Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,073,131 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by El_duderino
Touchless
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Competition was fierce under $0.28 for shares. I had a 3 million share order on with only 10000 showing and refreshing. You do that so if it sells under what you show because of larger market sells you benefit from lower fills on the refresh. You also can miss on a full order fill. But I love doing it that way.

Never know once market opens if we revisit or value buying shoots it up so if we make $0.35 or close premarket I take some quick gains and be prepared to buy.
Question for you on ONTX.

With this significant of a drop in price, I imagine they will close below $1 for the next couple of weeks at a minimum at which point they will have to announce a plan for how to get back above $1. Since they no longer have this drug they were confident in to get them back there organically, I assume it's more likely they will end up announcing a split which tends to drive the price down further again.

Are your purchases now strictly to try and get a bounce back in the price this week to recover some of the losses from the drop in price today? I know your average cost is pretty low as it was so you may still be positive overall anyway, but the 70% drop is still a huge drop in overall value.

Is there something I'm missing or do you still think it can bet back to $1 to be in good standing? I'm not aware of any of their other trials announcing anything in the near future.
Ernest Tucker
AG
WoMD said:

Time to load up on GOCO?

Probably, as I just sold my shares to see if I could buy back lower.
cptthunder
Seems like its been a few pages since its been mentioned but the MGNI flag/wedge what ever it should be called is getting mighty pointy
Would 7.50 calls out to Sept for ~.50 or Oct. for ~.85 be a good idea?
HoustonAg_2009
VIPS has been a Chinese high flyer, until recently when it sold off after earnings. Their main business is online products sales and distributions services. Could be worth picking up on this dip.
Ragoo
AG
Reverse H/S forming on aapl. Could see a move here.
fooz
stxag8 said:

In on ONTX at .285
In at $0.2809
txaggie_08
AG
brd79 said:

WoMD said:

Time to load up on GOCO?

Probably, as I just sold my shares to see if I could buy back lower.

Just be sure you don't buy back for at least 30 days to avoid the wash sale rule.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

BAC calls getting lit up, CCL 16 calls for next week getting lit up, this feels like the same stinking rotation we saw a couple weeks ago.
CCL is leaving the port.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Glad I got on the boat!
SpongeBob
AG
Noob Fly question - i can't get ToS to process a BWB. Is there a secret to creating the order?
McInnis 03
AG
SpongeBob said:

Noob Fly question - i can't get ToS to process a BWB. Is there a secret to creating the order?
You have to have margin or cash on hand in order to cover the buying power obligation.......is this an issue?
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

ZM tanks today because it had tons of problems this morning.

Know why it had tons of problems this morning?

BECAUSE EVERY FREAKING SCHOOL IN THE COUNTRY IS TRYING TO LOG ON.

BUY THE DIP.
Please tell me y'all bought the dip.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Took a bit of DIS profit, and I doubled my position on AAPL ahead of the stock split.

Already up 1.45% on just today's shares.

My whole portolio is doing gangbusters today.
Jet Black
Glad I got out of mara and ontx when I did.
59 South
AG
Could this finally be the 60 minute reversal candle on ROKU that we've patiently been waiting a few weeks for? It touched right on the upward trend line from June that touched 3 times then. Need a close up over 150. Close over 152 would be LIT. Also need some volume.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
khaos288
AG
A lot of insider buying on PSX. I took a half lot stake this morning, and it's up decently.
GigEmRangers75455
OA still confident in MBIO in the short term or is it more of a long term play?

59 South
AG
I think it's more medium term play. Today isn't pretty so we'll see if it's just nothing or it gets some downside follow through. If it doesn't shape up in the next couple of days, I'll probably unload it.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
HoustonAg2014
AG
khaos288 said:

A lot of insider buying on PSX. I took a half lot stake this morning, and it's up decently.

Not saying that this is the reason why, but August is when the stock incentive program kicks in for PSX. I used to work there so I always had that timing in my head.

So kind of saying that's the reason why lol. It might be other things but most likely stock incentive kicked in today for all employees including the big dogs.
khaos288
AG
Aggiesincebirth said:

khaos288 said:

Not saying that this is the reason why, but August is when the stock incentive program kicks in for PSX. I used to work there so I always had that timing in my head.

