Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,078,941 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by El_duderino
FattyDelights
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OSTK has been decimated. About 50% hair cut so fast from ATH.
khaos288
AG
Jet Black said:

khaos288 said:

Jet Black said:

Made a quick $500 on AAPL 9/4 115p. Probably could have been more but I don't feel like sitting here and watching it all day.
Nice win!

Thanks and thanks for the help. It isn't a lot of $ but making money on any options trade, I'll take it.
I think a lot of people would take some 500$ winners today
azul_rain
Double down, Long term growth says we only go up
you may all go to hell and i will go to Texas
tsuag10
AG
Square Pair said:

tsuag10 said:

What are the blue, green, and black lines called? Also, does TD provide that graphing or do you have to subscribe to another service?
They are volume weighted avg price levels starting off the different bottoms he's marked.

I honestly don't know much past that, so I'm hoping someone else here can expand on their significance.
Irish 2.0
Y'all need to keep in mind you don't have to trade every day. If the value isn't there, just sit on your hands. These are days where it's OK to say "Nope. I'm gonna go to the gym instead". I don't think many in here have truly traded during a correction and people can get killed and accounts blown up. Just wait. There will be opportunity to come.
azul_rain
So what about buy and holders like myself ? Just not look at my accounts and keep throwing money at it ? When do I man up and take an L
MaroonDynasty
Etrade is slow AF right now
khaos288
AG
ALMOST opened a 344 straddle. Would have paid 100% at the moment.
Jet Black
How far can aapl realistically drop today?
Aggie_2463
AG
Man I get off the sidelines in QB, MBIO, MGNI, ONTX and get crushed. Figures.
McInnis 03
AG
I think if you learn a lesson during your adventure, it's important to post it here. We need to teach each other as much as giving picks and fun stories, etc.

Two painful lessons I've learned this week, learn from me. (Many of you will laugh at me for these, but hey, share and learn is better than learning alone).

1) When VIX is rising WITH the Indicies, this is a bearish divergence that you HAVE TO pay attention to. It's worth taking some risk off when this appears.
2) DO NOT TAKE RISK OFF ON HEDGES. I screwed myself by capping myself by taking risk off on SPY puts yesterday. Had I not converted these puts to small put spreads I'd have saved myself SEVERAL percentage points. I try to be risk averse, and this cost me big yesterday. Let your hedges run or fail. They're there for a reason.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Apple is eating me alive.
McInnis 03
AG

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Jet Black
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Apple is eating me alive.

Getting smoked too. At least it's in my retirement account, I guess.
Tube
Jet Black said:

How far can aapl realistically drop today?
It's amazing to think one year ago we were racing towards the first Trillion dollar company. And now it sits at 2T.
Irish 2.0
hedge said:

So what about buy and holders like myself ? Just not look at my accounts and keep throwing money at it ? When do I man up and take an L
Depends on what was in your account. Were you buying tech at the highs the last couple months? Are they blue blood dividend stocks? Too many unknowns to give you an answer. If it was random tech that just went along for the ride, I'd dump it. If it is a blue blood, I'd look to add more at the next major support as long as it holds.
ClutchCityAg
Yes, I learned to let the hedges run. Hurt me big time by taking profit on them and then watching my account tank further but now with no hedges in place.
Let it ride
Irish 2.0
MaroonDynasty said:

Etrade is slow AF right now
There is a market latency on several brokers right now
azul_rain
Loaded up on Apple. Amazon and Tesla
Proposition Joe
Has anyone checked in on Portnoy?
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I think if you learn a lesson during your adventure, it's important to post it here. We need to teach each other as much as giving picks and fun stories, etc.

Two painful lessons I've learned this week, learn from me. (Many of you will laugh at me for these, but hey, share and learn is better than learning alone).

1) When VIX is rising WITH the Indicies, this is a bearish divergence that you HAVE TO pay attention to. It's worth taking some risk off when this appears.
2) DO NOT TAKE RISK OFF ON HEDGES. I screwed myself by capping myself by taking risk off on SPY puts yesterday. Had I not converted these puts to small put spreads I'd have saved myself SEVERAL percentage points. I try to be risk averse, and this cost me big yesterday. Let your hedges run or fail. They're there for a reason.
Some perspective on number 2. I bought 355puts at .90 each a few days ago. Those are worth 18.53 right now. Huge account saver but I got stupid thinking I'd take some gains and lock them in.

B&I Key:
TheCougarHunter
AG
Time to buy some TSLA for me
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I bought some more QQQ and AAPL today as soon as I had both in the red. (Jumped in on both last month.)

Alas, pulled the trigger too early. Should've waited. Ah well.

Still like these for long-term holds.
tam2002
AG
ONTX at .19 cents now. Sure I'll buy more
TriumphForks
AG
OA seems to still be confident on ONTX

Bob Knights Paper Hands
Bob Knights Liver said:

McInnis 03 said:

You'd think. I know tech was the first causality today, but the rest pretty much followed....
Maybe this is rotation but with everyone being skittish it started a sell-off everywhere? Pre-market is up for every sector except for tech and industrial

If so should we expect an overall red day for the market but a small green day for financials, energy, consumer discr/staples, and health care?
...or maybe not
khaos288
AG
ARKK and ARKW are 15% off over the past two days. If it gets to 18%, I'm buying them all back
AgShaun00
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Exact same issues I had this week. My cut was to take profits earlier and be happy and others I should have closed faster and taken the loss. FOMO F'ed me
MaroonDynasty
Aggie_2463 said:

Man I get off the sidelines in QD, MBIO, MGNI, ONTX and get crushed. Figures.
Same here, ill double up on MGNI though when the knife stops falling.
oldarmy1
AG
Brutal selloff but the gap filled so some value buying here makes sense.
ClutchCityAg
oldarmy1 said:

Still holding DIS calls?
Let it ride
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
oldarmy1 said:

OA, what do you think is really badly oversold right now? For us longer simple traders just to hold and watch for a while?
FJ43
TriumphForks said:

OA seems to still be confident on ONTX

Thanks I missed that tweet from OA. For ONTX'ers it may be worthy of reading the thread to that tweet and responses.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

gig em 02
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Some perspective on number 2. I bought 355puts at .90 each a few days ago. Those are worth 18.53 right now. Huge account saver but I got stupid thinking I'd take some gains and lock them in.
Number 1 is exactly why I was nervous on Wednesday, so I thinned out my winners, dumped my losers and bought a 9/9 SPY 356P.

Number 2 is exactly why I shouldn't have sold the 356P for 150% gain on Thursday, I could have sold it today for 20x. A win is a win, even when everything else is a loss.
Brewmaster
AG
Incredible, best day ever. I held spy puts and vxx calls overnight... I cashed out of 348P's and VXX calls (all today exp). Will see if I can add a hedge for next week on a rip back up this afternoon.
Also, adding a spy call (out a month) here as a cheap winner. We may drop a little more, but won't matter much.

First Page Last Page
Page 2140 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.