Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,073,045 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by El_duderino
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Exiting 75% of TTOO here $2.20 Great pop

Damn, you sent it back under $2
ProgN
cottonpicker said:

Lawsuit against goco? Hope it doesn't crater it's further and has been factored in
Where are you seeing a lawsuit?
Ragoo
AG
Guess I won't be getting aapl 495.
ProgN
Ragoo said:

Guess I won't be getting aapl 495.
Sure you will, post split.
oldarmy1
AG
ONTX halted
oldarmy1
AG
Prognightmare said:

cottonpicker said:

Lawsuit against goco? Hope it doesn't crater it's further and has been factored in

I see no news other than the expansion of a new 1200 seat facility in Utah.
ProgN
Prognightmare said:

cottonpicker said:

ETA: found it

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/goco-alert-johnson-fistel-launches-investigation-into-gohealth---stock-price-has-plummeted-since-ipo-investors-suffering-losses-encouraged-to-contact-the-firm-301116694.html

It's an ambulance chasing firm, I'm not concerned.
BrokeAssAggie
oldarmy1 said:

ONTX halted

For going which way!?!
CW2011
AG
Looks like bad news on ONTX
oldarmy1
AG
Good grief! Yeah that group is known for IPO harassment.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/goco-alert-johnson-fistel-launches-investigation-into-gohealth---stock-price-has-plummeted-since-ipo-investors-suffering-losses-encouraged-to-contact-the-firm-301116694.html
Spaceship
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

oldarmy1 said:

ONTX halted

For going which way!?!

The bad way.
ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

Good grief! Yeah that group is known for IPO harassment.

Yeah, IIRC they wanted to sue FSLY when they dropped, OOPS
oldarmy1
AG
GoHealth Utah expansion

https://curated.tncontentexchange.com/states/utah/gohealth-breaks-ground-on-new-facility-bringing-nearly-1-200-jobs-to-lindon-utah/article_701e9f51-63d8-58fb-990d-d36ba5f2cb78.html
oldarmy1
AG
ONTX

McInnis 03
AG
HOLY HELL AAPLE
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
wanderer
Just plummeted to almost a quarter.

I was only holding net free shares, but that stings.
gig em 02
I must have missed the beating zest took Friday too
wanderer
Its flying right by the put McFly
PuryearAg98
AG
Welp...there goes those net free shares of ONTX...
oldarmy1
AG
Buying all I can fill under $0.28 ONTX
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
So is ontx going to be a model t opportunity? Or just buy the dip? They have other stuff in the pipeline right? Rigosertib is just their myeloma drug, the breast cancer drug is still in play?
Edit: oa buys i buy...
BrokeAssAggie
oldarmy1 said:

Buying all I can fill under $0.28 ONTX

So you are still bullish I see
Cadet05
AG
OA- future thoughts on ONTX since you are still a buyer?
McInnis 03
AG
wanderer said:

I have a broken put so the credit spread means it's still a winner!
tam2002
AG
Looks like I found my new entry point on ONTX. Geez
oldarmy1
AG
It's a drug company with a lot of development products. They just need one and this one failed. That's the game and why you get net free. But I love overreaction buying. I got 1.6 million shares filled under $0.28 and am selling half at $0.35+.

wanderer
oldarmy1 said:

oldarmy1 said:

Just went for a 100 SPY Monday $341 Calls. These are the times I'll risk a few thousand to see if a record set Friday results in a launch Monday.

How ya doin'?

Take advantage of the pop and sell at open? Only sell half to see if SPY continues? Let them run and get assigned @ 341 (just kidding, but may actually be a choice for you)
Ragoo
AG
McInnis 03 said:

wanderer said:

I have a broken put so the credit spread means it's still a winner!
boom! This seems to be an almost guarantee play unless the stock tanks. Runs up, keep the credit, pin the middle and double/triple up.
oldarmy1
AG
I sell 75% on expiring options at the open
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
omg ONTX. wowzers.
BrokeAssAggie
Hey QD, can make your move today.
oldarmy1
AG
Competition was fierce under $0.28 for shares. I had a 3 million share order on with only 10000 showing and refreshing. You do that so if it sells under what you show because of larger market sells you benefit from lower fills on the refresh. You also can miss on a full order fill. But I love doing it that way.

