Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,077,652 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by El_duderino
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
McInnis 03 said:

LULU - Think this bottomed?
The ladies in my family, who have kept LuLu in business I am convinced, have the past 3-4 month been less impressed with the brand, their offering and selections than they were previously. I have seen our closets fill with other brands. Also seems to be similar in the circles they run.

Not sure if that means anything overall....
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

BrokeAssAggie
McInnis 03 said:

Lulu and bottoms...

McInnis 03
AG
Engine10 said:

Ragoo said:

Pton with volume

Riding my long from ~$82 into tomorrow, might take $ and run.
I have butterflies and verticals galore on PTON right now, will likely close them all before earnigns tomorrow.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
khaos288
AG
I bleed maroon said:

khaos288 said:

gig em 02 said:

How do I invest in memory for these consoles now that games are 8 TB each with a new update coming out 5 times a day?
RAM and SSDs are pretty cheap nowadays, but if you're expecting a big spike, you can invest in rare earth mining companies or the like. When SSDs and RAM were super expensive, it was material cost that really spiked and drove the price up.
I invested in SQM over 5 years ago as a lithium play, and it has been a performance laggard. Is there a rare earth or other battery component company that looks like a good investment to take advantage of the EV boom? I feel like I should have more in play in this sector.
Tough to see anything that's even been performing well over the past 5y. REEMF has been growing, but just a tough industry to make money in at the moment. Lots of competition, and not a crazy amount of scarcity at the moment.
khaos288
AG
I bleed maroon said:

khaos288 said:

gig em 02 said:

How do I invest in memory for these consoles now that games are 8 TB each with a new update coming out 5 times a day?
RAM and SSDs are pretty cheap nowadays, but if you're expecting a big spike, you can invest in rare earth mining companies or the like. When SSDs and RAM were super expensive, it was material cost that really spiked and drove the price up.
I invested in SQM over 5 years ago as a lithium play, and it has been a performance laggard. Is there a rare earth or other battery component company that looks like a good investment to take advantage of the EV boom? I feel like I should have more in play in this sector.
Tough to see anything that's even been performing well over the past 5y. REEMF has been growing, but just a tough industry to make money in at the moment. Lots of competition, and not a crazy amount of scarcity at the moment.
khaos288
AG
I bleed maroon said:

khaos288 said:

gig em 02 said:

tailgatetimer10
AG
TecRecAg said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

khaos288 said:

Bonfire1996 said:

MSFT

That XBox set up, with two versions both with monthly payable plans, and a cloud based strategy, is a straight up Sony PlayStation killer. It's over.
Xbox games are going to be widely, if not wholely, available on pc, which is stealing market share from consoles. Playstation still has a very loyal base, and a myriad of exclusives.

Very few will buy a PC+Xbox because there will be no added benefit. Plenty of people will buy PC+Playstation.
Can someone explain why these gaming companies haven't completely partnered with the Roku and Amazon Fire TV and all the smart TV's go completely get rid of the physical console? It seems like it would cut expenses down in a big way where people only have to purchase the controller. It would be a nice partnership for all involved...
Stadia has tried that but it hasn't caught on. Especially the online gaming (think Call of Duty) where you're relying on the internet/cloud to make use of your inputs in the controller. Too much lag. Once they can get the hardware to process it fast enough and eliminate that lag they'll be on to something.

Google (stadia), Microsoft (x cloud), Amazon, and Nividia all are highly invested in cloud gaming. It is coming and it is the future. And it isn't that far away. That is why you see microsoft starting to put out the cheaper xbox variant.
Engine10
AG
That's where I'm at. Cash out before earnings, will look to re-enter after we cool off a bit.
tailgatetimer10
AG
TecRecAg said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

khaos288 said:

Bonfire1996 said:

MSFT

That XBox set up, with two versions both with monthly payable plans, and a cloud based strategy, is a straight up Sony PlayStation killer. It's over.
Xbox games are going to be widely, if not wholely, available on pc, which is stealing market share from consoles. Playstation still has a very loyal base, and a myriad of exclusives.

Very few will buy a PC+Xbox because there will be no added benefit. Plenty of people will buy PC+Playstation.
Can someone explain why these gaming companies haven't completely partnered with the Roku and Amazon Fire TV and all the smart TV's go completely get rid of the physical console? It seems like it would cut expenses down in a big way where people only have to purchase the controller. It would be a nice partnership for all involved...
Stadia has tried that but it hasn't caught on. Especially the online gaming (think Call of Duty) where you're relying on the internet/cloud to make use of your inputs in the controller. Too much lag. Once they can get the hardware to process it fast enough and eliminate that lag they'll be on to something.

