Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,057,271 Views | 231701 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's contagious

Brewmaster
AG
Nice!

have any idea how to play this?

and this:

SpeedyAg90
AG
canagian said:

McInnis 03 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Ok ok OK!

OCT 40C engaged. Dammit.
Same

In as well, got them for .93
McInnis 03
AG
BREwmaster said:

Nice!

have any idea how to play this?

I feel like NFLX is gonna be lotto city tomorrow. Yesterdays big move, consol today, gotta watch it tomorrow.

I bought some 125C 9/18 on ADI, but this is purely speculative. I'm not sure if it's enough time to be honest.
iluvpoker
Anyone else see a mini-correction in the next 2 weeks? Looking at a 2-3 day decline totaling 1000-2000 pts on the Dow. Would 9/11 puts on companies that have risen a lot lately be the preferred play?

Would love some feedback from you guys who are much better technicians.
McInnis 03
AG
OKTA does earnigns tonight good luck y'all who are still in it.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

BREwmaster said:

McInnis 03 said:

I think $WDAY does ER tonight and they just had sweeps come across on the 9/4 245calls
yep, 3 big call sweeps, per stevekavdc, where you saw it too? maybe I'll jump in.

butterfly -- pin the tail on the donkey around 240? that would be a big move.
I bought 3 diff 5 wide flys to try and catch a run up. Total investment less than $1.00

220/225/230
230/235/240
240/245/250
Somebody knew and somebody is an INSOJ

khaos288
AG
Anyone else play WDAY?
McInnis 03
AG
khaos288 said:

Anyone else play WDAY?
HI.
khaos288
AG
McInnis 03 said:

khaos288 said:

Anyone else play WDAY?
HI.
My man. I only wish I bought more.

I was actually in the red, and on a conference call. Looked up and bigly green.
topher06
Well that kind of sucked on DIS, hopefully they can turn it around.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
topher06 said:

What up with dis?
topher06
Fightin_Aggie said:

topher06 said:

What up with dis?

To be clear, it was just a blip on an overall good day. Was speaking specifically in reference to the volume spike followed by drop (which wasn't major in the overall picture).
BrokeAssAggie
topher06 said:

Fightin_Aggie said:

topher06 said:

What up with dis?

To be clear, it was just a blip on an overall good day. Was speaking specifically in reference to the volume spike followed by drop (which wasn't major in the overall picture).

Still got time...
aggiedaniel06
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

That would make you very happy if you pick the fly body at those strikes.

If going by net gamma alone, AAPL should close anywhere between 500-510.

Would that alone cause some downward pressure on AAPL above 500? Not that it necessarily means it will go down, but is that a force working against the buyers?
It doesn't necessarily mean that, but it does somewhat act as a leash on price. Since the March recovery, I have observed a phenomenon that the highest net gamma strikes have been acting as a magnet.

I believe this can be attributed to the fact that the volume and nominal value of options traded in relation to the corresponding underlying has been insanely high with the advent of people working from home, the popularity options trading has gained and commission free trading from Robinhood.

A great example of this is TSLA. For the past few months, there has been a huge demand for OTM options (mainly calls) and dealers are more than happy to create those options but in doing so, they then buy/short the underlying to stay hedged. So when an insane amount of 2-to-3 Std dev OTM calls are bought by Robinhood traders, dealers buy the underlying and and it creates a feedback loop. (I understand this is not the only reason for TSLA's price increase, but gamma positioning has played a big role as well).

So if you like trading butterflies, I think it is key to know the net gamma positions of dealers.

McInnis 03
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

aggiedaniel06 said:

That would make you very happy if you pick the fly body at those strikes.

If going by net gamma alone, AAPL should close anywhere between 500-510.

Would that alone cause some downward pressure on AAPL above 500? Not that it necessarily means it will go down, but is that a force working against the buyers?
It doesn't necessarily mean that, but it does somewhat act as a leash on price. Since the March recovery, I have observed a phenomenon that the highest net gamma strikes have been acting as a magnet.

I believe this can be attributed to the fact that the volume and nominal value of options traded in relation to the corresponding underlying has been insanely high with the advent of people working from home, the popularity options trading has gained and commission free trading from Robinhood.

A great example of this is TSLA. For the past few months, there has been a huge demand for OTM options (mainly calls) and dealers are more than happy to create those options but in doing so, they then buy/short the underlying to stay hedged. So when an insane amount of 2-to-3 Std dev OTM calls are bought by Robinhood traders, dealers buy the underlying and and it creates a feedback loop. (I understand this is not the only reason for TSLA's price increase, but gamma positioning has played a big role as well).

So if you like trading butterflies, I think it is key to know the net gamma positions of dealers.

THIS IS WHY I COME HERE.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
VEEV earnings and revenue look good. Sort of a sister company to salesforce with a moat around it in the medical sector.

After hours up 3%. Weird thing is that looked to start right after close but I don't thing earnings came out until 30 mins after close but maybe not.
Brewmaster
AG
khaos288 said:

Anyone else play WDAY?
boy Howdy! I grabbed a call before close following the big money (245C) and opened a call spread. I'm hoping it's still up big at open tomorrow. These would be great to play flipping commons too.
wanderer
Played with some 8/28 235/240 call spreads to limit risk on earnings. Might be able to max them out tomorrow.
astroaggie13
AG
Thank you for sharing this. Like McFly, I really enjoy the insight you share.

How do you pull up the statistics such as the net gamma you posted?
Gig em Stros
aggiedaniel06
AG
Since many are trading OSTK, here is another cool way to look at gamma.

You can use the traditional methodlogy of support/resistance using TA, but check it out through the lens of gamma. Once it loses 110, there is only dealer gamma clustered from 91-97.