So kind of saying that's the reason why lol. It might be other things but most likely stock incentive kicked in today for all employees including the big dogs.
Does that timing coincide with what's here? I see some in June as well

https://www.thelincolnianonline.com/2020/08/23/phillips-66-nysepsx-director-buys-92175-00-in-stock.html
SpongeBob
AG
McInnis 03 said:

SpongeBob said:

You have to have margin or cash on hand in order to cover the buying power obligation.......is this an issue?

It isn't. When I have the strikes entered it tells me it can't find a spread. Broken leg is the highest strike.
CPDAggie10
AG
MARA is killing me. Very poorly timed entry by me.
WoMD
CPDAggie10 said:

MARA is killing me. Very poorly timed entry by me.

Me too. Nemesis stock if ever there was one for me...
McInnis 03
AG
SpongeBob said:

McInnis 03 said:

SpongeBob said:

It isn't. When I have the strikes entered it tells me it can't find a spread. Broken leg is the highest strike.

Each leg has to be a tradeable option. ToS will still show 495 even if only 490 and 500 are valid options
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
KT 90 said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Boat Shoes said:

Adding shares of ONTX as well. Smart play?

I'd stay away. But maybe OA or someone with better skillz can guide you.

OA was adding like crazy earlier this morning pre-market. Go back a page or so on the thread.

I'll go back at the end of the day and look but what strategy? Short or long? As a short play if you're gona watch this and really focus on it ya I think there's money to be made as it swings back and forth. Long term, it's probably a good long wait before you see anything.
Swollen Thumb
AG

KT 90 said:

Boat Shoes said:

OA was adding like crazy earlier this morning pre-market. Go back a page or so on the thread.

I'll go back at the end of the day and look but what strategy? Short or long? As a short play if you're gona watch this and really focus on it ya I think there's money to be made as it swings back and forth. Long term, it's probably a good long wait before you see anything.
OA Post from this morning:

"It's a drug company with a lot of development products. They just need one and this one failed. That's the game and why you get net free. But I love overreaction buying. I got 1.6 million shares filled under $0.28 and am selling half at $0.35+."
SpongeBob
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Each leg has to be a tradeable option. ToS will still show 495 even if only 490 and 500 are valid options

Am using TOS Web. I was choosing a Condor and adjusting the transaction to be the legs of a Fly. Tech Support couldn't explain why that isn't workable. If I choose strikes from the Option Chain, it goes smoothly.

Thanks for your help. I'm afraid you may turn me into a big fan of BWBs.
Jet Black

KT 90 said:

Boat Shoes said:

Could be very long
BT1395
AG
Any thoughts on SLV here in the mid-24s?
Brewmaster
AG

I might have to add more at end of today! I still have the Sept 300's., sold 272.50's this morning.

and Steve is a great follow... mostly just posts options flow and big buys.
McInnis 03
AG
BREwmaster said:

I might have to add more at end of today! I still have the Sept 300's., sold 272.50's this morning.

and Steve is a great follow... mostly just posts options flow and big buys.
Get in quick, he's been saying he's about to take his twitter private due to bots and other nefarious folks following him lately.
Brewmaster
AG
Huge buys in the 150C's for this week OSTK. 7200 of them now, but first block was 6000.

No, I'm not kidding, that would be a massive move up this week. HP is hinting that a big name or names is about to start covering them (Credit Suisse or B of A) and with that you get a new PT.
spud1910
AG
oldarmy1 said:

It's a drug company with a lot of development products. They just need one and this one failed. That's the game and why you get net free. But I love overreaction buying. I got 1.6 million shares filled under $0.28 and am selling half at $0.35+.

Still selling half at $0.35?
Carlo4
AG
Swollen Thumb said:

KT 90 said:

Boat Shoes said:

OA Post from this morning:

"It's a drug company with a lot of development products. They just need one and this one failed. That's the game and why you get net free. But I love overreaction buying. I got 1.6 million shares filled under $0.28 and am selling half at $0.35+."
And this is exactly what is happening. It's already back at $.38 a share. Was able to get in a shade under .28 as an average.

I'm going to look to profit a little also... makes up for the MARA beatdown.
McInnis 03
AG
BREwmaster said:

Huge buys in the 150C's for this week OSTK. 7200 of them now, but first block was 6000.

No, I'm not kidding, that would be a massive move up this week. HP is hinting that a big name or names is about to start covering them (Credit Suisse or B of A) and with that you get a new PT.
If this is happening, the 10 wide vertical 140/150 is going for $.65
First Page Last Page
Page 2075 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.