Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,055,620 Views | 231693 Replies | Last: 46 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
Carlo4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rice and Fries said:

NASDAQ down 2%.

10YR UST got to 74, before dropping to 68.

DIS upgraded to buy. Hopefully we can get out of these calls in the green.

Nasdaq down 3.5% FIFy
leoj
AG
Carlo4 said:

UpstateAg said:

That's interesting....

And a 50% jump last 10 min

Exited my swing position a week or two ago. Smh
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Glad I picked up those QQQ puts. Too bad I didn't get more.
McInnis 03
AG
Gap fade says NO NO NO, this is legit volume on this gap down, as expected. Yuck, could be another one of those days.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Touchless
AG
Prognightmare said:

General Motors takes 11% stake and $2 billion in equity in electric truck maker Nikola

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/08/general-motors-takes-11percent-stake-and-2-billion-in-equity-in-electric-truck-maker-nikola-.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard
Those trucks do look pretty bad ass. Wish they had one that was a little more heavy duty or at least with a larger bed. With no engine to offset the weight of a trailer or fully loaded bed, I'd assume that could cause some issues with keeping the weight balanced and front wheels on the ground.
khaos288
AG
All cash gang checking in
fooz
Touchless said:

Prognightmare said:

General Motors takes 11% stake and $2 billion in equity in electric truck maker Nikola

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/08/general-motors-takes-11percent-stake-and-2-billion-in-equity-in-electric-truck-maker-nikola-.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard
Those trucks do look pretty bad ass. Wish they had one that was a little more heavy duty or at least with a larger bed. With no engine to offset the weight of a trailer or fully loaded bed, I'd assume that could cause some issues with keeping the weight balanced and front wheels on the ground.
I thought the batteries weighed more than an engine.
Irish 2.0
Don't try to catch a falling knife on the open. Lots of retail S/L are going to trigger on the open. Believe it or not, the value is actually to the upside with this gap down for day traders. Honestly, who in the hell wants to short the QQQ already down ~$9? The QQQ isn't really on my short list unless it starts giving up the $269.20 area. Keep an eye on the 50DMA on these beta stocks that have had the massive moves during the COVID. They're strong, but if they give, lots of value on the moves down. You can do some pretty good bounce plays off of them as well, just be prepared to cut your losses if they don't hold. I personally won't even be trading in the first 30mins. Eliminating bias is important with days like today. Flipping bear to bull or bull to bear intraday isn't uncommon with days like today.
ProgN
BIGC is a buy right here for a trade.
McInnis 03
AG
CreakinDeacon said:

Don't try to catch a falling knife on the open. Lots of retail S/L are going to trigger on the open. Believe it or not, the value is actually to the upside with this gap down for day traders. Honestly, who in the hell wants to short the QQQ already down ~$9? The QQQ isn't really on my short list unless it starts giving up the $269.20 area. Keep an eye on the 50DMA on these beta stocks that have had the massive moves during the COVID. They're strong, but if they give, lots of value on the moves down. You can do some pretty good bounce plays off of them as well, just be prepared to cut your losses if they don't hold. I personally won't even be trading in the first 30mins. Eliminating bias is important with days like today. Flipping bear to bull or bull to bear intraday isn't uncommon with days like today.
I'm not even shopping until 9:15 today. Too crazy.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Carlo4
AG
CreakinDeacon said:

Well said. was watching 50 day like a hawk and just waiting it out.
Touchless
AG
If true, then disregard. I have no idea how much the batteries weigh, but assumed given how much smaller they are compared to an engine, it would have to be lighter.
ClutchCityAg

This is a 'nuts on the table type of moment' yall
Let it ride
BrokeAssAggie
QD...
jj9000
AG
XOM approaching 36 looks pretty juicy.

That is, if they don't cut the **** dividend.
texagbeliever
could this play out like 6/13. Low opening with a quick fall. in the first 130 mins on 6/13 it touched below 6/12 low and then went up and up. Just something to consider.
McInnis 03
AG
AMZN just hit the 50day ma and decided to come back up.....for the 2nd trading day in a row.

B&I Key:
Pignorant
AG
ROKU vibin'
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
My List of Value Buys as of 9am. Thoughts?

PTON
ROKU
NVDA
WKHS
AMD
AAPL
ROKU
HouAggie
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

My List of Value Buys as of 9am. Thoughts?

PTON
ROKU
NVDA
WKHS
AMD
AAPL
ROKU
How about ROKU?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I exited QQQ puts when they were down 4% or so (forget exact price). I picked up some SPY 336C when SPY dipped below 3350.

Also, bought 100 shares of PTON at 80.50 and just sold a 09/11 100C for 5.75. you can't make this stuff up.

Edit - 09/11 calls.
McInnis 03
AG
Dipping my toe.

NVDA
9/11
490/500/510c fly
$1 ea

B&I Key:
Ragoo
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I exited QQQ puts when they were down 4% or so (forget exact price). I picked up some SPY 336C when SPY dipped below 3350.

Also, bought 100 shares of PTON at 80.50 and just sold a 09/11 100C for 5.75. you can't make this stuff up.

Edit - 09/11 calls.
i went 85/95 spread on PTON. $10 spread for 3.35.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Dipping my toe.

NVDA
9/11
490/500/510c fly
$1 ea

I"m so annoyed with myself. NVDA dipped to $468 this morning and I wasn't ballsy enough to average down more. Maybe we'll get another mid morning dip here.
Ragoo
AG
I also got AAPL 115/120 spread
McInnis 03
AG
Adding

PTON
85/95/105c fly
9/11
$1 ea

B&I Key:
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
AAPL got away from me, maybe it will retrace.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
picked up ostk 75/80 spreads for 1.5. Hoping for a model T?
McInnis 03
AG
Energy, Tech, and Financial the biggest losers so far. Smallest loser is discretionary spending.....followed by utilities again.

B&I Key:
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
ooh good call. VST a bargain down here, also ex-dividend in a week
Touchless
AG
Someone smarter than me, do y'all have an idea of what may happen with ONTX now that they have closed under $1 for 10 days? Will they be given a notification and have to reply on how they plan to get back above $1? If so, I assume it's likely they would do a split and that tends to drop the price as well. I know OA seems to say buy in the low to mid $0.20s and sell in the low to mid $0.30s, but not sure how this would impact that.
Bretton Gekko
Breached the Friday low as expected.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Bretton Gekko said:

Breached the Friday low as expected.
Good call
thirdcoast
AG
Sold out of my TECS (3x tech bear) calls for nice profit, so I'm sure tech will continue to sell off this week bc I always take profits early.
Brewmaster
AG
Touchless said:

Someone smarter than me, do y'all have an idea of what may happen with ONTX now that they have closed under $1 for 10 days? Will they be given a notification and have to reply on how they plan to get back above $1? If so, I assume it's likely they would do a split and that tends to drop the price as well. I know OA seems to say buy in the low to mid $0.20s and sell in the low to mid $0.30s, but not sure how this would impact that.
I believe they have 30 days to get it back to $1+, but that clock has been ticking since Aug. 24th I think. Then they get sent the deficiency letter and have another 90 to 180 days (most likely 180 if no other deficiencies).
First Page Last Page
Page 2149 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.