And sure enough it just knifed through 110-100 in a flash.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
That's awesome. What are you using to view that? Besides your eyes, a computer monitor, etc.?
iluvpoker
iluvpoker said:

Anyone else see a mini-correction in the next 2 weeks? Looking at a 2-3 day decline totaling 1000-2000 pts on the Dow. Would 9/11 puts on companies that have risen a lot lately be the preferred play?

Will this help get my question answered?

**We aren't making this to be a hottie's thread.**
tailgatetimer10
AG
OA addressed this pages back. his puts are way further out than that, however. Utilizing the election as potential catalyst.
McInnis 03
AG
I think if any of us "knew" a correction was coming we'd eagerly share here, but none of us can predict the future. We mostly play the trends and moves based on some tech analysis.

Can it happen? Sure. Will it? I don't know and I'm not sure anyone else does either.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I have had to do my actual job this afternoon. What a concept.

I bet small on Apple, was hoping for a blow through the split like Tesla is doing. I will likely eject from it near the open tomorrow. I think my max loss is $450. OSTK I am not super worried about because I believe it in long term.

i have a funny thing going on with ZM. I am running a 282.5/287.5 vertical, both in the money, and the options are canceling each other out where I am slightly net negative. Guess I'm waiting for expiration for theta decay.

Also, bought 600 shares of WDC after hours.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
iluvpoker said:

iluvpoker said:

Will this help get my question answered?

**We aren't making this to be a hottie's thread.**
I thought this week was going to be the week, for what it's worth. I agree with you.
gougler08
AG
I think we all expect a pullback at some point; however, the SPY continues to trade well above the 8 and 21 EMA so I'd continue to play the trend until it at least breaks through 1 if not both of those before really expecting a sharp pullback
FishrCoAg
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I think if any of us "knew" a correction was coming we'd eagerly share here, but none of us can predict the future. We mostly play the trends and moves based on some tech analysis.

Can it happen? Sure. Will it? I don't know and I'm not sure anyone else does either.
I'll go so far as to say it will happen. The only question is when. I've blown a little cash buying puts when I thought it was imminent.
aggiedaniel06
AG
This is prop stuff. I am sure you can get this info somewhere online, but might not be free.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I just came to this ugly ugly realization.

Between April and July I was averaging +2.8% each month on my portfolio. This month, even if I take out a good size loss on ONTX and call that an outlier unless I get a few miracles to come through I am probably going to be down 1/2% . My realization is this, my success from April to July was very well likely due to the market as a whole making a come back after the Spring dip and not any special recognition skills I have. Oh well, gonna try and work on my game and get better moving forward.
iluvpoker
tailgatetimer10 said:

OA addressed this pages back. his puts are way further out than that, however. Utilizing the election as potential catalyst.

I won't buy put and/ or calls on the election until 11/2. No reason to pay the time premiums. What I'm looking at is something similar to June 10 and 11. Everything is coming together (SPY, VIX, Bond yields, dollar value) to trigger a small 1500 pt correction on the Dow. Picking up the right puts can land some nice ten baggers in a 2 day period. Right now the odds look high to me this happens between 9/1-9/11. I'll post here when I enter the trade.

I'm just curious if anyone else sees what I see. Thanks for the replies. They were helpful.

Staff - didn't want this to be a hotties thread. My question was ignored. I figure because I don't post here much. Thought boobs would work. Thanks! Lol
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/27/walmart-wanted-majority-tiktok-stake-teamed-with-alphabet-softbank.html
Quote:

Walmart and Microsoft might seem like an unlikely partnership to acquire TikTok's U.S. assets, but until very recently the retailer had other plans.

Before teaming up with Microsoft in recent days, Walmart was part of a consortium put together by SoftBank Chief Operating Officer Marcelo Claure, which also included Google parent company Alphabet, according to people familiar with the matter.

SoftBank's Claure felt Walmart's all-American image and Google's cloud computing infrastructure backbone could be a way in for the Japanese technology company, which has specialized in buying young, high-flying technology companies in recent years, including Uber and WeWork, said the people, who asked not to be named because the discussions were private. The deal structure would have had Walmart as the lead buyer, with SoftBank and Alphabet acquiring minority stakes. One or two other minority holders held talks to join the consortium, two of the people said.

Walmart wanted to be the exclusive e-commerce and payments provider for TikTok and have access to user data to enhance those capabilities, one of the people said. But the people said the U.S. government wanted the lead buyer of TikTok to be a technology company because that would better fit with its national-security rationale for forcing Chinese owner ByteDance to divest TikTok's U.S. operations.

Alphabet, which also owns YouTube and could face significant antitrust opposition if it acquired TikTok's U.S. assets, was primarily interested in TikTok as a new cloud computing customer, and felt it was not in a position to lead the deal, the people said. That caused the consortium to fall apart last week and led Walmart, which had become increasingly convinced that TikTok fits into its strategy, to partner with Microsoft on a bid instead
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Bretton Gekko said:

does the market represent anything other than inflation anymore?

This explains it for me, stonks go up because flat=down
Ranger222
AG
Been more lucky than good the last couple days, thanks to call flow. Yesterday it was ABT, tonight it was WDAY. I blindly followed that 245 C flow and didn't even realize they had earnings.

Highly encourage everyone to take a look at PINS. I've been out on the stock for the longest time thinking it was a go nowhere stock. That mindset has shifted significantly. They are routing a lot of online order flow right now, and has been a lot of accumulation in longer dated calls which is what I love. Been holding their earnings gap and hanging around $34 last couple sessions. Didn't budge today around lunch when the market went down. Tells me it wants higher very soon. I'm in Oct 34 C. Similar is ETSY. I'm long stock -- looking for potential call action.
First Page Last Page
Page 2095 of 6621

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.