Amazon, google (stadia), microsoft (x cloud), Nvidia are all heavily invested in cloud computing. It is coming very very soon and is the future. I know its not ready right now, but it will be soon.
Jet Black
Thoughts on airline stocks going forward?
tailgatetimer10
AG
khaos288 said:

gig em 02 said:

The primary metal used in semiconductor is copper. The most recent memory shortage was driven by the mining craze in 2018. You can use this is a reference point of what happens when memory is short in supply.

BTW, they were short due to manufacturing -- not due to raw materials.
TheVarian
AG
Controllers have it built into them to have an auto aim feature if you get close to the hit box of your target. The PC is easier because you're hacking. You can also turn your DPI (Sensitivity) up to crazy amounts and some people are just talented with it. But more often than not, mice rely on your muscles rather than the electronics
khaos288
AG
TheVarian said:

Controllers have it built into them to have an auto aim feature if you get close to the hit box of your target. The PC is easier because you're hacking. You can also turn your DPI (Sensitivity) up to crazy amounts and some people are just talented with it. But more often than not, mice rely on your muscles rather than the electronics
Wild. I've never heard of any one preferring controller over mouse for competitive gaming.
khaos288
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

khaos288 said:

gig em 02 said:

The primary metal used in semiconductor is copper. The most recent memory shortage was driven by the mining craze in 2018. You can use this is a reference point of what happens when memory is short in supply.

BTW, they were short due to manufacturing -- not due to raw materials.
The timeframe I'm thinking of was around 2014. When SSDs were running 1$+/GB and ram was proportionately expensive. I could have sworn that was a materials issue, but I'll have to do some digging because sometimes I forget what I had for breakfast.
FJ43
QD - Is there a target buy in on this one at this point? If there is one....

52 week low was $1.21 and we are at $1.35 now. Thinking this may still go lower and approach the mid $1.20s. Sell off looks like its continuing.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

You should think about listening to yourself. This is why you can't have nice things.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
tailgatetimer10
AG
There's no doubt it impacts the cost of copper, though.
ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

You should think about listening to yourself. This is why you can't have nice things.
I said to myself, "self"
khaos288
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

There's no doubt it impacts the cost of copper, though.
Good to know! Thanks, and I'll update my original post.
tailgatetimer10
AG
You're good. It's a weird business dynamic (2014).. that is the midst of the smart phone being pushed to literally every human being out there. So many Fabs migrated from building memory to LSI to support mobile chips. Next thing you knew, memory was more profitable.
khaos288
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

You're good. It's a weird business dynamic (2014).. that is the midst of the smart phone being pushed to literally every human being out there. So many Fabs migrated from building memory to LSI to support mobile chips. Next thing you knew, memory was more profitable.
Makes sense. That was before I was in the market, so I didn't have a deep analysis of the why. I just remembered the big price spike, and a rumor of it being materials.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I sold an NDX iron fly at 11,400, 100 wide on each side for $90 in credit. max risk is $10.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Prognightmare said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

I said to myself, "self"
I should have listened to myself when I bought LULU at 170.5 last June, then sold it 10 weeks later at 199 figuring it'd bounce off 200. Which it did, for a hot minute... Really I should have stopped listening to myself after the purchase, and had someone smash my fingers with a hammer
khaos288
AG
pretty big sell off the last couple hours. More chop to come, I think
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I am sort of nuclear short at the moment....tight stop. we'll see what happens.
McInnis 03
AG
Per our ol' pal Irish, $1.4MM in contracts came through on TSLA 400C for 9/18 right at the close.

B&I Key:
AgShaun00
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Per our ol' pal Irish, $1.4MM in contracts came through on TSLA 400C for 9/18 right at the close.
sold mine today for 70% which i needed as my last 4 tsla would flops after a strong run with tsla prior. I did rebuy with profits right before the close so I hope this will help.
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I am sort of nuclear short at the moment....tight stop. we'll see what happens.
as am I! that was a hell of a run up today. These things don't typically work themselves out in a few trading days. The June one created rips and dips for 2 weeks.

Ragoo
AG
McInnis 03 said:

380/400/420 pin for next week?
McInnis 03
AG
FYI, these guys have a spotty record, but there likely will be ripples no matter what.

B&I Key:
Betoisafurry
$NKLA?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
knowing my luck it's amd, mu, ostk or HD.

or GOCO
Brewmaster
AG
so they plan to short whatever company they're about to bash? LOL.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
probably already have a short position, or whoever hired them to do the "research" and write the smear piece does. Like citron and muddy waters...total sleazeballs
E
AG
It better not be NIO
First Page Last Page
Page 2155 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.