Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,073,345 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by El_duderino
Bob Knights Paper Hands
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tramaro1 said:

Fidelity users out there, what are some of the big differences between the normal platform and active trader pro? Does it cost anything? Do they have a mobile app?

It doesn't cost anything for me. I can set up different saved customized charts that I can look through for any stocks or options, including indicators or events. I can execute multi-leg option trades as a single event instead of each leg separately. I can run simulations on these to see how the value of a long condor might advance over time for ranges of different underlying stock prices. I am sure there is more functionality that I don't know about. I still use the main site for certain items as well.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
AgOutsideAustin said:

Have no idea what a reverse engulfing candle is but it sounds painful...... but AOA's balances are engulfing to all time highs
Thanks Texags heavy hitters !!

OA had a good visual explanation, but its basically after you have a move up or down over a certain time step and then the time period immediately following that completely reverses that movement. On a candle chart the second candle completely engulfs the first.
HoustonAg_2009
Market ran up this PM while VIX ran up as well......What's next??
GigEmRangers75455
Ragoo said:

That AAPL move into close has to be bullish right?

I bought AAPL for the first time last week. 130 shares at $460 was a really big investment for me. My wife thought I was out of my mind but it's one I'm planning on holding/adding to for years.
Brewmaster
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I know he said 295's, but the 290's had 64000 contracts today.
yeah I went with Duck's play and grabbed a couple of the 9/4 300's...
BABA

VXX calls tripled at the close! missed it, still holding mine
gig em 02
oldarmy1 said:

If you see a reverse engulfing candle (to reject today's engulfing candle) on MGNI tomorrow that breaks $8 put as much $ in it as you feel comfortable doing. Most see that red engulfing candle as bearish but it's just fun and games with the stock tightly trading today.

I will guarantee a move back up to break $8 would result in a breakout.
This man doesn't take his guarantees lightly.
59 South
AG
oldarmy1 said:

If you see a reverse engulfing candle (to reject today's engulfing candle) on MGNI tomorrow that breaks $8 put as much $ in it as you feel comfortable doing. Most see that red engulfing candle as bearish but it's just fun and games with the stock tightly trading today.

I will guarantee a move back up to break $8 would result in a breakout.

Bought 2000 shares today and will add 1500 more on a break of 8. There's some other bullish technicals going on as well. Need to update some charts when I get back to my computer tomorrow, but in the end if you make a guarantee, I'm not questioning it!
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
oldarmy1
AG
I did that on GOCO today.

The SDC buy under $7.20 looks good. If you see any early blip down to $7.30 that would be one too because I think it will break the $8.25 from last time and move back up to the $9.25 channel.

jtmoney03
AG
jtmoney03 said:

I do think HD and LOW are interesting. Never played the storms before, but going to take a chance here.

HD 300 C 9/4
LOW 175 C 9/4

Net free on on both of these. Smart move, but should have bought more, dummy!

<in my best McInnis>
leoj
AG
I exited Netflix weekly calls juuuust a little early today. Got shaken out at 510
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
everyone is betting on good fed news tomorrow. you know what happens most of the time when everyone bets one way?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
oldarmy1 said:

The SDC buy under $7.20 looks good. If you see any early blip down to $7.30 that would be one too because I think it will break the $8.25 from last time and move back up to the $9.25 channel.

Sell $8 puts for .7 to the same end?
bigbass1170
AG
Cracked open a beer after today. Best day I've had yet thanks to FB and some smaller plays. Pocketed a good bit of gains and hedged in case we get a rug pull from the Fed tomorrow.
Rice and Fries
$30,000 Millionaire said:

everyone is betting on good fed news tomorrow. you know what happens most of the time when everyone bets one way?

They all buy SLV?!
Brewmaster
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

NRD09 said:

BREwmaster said:

tsuag10 said:

What happened to OSTK?
she's cooling off, trading sideways, in a box consolidation. I think it's a great buy here or if you want to buy in via selling puts, etc.
I added a credit spread on it for week ending 9/11.
Not feeling super confident in my 350 calls at this point...

I'm very much a newbie and I don't do puts, calls, shorting, etc..

But last couple of days on OSTK I feel like sets up good short term play. I'm buying 25 at $109.12 and going to hit the sell order for those 25 at $125. I have 75 for a long hold I wont mess with .
let it run, when it does... instead of just selling them at 125 on the rip, watch if it tests ATH breakout (and keep resetting your stops or put a trailing stop). If it breaks that and has new PT's announced or big news, it could see a big run IMO.

yeah my OSTK calls are toast, rolled out of them and into a credit spread for 9/11 exp.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I just saw that I got filled on a CWH Jan 22 25P I sold for $9. you can't make this stuff up.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BREwmaster said:

NRD09 said:

BREwmaster said:

tsuag10 said:

What happened to OSTK?
she's cooling off, trading sideways, in a box consolidation. I think it's a great buy here or if you want to buy in via selling puts, etc.

But last couple of days on OSTK I feel like sets up good short term play. I'm buying 25 at $109.12 and going to hit the sell order for those 25 at $125. I have 75 for a long hold I wont mess with .
let it run, when it does... instead of just selling them at 125 on the rip, watch if it tests ATH breakout (and keep resetting your stops or put a trailing stop). If it breaks that and has new PT's announced or big news, it could see a big run IMO.

yeah my OSTK calls are toast, rolled out of them and into a credit spread for 9/11 exp.
OSTK closed below the daily 8 EMA and above the 21. I don't see any reason to worry about this yet. Rolling probably smart, but let's see how we open tomorrow.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG

BREwmaster said:

NRD09 said:

BREwmaster said:

tsuag10 said:

What happened to OSTK?

