Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,073,097 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by El_duderino
thirdcoast
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brewmaster
AG
Dan Scott said:

I think it means more downside. We haven't really gotten the huge volume flush and snap back. VIX hasn't even gone green yet
Yep, and you've been spot on Dan. I'm holding puts over the weekend - not even worried about a bounce. Lots of very bearish setups right now. S&P should test 3300 soon (if not this afternoon).
UpstateAg
AG
Bought back my Apple calls for 96% profit in two days.
Irish 2.0
BREwmaster said:

Dan Scott said:

I think it means more downside. We haven't really gotten the huge volume flush and snap back. VIX hasn't even gone green yet
Yep, and you've been spot on Dan. I'm holding puts over the weekend - not even worried about a bounce. Lots of very bearish setups right now. S&P should test 3300 soon (if not this afternoon).
I would not be shocked if they run the QQQ back above the 50DMA (271.35) before the EOD. Not saying I think it will happen, saying I wouldn't be shocked by it. We've seen the **** happen in this market way too many times IMO
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
BREwmaster said:

Dan Scott said:

Are you guys thinking we go back to a March like pull down?
ProgN
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

BREwmaster said:

Dan Scott said:

Irish 2.0
CreakinDeacon said:

Even in all of this selling, take a look at FDX. Holding up very well comparatively
This one has been quite good to me. Carrying a few 9/18 220C net free into their ER next week
MaroonDynasty
Need SNAP to close over $24.
Dan Scott
AG
No, not a march but I think the 200MA is in play. Looking back to 2017, anytime we've had a material breach of the 50MA during an uptrend, we've tested the 200MA

I don't know how fast it happens but there's room for about another 5% downside left In my opinion
thirdcoast
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

BREwmaster said:

Dan Scott said:

Calling this a normal correction then headed to $4K on S&P feels similar to those calling $1700 back in early March on any bounce.
Irish 2.0
Dan Scott said:

No, not a march but I think the 200MA is in play. Looking back to 2017, anytime we've had a material breach of the 50MA during an uptrend, we've tested the 200MA

I don't know how fast it happens but there's room for about another 5% downside left In my opinion
That was also before we had direct interference from the Fed in the markets too.
McInnis 03
AG
If anyone is looking for a fish that can swim up stream, NKE is hitting new ATH today.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Irish 2.0
McInnis 03 said:

If anyone is looking for a fish that can swim up stream, NKE is hitting new ATH today.
WKHS is up there too. This has piqued my interest in the short term to make moves similar to NKLA
MaroonDynasty
Sales and trading employees starting to get called back into the office. Trump with the tweet about JPM employees coming back.

Companies starting to realize day to day accountability is harder to execute with WFH model. Rally cry speeches and ultimatums dont go over as well over zoom and email. Big wigs and middle management still want to salvage end of year bonuses, continued employment, COVID or not.
ProgN
CreakinDeacon said:

Dan Scott said:

That was also before we had direct interference from the Fed in the markets too.
That was also when "millions of Americans" will die, NY needs 30k ventilators, Hospital ships to NYC and LA, Mobile morgues, convention ctrs and stadiums converted to triage units and we have to shutdown the economy and everyone stay home. All this bull**** over a cold virus with a 99.97% survival rate.

None of that is going to happen and the fed is printing money faster than Irish can spend it on hookers and blow.

tailgatetimer10
AG
I think he was talking about 2017..
Irish 2.0
MaroonDynasty said:

Need SNAP to close over $24.

You may be in good company
ProgN
tailgatetimer10 said:

Regardless, the fed fueled market is buy the dips until they hint at drawing down their support.
Ted Lasso
AG
PFE volume spike?
Dan Scott
AG
Really impressed how well NIO has held up. It's been relatively strong last couple weeks
59 South
AG
CreakinDeacon said:

McInnis 03 said:

WKHS is up there too. This has piqued my interest in the short term to make moves similar to NKLA

Agree, that chart is one of the prettiest ones I've ever seen to be quite honest.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
McInnis 03
AG
Dan Scott said:

Really impressed how well NIO has held up. It's been relatively strong last couple weeks
NIO, SPAQ, WKHS, they're all benefitting from A) TSLA & B) The questions around NKLA
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Irish 2.0
CreakinDeacon said:

BREwmaster said:

Dan Scott said:

I would not be shocked if they run the QQQ back above the 50DMA (271.35) before the EOD. Not saying I think it will happen, saying I wouldn't be shocked by it. We've seen the **** happen in this market way too many times IMO
2.5pts off the lows...~1.5pts to go with 1.5hrs left... This could turn into a bear slaughter if the bulls pull it off. A trap has been set with the ETF call:put
59 South
AG
Agree, this could end up being hilarious imo. SPY just went green.

Yours truly, permabull
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
thirdcoast
AG
Prognightmare said:

tailgatetimer10 said:

Regardless, the fed fueled market is buy the dips until they hint at drawing down their support.

Totally agree. In Powell speech couple weeks ago I noticed he replaced "liquidity" with "inflation" in his 2 pronged mandate with "full employment". Thought that was interesting....and the biggest change since March.
Fireman
AG
It's a bit ironic sending a dude a GIF you have to read when he has a username of Orl.....Cant Read.

Hopefully his lip reading did not interpret your message as: "Yes Man ... Sell Now Man"
ProgN
Good catch, he's going to let the economy run hot before he even hints at pulling back. That liquidity will find its way into equities.
MaroonDynasty
Most of my stocks are either up or down 3%+ today.
McInnis 03
AG
59 South said:

Agree, this could end up being hilarious imo. SPY just went green.

Yours truly, permabull
You must now change your handle to "Permabull Sunshine Pumper"

B&I Key:
Irish 2.0
CreakinDeacon said:

CreakinDeacon said:

BREwmaster said:

Dan Scott said:

2.5pts off the lows...~1.5pts to go with 1.5hrs left... This could turn into a bear slaughter if the bulls pull it off. A trap has been set with the ETF call:put

Oh bears...this is sad even on low volume!! I hate the 5min, but if it clears 270.65, It's got a direct line to 271.66...Back above the 50!

ETA:
Struggling at the hourly 5DMA around 270.25. Needs a burst
Fireman
AG
CreakinDeacon said:

McInnis 03 said:

Yep - a bit too far for $WKHS. Seems to follow TSLA on about a 10-day lag too. Buying 9/25 $22Ps for $1.95. Think she falls to $18ish.
59 South
Brewmaster
AG
Dan Scott said:

Great point and I have to agree... even if it isn't popular opinion here. Fed can only do so much for so long, eventually a more sizeable cool off is needed. Volatility has also been curling upward for a week or so now (then it gets suppressed down, like clockwork). Eventually that game won't work.
ProgN
"2 on, 2 down, 2 outs, bottom of the ninth.......I'm sure he's a close family friend, but what was he doing with your wife's panties on his head"?

Jake Taylor call your shot for the last hour of trading time?

What y'all got?
gougler08
AG
Dan Scott said:

Have been successfully selling covered calls far enough out of the money to pocket premium this whole run up, NIO has been really good to me
First Page Last Page
Page 2165 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.