said:

Rumor orcl getting tiktok

Or no one gets it considering the CCP is on record as saying they'd rather TikTok get shutdown instead of being sold to a US company.

https://www.engadget.com/china-opposes-tiktok-sale-report-175142220.html
McInnis 03
AG

B&I Key:
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Looks like tomorrow gonna be crazy.
AgShaun00
AG
59 South said:

For you longer term investors, I'm eyeing AAPL, OSTK & DOCU on this pull back. Patiently waiting.

Also looking to add more CWH. I finally figured out the kiss method (keep it simple stupid).
Made the same plays already on all 3.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
59 South said:

Posted this in other thread re: ostk. Would love to hear yours or anyone's thoughts:

I'm not sure Monday is the right time to get in as maybe it dips more but $OSTK does not make sense at $2.8B mc and $65pps.

Its projected revenue 12m is expected to be $3B. A conservative 1.5Xs multiple means $4.5B valuation and $100+ pps. A 3Xs valuation is $9B mc and $200+pps.

This doesn't even account for its ownership of TZero which some people are saying may carry its own market cap of $6-8b within 2-3 years.

Long story short, logic seems to say $OSTK is way oversold and might be a great long play.

Edit: and BTW $KIRK has similar story dd so if the above DD for $OSTK is logical, then $KIRK could be a real value too.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
S&P futures up, ViX down. Count me as interested but skeptical. I'm ready to make back last week's money, but feel like I'm going to get catfished at any moment by the hot babe markets I met online.
First Page Last Page
Page 2167 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.