Never know once market opens if we revisit or value buying shoots it up so if we make $0.35 or close premarket I take some quick gains and be prepared to buy.
McInnis 03
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

McInnis 03 said:

I play put flys on bullish moves.
Call flys on bearish moves.
You can use either on a play of no movement.

I'm not sure I follow you here, care to explain the thought process in more detail?

Also if you are bullish on a stock and target the price to move up, wouldn't you tend to break the downside leg a little and vice versa if you are bearish? You want to be free to put max profit at the price you think has highest probability of ending on put want that broken leg towards you in case it doesn't move as much as you anticipate.
So I saw this reply last night and my mind has been swimming in the answer possibilities. There's more than one way to attack this....and I think how a person answers it is also a part of the insight into their trading process.

Butterflies (std and broken-wing (BWB)) can be traded directionally or neutrally. At this point in time I'm directional and I'm implementing on directional stocks. AMZN, APPL, CRWD, TSLA, etc are just a few I've been implementing on. Please understand that I'm taking a directional bias and implementing the play from there.

A standard fly is two vertical spreads joined at the midpoint, right? One is a debit spread, one is a credit spread. This is what brings the capital requirement down. To bring the capital down further, you can add a 2nd credit spread into the equation and THIS is what a BWB is.

EX1: Std fly -> buy 100C, sell 105C x2, buy 110C. Std fly with a 100/105 debit spread, and a 105/110 credit spread

EX2: BWB fly -> buy 100C, sell 105Cx2, buy 115C. BWB Fly with a 100/105 debit spread, 105/110 Credit Spread, and another 110/115 credit spread which becomes a 105/115 credit spread. Selling the 2nd credit spread here may net you a credit on the transaction.

If I'm going bullish, I'm expecting the stock to go UP. In this case I want to sell a put spread on the low side of the fly as that's where I can capture more profit if the stock goes my way, away from that spread I sold.

If I'm going bearish, I'm expecting the stock to go DOWN. In this case I want to sell a call spread on the high side of the fly as that's where I can capture more profit if the stock goes my way, away from that spread I sold.

Now I'm sure there are 10 more ways to do this. This play is so damn flexible, it's what makes it great. You can definitely play it the other way where if you're bullish you place a BWB call spread and if you're bearish you place a BWB put spread......but these are going to insulate you in the event the trade goes the WRONG way I believe. That's not what I'm doing as a directional play, I'm trying to get the MOST from my play in the direction I have confidence in.

I feel like I could write a book on this topic and I don't want to do that here. Hopefully this reply gives you a glimpse into my execution on these. Perhaps as things change and volatilities change my plays will change as well, but right now this is working REALLY well for me and my track record in other ways is not so good. This is where I will continue to live in trades for a bit
zag213004
AG
Ranger222 said:

zwhag2010 said:

Ranger222 said:

New position -- FB OCT 18 300C

Still in this or was this a scalp ahead of the spike that hit today. (Trying to see if this is too late to jump in on)
sorry was away from computer most of afternoon...it was OCT 16 as some pointed out not 18

Still on...with that long date (two months) this will be a hold for a while. You could play it for a scalp with shorter dated calls. Someone mentioned Sept 280 and I like those too. Could ladder it with both and take profits on the Sept calls on a quick move up this week while still holding Oct

Tried that recently with SNAP...bought 8/21 and then 9/18 calls...didn't work as SNAP has never moved. Lost quite a bit on the 8/21 Cs. Still holding Sept

Still holding SNAP shares or an option position?
cottonpicker
AG
Prognightmare said:

Prognightmare said:

cottonpicker said:

ETA: found it

It's an ambulance chasing firm, I'm not concerned.
Good deal. I did not get a chance to read it. Actually may be a buying opportunity then.
First Page Last Page
Page 2072 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.