OSTK closed below the daily 8 EMA and above the 21. I don't see any reason to worry about this yet. Rolling probably smart, but let's see how we open tomorrow.
I always like it when you talk dirty, but this a whole nother level!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
BREwmaster said:

NRD09 said:

BREwmaster said:

tsuag10 said:

What happened to OSTK?

Good idea. Thanks!
frankm01
Can someone explain the difference between OSTK and OSTKO? I read that OSTKO is a digital version of the stock, may pay a small dividend but is traded on PInk Sheets thru a platform called tZERO. Is one better/safer than the other?

TIA
McInnis 03
AG
ABT up big on fda approval of antigen test
Brewmaster
AG
frankm01 said:

Can someone explain the difference between OSTK and OSTKO? I read that OSTKO is a digital version of the stock, may pay a small dividend but is traded on PInk Sheets thru a platform called tZERO. Is one better/safer than the other?

TIA
OSTKO is the digital preferred version and is only available to retail at the moment (to my knowledge and just on Fidelity or on dino.tzero.com aka dinosaur financial), so lower liquidity for now, but all the same rights as OSTK and it will catch OSTK in time and probably pass it. That is per Cohodes and others that know more than me @Alderlaneeggs on twitter. @HiddenPivots also twitter, believes OSTKO will go to multiple brokerages soon, really boosting liquidity. I've rolled profits from OSTK into OSTKO a couple times now. Long a lot of OSTKO...and yes OSTKO will have a dividend, what it is I'm not sure yet.

here's some big $ food for thought too... OSTK landed a big government contract, AMZN was the other company that did. gosh I feel like a pumper now, need to go wash my hands, ha!

docaggie
AG
I worry about a lot of these COVID test plays.
New saliva tests keep coming out, but with the free protocol that has come out that doesn't need specific test kits, those companies making machines and test kits for saliva testing are going to be out in the cold.

As for antigen testing, we don't know what to do with that. We've stopped using it at my hospital and in our hospital system (and we're not small). Thing is we don't know yet that having a positive antigen (IgG) test means that you're immune. There are reports of reinfection of people who had COVID previously. So having another antigen test is fine, but a lot of hospitals aren't using them.

You also have to consider that when companies go to batch testing (i.e. testing a whole swath of people in one test, clearing them all if it's negative and retesting as needed among that group if positive) that the number of tests done will decrease dramatically if you can now test 20, 40, 100 people with a single test.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
wanderer
Speaking of...

ABT is up 10% AH
frankm01
Brew, thanks for the detailed response. Much better than anything I've been able to find. I own some O in my taxable Fidelity account. Hopefully as you mentioned it will be available soon on other platforms. Will probably pick up some more on this dip.

Thanks again.
TheCellarDoor
AG
For any newbies, best advice I've gotten in here. The trend is your friend. Follow the money. Don't be scared to take profits and/or cut bait.

Last week, tens of millions of dollars in calls were dropped on big tech. This week, Amazon, Facebook and Apple reach ATH, and TSLA keeps doing TSLA things. I followed the money and Redler helped me identify the trends that backed up the money.

It's so tempting to chase weeklies and play lottos, but I've done best this year following the above.

Also, get Twitter and follow the guys mentioned here (cheddarflow, Redler, Hidden Pivots, Wall Street Jesus, etc). So much good info to beef up your own charting skills and the advice given here. But buyer beware Twitter is a cesspool!
McInnis 03
AG
SIG very quietly just got $17 on AH
ClutchCityAg

Let it ride
aggiehunter3
AG
leoj said:

I exited Netflix weekly calls juuuust a little early today. Got shaken out at 510

I had nflx $500c I bought yesterday at $2.8... was feeling good about myself selling at $6.5, $11, and finally all out at $12 before my day was filled with conference calls. Only to check back and see they were at $50...woof. I also had FB $280c I purchased last Friday at $1.6 that I sold out yesterday that I watched hit $20+ today. What could have been.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
txaggie_08 said:

GOCO and QD are killing me. Wondering what to do with them as well
sell covered calls.
Brewmaster
AG
aggiehunter3 said:

leoj said:

I had nflx $500c I bought yesterday at $2.8... was feeling good about myself selling at $6.5, $11, and finally all out at $12 before my day was filled with conference calls. Only to check back and see they were at $50
all of you that played NFLX and missed the huge pay day (me included, didn't play it at all, but played FB)...

it may pullback a little tomorrow, then we get to do it all over again on Friday and it may have 600 in the cards soon! and here's some food for thought:

Colt98
AG
Man I hope so. This one was a hard pill to swallow.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Colt98 said:

Man I hope so. This one was a hard pill to swallow.
I know you know this, but $25K is a good win. Don't revenge trade.
Harkrider 93
AG

Word is that the FED is going to try to target higher inflation to get above the 2% target. They feel that if they can do that, we get out of the sluggish growth we have been in for over 10yrs.

The market likely reacts positively to this news. Trying to increase inflation is good for stocks based on what they have done in the past to accomplish that.
Ragoo
AG
Let's go AAPL
First Page Last Page
Page 2089 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.